Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-04-08, 5:45am

Default Color charts

It took some time but I have now made color charts of CiM, Effetre, Kugler 104, Lauscha, Ornela and Reichenbach 104. You can see them at my blog or website.

There are a few colors missing from Effetre, Lauscha and Ornela, I will complete the charts as soon as possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-08, 5:51am
Sorry for party rockin'

Oh my gosh, Miriam, your color charts are incredible!! I can only imagine the amount of time you put into those.

Thank you for sharing with us

Old 2010-04-08, 6:45am

Oh wow! These are so cool! I can only imagine the amount of time and energy that went into this. Thank you so much for sharing them!

~
~
~

Old 2010-04-08, 6:49am

Smile

Thanks Miriam for doing this and offering it up as a resource to others- I can see there is alot time that went into this! Laura

Old 2010-04-08, 10:32am

Those are beautiful ... what a lot of work! It's an awesome resource....
Thank you.

Old 2010-04-08, 10:56am

amazing
thank you
Old 2010-04-08, 10:59am

Miriam, it's clear you put a lot of hard work into this and it is much appreciated! You have created possibly the best resource for color charts on the web. Thank you so much.

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2010-04-08, 11:07am
It's all about the color.

Well done!

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-04-08, 11:07am
Goddess

Wow Miriam, fantastic job! Thank you for sharing it!

Old 2010-04-08, 12:26pm

Thank you all for your kind words.

Yes it was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every minute of it and I found some lovely colors I forgot existed.

When I have the charts completed for that moment, I will have them printed in a magazine so you can have this resource next to you all the time. Glass companies are releasing new colors all the time, so this will be a lifelong task I guess.

|
Old 2010-04-08, 2:47pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Damn. Now there's MORE glass I want that I didn't know existed.

The charts are phenomenal. Two thumbs up.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-04-09, 7:52am

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this, Miriam. You've created a great resource!

Mimi
Old 2010-04-09, 8:06am
Rose colored glasses…√

I'm bummed that I have the Reichenbach Silver Brown and I get nothing out of it. The pictures of it are gorgeous.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-04-09, 8:10am

Thank you Miriam!
Old 2010-04-09, 8:14am
passionate about pets

wow....great work!!!!!

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2010-04-09, 9:37am

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
I'm bummed that I have the Reichenbach Silver Brown and I get nothing out of it. The pictures of it are gorgeous.
You only need a breeze of a reduction flame and a bit of striking. The color depends on your torch chemistry I think. I work on a Lynx, maybe that is why I get some different colors out of the Silver Brown.

|
Old 2010-04-09, 12:16pm

Miriam:
I agree that these are awesome. The color charts are amazing and they make me want to buy more glass. Or better yet look at some of the colors that I have that are collecting dust. I bought a Reichenbach sample pack that is going to have to be used this weekend.

Thanks so much for your hard work.
Old 2010-04-09, 2:17pm
offically down under

What an amazing amount of work and beautifully photographed. One thing sure is apparent, Effetre oranges and reds sure don't have a lot to boast about. Thanks for all your hard work and you have a great blog (even if I can't read Dutch)

Old 2010-04-10, 4:11am
LE cat whisperer

Thank you SOoooooooooo much!!! I just finished printing all of your color charts out and they have been added to my Lampwork Bible. Now I have to go buy more ink for the printer. Your charts are by far the best with a "true" display of the actual colors.

Tanya Harness-Floyd

Website ~
~
~
Old 2010-04-10, 6:07am

THis is fabulous Miriam! Thanks for your time to it and sharing with us!