Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2016-03-02, 8:55pm

Default Help Please.

I hope it is ok to ask for help on pricing in this forum. I have a small lot of Boro that I would like to put in the Garage sale. Have no idea what a fair price would be. There is only a little over 12lbs. + a 4oz Jar of North Star Black frit.
I was just starting to play with Boro when I had to move to an apt. so no more melting glass. I didn't post a picture of the clear but there is just under a lb of large diameter clear rods, 14.oz of stringers and 5.8 oz of regular size clear rods. A little over 2.50 lbs of tubes, 2 sizes.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Colleen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Simbasmom; 2016-03-02 at 8:57pm. Reason: added to description
Old 2016-03-03, 3:13am
DaveK

Check out Mt or Glasscraft websites and average the different colors. Sell as a lot at $30-$50/lb depending on how fast you want to sell. I wouldn't sell separate colors individually if I were you. If you don't have luck here, try talkglass.com glassifieds or Facebook glass groups like Glassifieds. Good luck.

If you have a balcony to store your propane in your apt. and/or natural gas and a way to vent, you could get a oxygen concentrator, just an idea if you wanted to continue. I have seen lampworking setups in a 9X12 (maybe even smaller) bedroom. I do mean bedroom because he slept in there with his dog, kiln, torch & glass suplies. The dog slept under the kiln.
You can call me Dave 🎨

Last edited by KA; 2016-03-03 at 3:31am.
Old 2016-03-03, 5:48am
I fart diamonds

Shorts go for $20/lb.

Old 2016-03-03, 8:56am

Thank you both for the help. I will be listing it in the garage sale as a lot.

Old 2016-03-06, 2:12am
He can do the origami

If the glass in rod form is all Northstar, it looks like the middle rods are Serendipity. They look like odds, it sells for around $52 dollars a pound as odds and around $74 for firsts. It is around $20 dollars for seconds I think but I am not sure. Serendipity seconds wont sell for very much per pound.

Otter