No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-04-28, 8:38am
Storm Queen

Arrow Double Helix "Zephyr" Testing *New Non Reactive Clear*

A few of us were sent a sample of a non reactive clear that DH is working on. I thought I'd show the test beads I've done so far and see if anyone else has some to share as well.

I picked the two colors that Aether seems to react with the most for me and that's Triton and Clio.

This is Triton. Both beads were webbed, reduced and encased. Left side is Aether, right is Zephyr:

This is Clio. Both beads have silver foil, were reduced and encased. Left side is Aether, right is Zephyr. If you look at the top 1/4 of the beads you can see the difference the best. IRL the Aether bead is amber and the Zephyr bead is fuchsia. It's just not easy to see that in the photo.

Anybody else have any feedback?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-28, 8:50am

Those are beautiful. I really like that punch color set.
I am just wondering how much this clear will cost.

Old 2011-04-28, 8:52am
A True Woofer

WANT.

Old 2011-04-28, 8:55am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
I am just wondering how much this clear will cost.
At this point I think they are wanting feedback to see if there is enough interest to move forward with production.

Old 2011-04-28, 8:57am
Gimme that silver glass!

WANT, is it just as soft and perfectly clear as Aether Amy?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2011-04-28, 8:59am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
At this point I think they are wanting feedback to see if there is enough interest to move forward with production.
Seriously?

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-04-28, 8:59am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
WANT, is it just as soft and perfectly clear as Aether Amy?
Definitely as clear as Aether and maybe not quite as melty as it but close. Hopefully someone else that has tried it will chime in on the meltiness because I'm not sure I'm the best judge of that.

Old 2011-04-28, 9:00am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Seriously?
That's pretty much what I said.

Old 2011-04-28, 9:10am
Flaming Redhead!

Most definitely want! I'd love to have a clear that is somewhat stiffer than Aether and doesn't turn everything yellow.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2011-04-28, 9:11am
Gimme that silver glass!

Can't wait to try it on bigger beads too, to see if it melts just as smooth as Aether. This could just be the most perfect clear ever! Now let's just hope & pray that it's affordable !

Thanks Amy .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2011-04-28, 9:52am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

I had a little bit of scumming yesterday but then I realized the rod I was using had a scratch down it. But the scum went away during the final melt. I, too, have noticed that it allows the true color of the silver glass to come in. It also has less of tendency to turn silver foil yellow - which makes me very happy!

As far as viscosity, I love it!!! It melts very easily on my HotHead! YAY!

Old 2011-04-28, 9:57am

Yes Jed, there's enough interest, lol. Beautiful beads Amy, thanks for sharing. I hope DH moves forward with this soon, I've got a bin full of crappy clear glass from other manufacturers and I'm hesitant to buy anything but Aether nowadays.

Thanks for hearing us, Jed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Old 2011-04-28, 9:59am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Ohhh, this sound promising

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-04-28, 10:05am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish View Post
YI've got a bin full of crappy clear glass from other manufacturers and I'm hesitant to buy anything but Aether nowadays.

Thanks for hearing us, Jed!
You sound just like me. The only non reactive clear I have right now is Reichenbach and they're all 4mm rods which really annoy me so I don't even bothering using them except for dots. I need this glass.

Old 2011-04-28, 10:08am
novembersfyre everywhere

I'll buy it! I love, love, love Aether but I only use it on non-silver glass as I usually don't like the green cast it produces. I certainly could use a no-scum, soft, non-reactive clear that is usable over silver foil and silver glass.

Bring it on!

Old 2011-04-28, 11:10am
Live and Let Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
I'll buy it! I love, love, love Aether but I only use it on non-silver glass as I usually don't like the green cast it produces. I certainly could use a no-scum, soft, non-reactive clear that is usable over silver foil and silver glass.

Bring it on!
^^ Yes, this!!! ^^ So long as the price point is no worse than Aether. Even less would be a blessing!

Old 2011-04-28, 11:13am
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by javagirlbt View Post
want.
super want

~

Old 2011-04-28, 11:16am
sunscreen me baby

Has this been tested with regular 104 glass and silver?

~

Old 2011-04-28, 11:58am
Against the Grain

I tested it over Effetre light ivory, silver wire, dichroic, TAG Deep Purple, Striking Color, Ekho, Clio, and Aurae. No compatibility problems. I'm kind of embarassed to show this photo because these were quick and dirty test beads. The bead on the left is Aether over reduced Clio. The bead on the right is Zephyr over reduced Clio.

I found Zephyr to be a little bit stiffer than Aether, but still soft and easy to melt. I would definitely buy it.

Old 2011-04-28, 12:00pm
Dichro Addict

I'm very interested!!!

Old 2011-04-28, 12:07pm
Life is change. Love it

I am soooooooo interested!

Old 2011-04-28, 1:48pm
sunscreen me baby

Did the silver stay silver Lynn? no yellowish reaction?

~

Old 2011-04-28, 2:09pm
Born Facing Left

I'll buy it. Please.

Old 2011-04-28, 2:52pm
da General

It's slightly stiffer than Aether but melts like butter just like Aether. I will try to post pics tomorrow!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-04-28, 3:08pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Perfect if you don't want the Aether reactions with other silver glass I'd definitely be interested!!

Old 2011-04-28, 3:14pm
Mmmmm....Raku

I have a couple test beads to show. I picked the two colors that seem to be most affected by the Aether color change, Triton and Clio. Although I have to say that Aether is my all-time favorite clear and I hope they continue to produce it....But I'm really looking forward to them adding Zephyr to their line. Thank you so much, Jed and Julie!!

Love the way Zephyr melts with no scumming and the rods were flawless! Pardon the bad photo and the quick test beads, but I think this photo is worth a thousand words!

Here they are...... Clio (top) and Triton (bottom)
The left side of the center line is encased in Aether, and Zephyr is on the right.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator
Old 2011-04-28, 3:18pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Cool, Dawn. I'll be laying in wait for its debut...

I must say that I like Triton better encased in Aether, but then I'm in love with the color green.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-04-28, 3:21pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn >^..^< View Post
I have a couple test beads to show. I picked the two colors that seem to be most affected by the Aether color change, Triton and Clio. Although I have to say that Aether is my all-time favorite clear and I hope they continue to produce it....But I'm really looking forward to them adding Zephyr to their line. Thank you so much, Jed and Julie!!

Love the way Zephyr melts with no scumming and the rods were flawless! Pardon the bad photo and the quick test beads, but I think this photo is worth a thousand words!

Here they are...... Clio (top) and Triton (bottom)
The left side of the center line is encased in Aether, and Zephyr is on the right.

I love it! I do like the green but not all of the time! Zephyr will give us a choice.

Old 2011-04-28, 3:25pm
Mmmmm....Raku

I LOVE what Aether does with Triton...that gorgeous coppery green, and I even like the way it looks over Clio. Kind of a watermelon tourmaline effect.....BUT....I love the Blue Triton and the super pink Clio when using the Zephyr! It's nice to be able to choose what look you want just by changing the encasing glass.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator
Old 2011-04-28, 3:30pm
A True Woofer

*drool*

I'm in for a bunch of pounds.