AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2007-03-28, 7:30am

Mary, thank you so much for this tutorial! Yours are my favorite frogs and I've often wondered how you make them - and now I know (and it's not quite as complicated as I would have made it if I'd tried to reproduce the). Can't wait to make one - think I'll try it today!

And Suzanne, if those feet are crooked, I don't think I'll be posting my first attempts here! They look very good to me.

Last edited by KathyDinBC; 2007-03-28 at 9:44am.
Old 2007-03-28, 7:38am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks Kathy!

Everything in beadmaking is stripes, scrolls or dots...it's just how you layer them on that makes the look. If you can make stripes and dots and control your heat you can make anything.

These frogs are mostly stripes with 2 dots for the eyes and 12 for the toes. When you think of them that way, they aren't intimidating at all.

Good luck!
~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-03-28, 8:17am
Shine your bright side!

Fabulous tutorial, Mary.
I've never made a frog bead, I'll have to give it a go.

Website!
"When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it." - W. Clement Stone
Old 2007-03-28, 8:55am
On the flippity flop

Mary,

Your generous spirit shines through to you beads and that is a big part of the reason I am drawn to collect them!
Great tutorial, by the way.

Jeannette

P.S. I want your computer and photography skills when I grow up. And your beadmaking skills too! lol

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2007-03-28, 9:23am
In search of her path....

thats awesome mary thank you for sharing! I will have to try this soon.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2007-03-28, 9:48am

Wonderful tutorial! I like your frogs! Very well done. Thank you.

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2007-03-28, 9:51am
Nature Coast

Very generous Mary, you're a doll. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to giving this a try.

Old 2007-03-28, 10:35am
Who me?

Now that looks more like a frog than that other tut I've seen. Awesome thank, I'll have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.
Old 2007-03-28, 11:10am
Born Facing Left

I'm going to give this a try, thanks Mary! How generous and sweet of you to do this!

Old 2007-03-28, 9:18pm

Wow, Suzanne, those are great!

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2007-03-29, 7:11am
I fart diamonds

Those are awesome, suzanne!! My froggy feet are mangled.

This is Clubfoot Charlie:

Thanks for the tut Mary! I've always loved your frogs.

Old 2007-03-29, 7:30am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Clubfoot Charlie

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-03-29, 5:05pm
Word to your mother

Here are mine. I'm having the same problem with the feet.

This is one of the best tutorials ever offered. MEGA BANG for the buck.

Thanks Mary!!!
Attached Images

Old 2007-03-29, 8:27pm

Mary, you are awesome! And to all of you that have shared your first frogs ever, you rock. They look great.
Old 2007-03-30, 7:32am
Valparaíso - Chile

Thank you very much Mary for sharing your frog tutorial.
Ana María
Old 2007-03-30, 6:20pm

Wowowowowow-thank you!! 5 Stars!
Old 2007-03-30, 6:55pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Shawnette & Kendra your frogs are great.

#K58
Old 2007-03-31, 12:44pm

Thanks for your generous sharing, Mary! Does this mean another tut for the book? I tried a froggie (in the kiln), and I am going to call him "only a Mother could love" 'cause it will probably be hard to tell he's a frog, but i understand the process much better. The body is difficult to get to look right - the feet not as hard as I thought!
Old 2007-03-31, 12:54pm
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

Oh Mary you are so generous. yes as you said I tried the implosions actually loved them but no none of them ever turned into a bead that would overflow the bead market...lol
now I will give froggie a try, not only becouse they are cute but I used to have a toad . oh and then tentacles and then the world. I dont know but I sure appreciate the tutorials. For me that's like having a teacher right in your corner and best of all you can't hear me swear if it does'nt turn out right....

Katja
Old 2007-03-31, 4:53pm
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutti-frutti View Post
Oh Mary you are so generous. yes as you said I tried the implosions actually loved them but no none of them ever turned into a bead that would overflow the bead market...lol
now I will give froggie a try, not only becouse they are cute but I used to have a toad . oh and then tentacles and then the world. I dont know but I sure appreciate the tutorials. For me that's like having a teacher right in your corner and best of all you can't hear me swear if it does'nt turn out right....

Katja

LOL, and you can't hear me swear either. LOL

Old 2007-03-31, 4:54pm
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki B. View Post
Thanks for your generous sharing, Mary! Does this mean another tut for the book? I tried a froggie (in the kiln), and I am going to call him "only a Mother could love" 'cause it will probably be hard to tell he's a frog, but i understand the process much better. The body is difficult to get to look right - the feet not as hard as I thought!
Vicki, I've been thinking about your for DAYS.

I hope all is well with you and if you can share a pic of your little dude, please do.

Thanks to all you guys for posting your progress. It is very rewarding to see that.

Hugs.
~~Mary

Old 2007-03-31, 9:13pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Thanks so much Mary!! I made an orange and blue Dart frog!! My critters are always more cartoony than lifelike, so of course my frog has a smile. I will post pics tomorrow.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2007-03-31, 10:14pm

My first froggie, I shared my guy in the frog exchange thread, but since it is Moth's tut that showed me the way....

Here ya go....

Old 2007-04-01, 7:25am
I fart diamonds

Ok, here's attempt #2:

This is Charlie's little brother Crookedtoe Craig:

Getting better! The only time I've had to torch has been at work, so I only get to do one a day. Maybe I'll sneak in 2 today...

Old 2007-04-01, 3:52pm

Thank you so much for the tutorial Mary. It's very easy to follow.

Everyone's froggies are beautiful. I won't even show mine (well maybe...after I make my next attempt).....usually when I say a bead is ugly my 7 year old emphatically says "no it's not".

Well this morning I asked her if she wanted to see the frog she watched me make. She went up front and got it and came back with her face all screwed up and said "it is ugggleeee"

I made better beads before I added my second concentrator with my mini-CC so I'm figuring I have to get used to the extra heat, and I was using Moretti. I'll keep trying.

Shawnette I love the names of your froggie brothers...cracked me up. I love them.

Old 2007-04-01, 6:50pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Here's mine. I gave him a big bubble throat so I had room to make him smile. I wanted to do something different with the legs, but I didn't put the back feet where I wanted them so I'll try it next time.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2007-04-01, 6:57pm

He's purdy Gelly I like the poked hole toes. My daughter wanted me try again today.. I told her maybe tomorrow. DH said I was a chicken***t.

Old 2007-04-01, 7:05pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Thanks Sherry... I think he still needs to grow into his feet, lol! The stringer I used was too fat apparently.

Hahaa... don't be a chicken, try again!

Last edited by Gelly; 2007-04-02 at 6:58pm.
Old 2007-04-01, 8:37pm
I think I could be a bead

Default I posted this in the frog bead exchange, too

Thanks to your tutorial, I have improved. My small army of frogs has grown.

My skills have improved, I think.

And even though this guy's bead cracked, I like him, and I'll keep him as long as the glue holds!

Peace to all,
Mallory
Old 2007-04-02, 6:31am
Mary Lockwood

ADORABLE!!!!

You guys rock!!!

It doesn't take very many of these at all to get the swing of where to put the legs, how fat to make the stringers and get carried away with all you can do to these little guys.

Layers, dots, mixed colors, warts, bubble toes, murrini toes, different eyeballs. You will have a blast. I DO!

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more awesome frogs.

~~Mary