Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-12-27, 4:17pm
product of the universe

Silver strike3,rust red,blue lightening, i can't remember the others but one is a dual veil with a sparkle color as the center.

Dogmaw thanks for the feedback. I like how you showed the exposed end of the cane in the second pic. kinda like a wormhole. The cane vessels look good too. Bet that steel wool looks super nice in sunlight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-12-28, 8:55am
Satake Woman!

Yeah, the picture of the steel wool vessel doesn't come anywhere near to doing it justice. It is really more of a sparkly blue than the dark gray that shows in the picture.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-12-28, 7:57pm
Bust It Big

nice work dogmaw

Old 2009-01-04, 3:43pm
product of the universe

I would like to apologize to the people who i have sent these out to. I'm sorry i did not label the rods i feel bad for not keeping better track of what i used and not labeling em. In the future i'm gonna buy mail labels and label each rod so you know what your using.

I will be starting off fresh this year with colors that i'm familiar with and hope these become staple colors in the veiled cane line. I'm gonna put in a Northstar order this week for 4-5 colors (about 20-25 lbs) that i will be using exclusively for this cane.

Its always hard doing something new so i hope ya all can bear with me.

Here are some examples of how i plan on the labeling system to go.
V=veiled Dv=dual veil

So the labeling will look like this Example
V-silver strike 3
Dv-amber purple-lochness The name that is first will be the outer color and the second name will be the inner color.

I hope this will help out in the future and again sorry, after receiving some soft glass in trade that was all labeled i understand the importance of labeling.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-01-06, 12:51pm
Mandrel Slayer

I got mine in the mail yesterday. The rods are really smooth and consistent. Thanks for the samples of multi-colors. I can't wait to try them all out. Bring on the weekend.

Thanks Chris.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.

Last edited by playingwithfirebeads; 2009-01-06 at 8:39pm.
Old 2009-01-06, 4:43pm
product of the universe

Here is a list of the colors i ordered for the next run.
Dbl amber purple, caramel, Blue caramel, Mystery adventurine, Dk blue amber purple, and Alaskan thunder.

Currently using fire.