Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-11-24, 1:40pm
Formerly known as weasel

Default boro eyeball

I don't do boro, but my son has requested an eyeball! Do we have any talented boro masters here that can help me? Is it possible it could be put on a necklace of somesort too, and in time for Christmas? Hoping that there is someone and that the prices are not to high....Unemployed but have some money from my bead sales. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-11-24, 1:43pm
Pyromaniac

Here's a link to a thread on this topic:

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171057

You could message Chris or if down under is too far maybe someone else will help you.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2010-11-24, 2:56pm
He can do the origami

You can do eyeballs in 104 also, easy peasy.
Old 2010-11-24, 7:01pm
Borovangelist

I finally got my eyeball mojo back

It helps to use the right color of glass.

Name:  tripleEye.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  53.8 KB

|
|
Old 2010-11-24, 7:33pm
Formerly known as weasel

How can I do it in 104? Is there a tutorial that I can learn from? What are the right colors of glass? that is a tease!!!!
I know he really wants boro, but maybe he would be happy if I can make it for him!

Old 2010-11-24, 7:57pm
Borovangelist

Well....in my case it was using black instead of dark plum for the iris. They look an awful lot alike when on your bench when seen through shade 5 lenses That was a wretched week.

Have a look down the thread list a little ways in the eyeball thread, there are a some directions in there along with some inspiration.

If it absolutely doesn't entice you, get in touch

You can certainly do them in 104, you might just want to do them a tad smaller

|
|
Old 2010-11-24, 8:00pm

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...ght=pipyr+eye*

Check out Pipyr's work.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2010-11-24, 8:33pm
put a bird on it

Here is one for soft glass...
http://jane.walkerillustration.com/w..._doll_eyes.htm
Old 2010-11-25, 6:43am
Pyromaniac

I haven't made any eyes from this tutorial but it looks surprisingly easy considering the fantastic results. I think you could use a silver soft glass for the iris and get similar results.

Here's the tut link again. You have to sign up for the melting pot to see it though:
http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30526

Old 2010-11-25, 12:50pm
Pyromaniac

He posted it here too, Lana.... http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=151357

No need to register for a new board if you don't want to.

It was also in the Flow magazine, in a slightly different form, speaking of which I need to take some pictures, been avoiding that until I can have a permanent photo setup... such a hassle to break everything back down...

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2010-12-02, 7:11am
Pyromaniac

Chris, Thanks for posted that link, I couldn't find it for some reason!

Old 2010-12-05, 9:27pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

here is one I did in Soft glass. I love making these!
Name:  120410152816.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  28.4 KB

Name:  120410152642.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  31.4 KB