No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-11-26, 10:01am
Just Getting Started

Question Who Makes Silver Brown?

I Have seen such gorgeous samples of it that I am compelled to buy some. Who makes it?
Old 2010-11-26, 10:03am
Flaming Redhead!

Reichenbach...http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...D=121&pID=1784

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2010-11-26, 10:36am

You can get the glass at Artistry in Glass for about $10 (Canadian) for 1/4 pound
http://www.artistryinglass.on.ca/sto...4de71005993d73
Old 2010-11-26, 2:15pm
I like to melt things

... unless the Silver Brown you are looking for is the Kugler one, which is B181A and used to be called Silver Cinnamon.

In which case, you can still pick it up at Artistry in Glass, or other places.

It'd be nice if all of the manufacturers ensured they didn't duplicate existing names, but we don't live in that world.

The Reichenbach Silver Brown is the transparent reducing silver-glass one
The Kugler Silver Brown is the yummy reacts-with-ivory-and-is-beautiful-with-silver-glass one

-
-
Old 2010-11-26, 2:35pm
Formerly known as weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenone View Post
... unless the Silver Brown you are looking for is the Kugler one, which is B181A and used to be called Silver Cinnamon.

In which case, you can still pick it up at Artistry in Glass, or other places.

It'd be nice if all of the manufacturers ensured they didn't duplicate existing names, but we don't live in that world.

The Reichenbach Silver Brown is the transparent reducing silver-glass one
The Kugler Silver Brown is the yummy reacts-with-ivory-and-is-beautiful-with-silver-glass one
May I an email address for this company artistry in Glass please

Old 2010-11-26, 3:55pm
Just Getting Started

Thank you--I believe I have a rod or two of the silver cinnamon, so I will try the Reichenbach one!
Old 2010-11-26, 4:33pm
Queen Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsey View Post
May I an email address for this company artistry in Glass please
It's right in google? - www.artistryinglass

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2010-11-26, 11:55pm
I like to melt things

If you're in the US, you will want to order your Reichenbach glass from Olympic Color Rods (www.glasscolor.com) or some other supplier in the US. I love Olympic Color Rods.

I buy my Kugler from Hot Glass Color (www.hotglasscolor.com) when I go to Seattle to drool at the Reichenbach colours because they aren't far from Olympic.

I don't buy either of these brands when I order from Artistry in Glass (www.artistryinglass.on.ca) because I find that their prices, while really good on other things, are really too high for Kugler and Reichenbach for me to justify it. I like Artistry in Glass when I'm buying tools, or when I am buying CiM, Vetrofond or Effetre though. But then, again, if I were in the US I'd probably just buy everything from Frantz, FlameDame or some other US vendor.

-
-