LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-11-28, 6:31am

Hobby Lobby sells the tubes. I don't remember what size on the tube. Mine is still pack from our move to the new house. Glad you like the idea and it helps.
I made one with a real pretty pink wire and put silver colored beads on it, for my granddaughter since Pink is her favorite color. Her teenage friends started wanting their own colors. Sold alot of them.
Happy Holidays
Janet

ETA; I found the size Wilton tube it's a size 4.

Last edited by Janetlee; 2010-12-02 at 7:38pm. Reason: add size of wilton tube
Old 2010-12-06, 12:22pm
Formerly known as weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by erose View Post
I'd be happy to send you some frit - just pm me your address. You didn't mention your circumstances and I thought you might have some frit on hand, maybe even in the right colors.

I think at this time of year you have to give people a little extra time to respond to a post because lots of people are busy with family, cooking, shopping, etc. It's not because people have forgotten you, people are always happy to help whether you are an old timer or new to lampwork.
Elizabeth....Thank you so very much for the Christmas frit. I used it this weekend nd made cute earring dangles fro the frit. thank you for being so helpful, especially this time of year. Ma you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season
Wilma

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-12-06, 5:34pm
Glass-aholic

Hey wilma I made simple christmas tree earrings the other day, and they have been a big hit. I just made a green cone, added a twisties, or some dots, and when you put it together use a seed bead for the bottom of the bead. I had some star beads I added for the top of the tree, but it did not need it. I made 2 green pairs and one pair that was more purple and blue. For those who do not want to scream red and green christmas, lol. on one pair I used a knife to swirl a notch up the cone and give it some character. They were a GREAT hit! Sorry they are packed in the car, or I would take a pic. I will have them out wed. night and will try and remember to take a pic. here is a drawing. remember it is a cone, a 3-d tree.

I drew the mandrel line for reference, and the brown spot would be a seed bead when you go and put it together.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2010-12-06 at 5:42pm.
Old 2010-12-07, 9:38am
Formerly known as weasel

Oh I would love to see a picture. I am so thrilled that I got so many, many ideas here. I have been torching like a demon and having a grand time with the suggestions. So thank you everyone and I hope you all have a Happy Holiday Season