No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-11-29, 1:27pm
Sandi

Default Bead Release Recommendation

I have been out of the lampworking arena for about a year now and am ready to get back in it. I see that Bucket O'Mud is no longer being made - it was my hands down favorite. I have no clue what to use now...any recommendations? I just want to make normal sized beads - no large mandrel stuff.

Thanks,
Sandi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-29, 1:56pm
Hobby Junkie

I'm a Fusion fan. I work both 104 and boro. 1/16" rods to 1/4" rods. Never had any issues with Fusion. Sometimes I thin it, sometimes I use it thick. It flame dries like a dream and releases easily once your mandrel is cool. To clean my beads, I just rub them up and down the mandrel (or spin them) a couple of times under water and they are 95% clean.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-11-29, 2:01pm
Sarah Jane's grandma

I loved Bucket O'Mud too! I am now using Fusion, and I really do like it. You can flame dry it, and that's important to me. I've had great results with it and am almost thinking I like it better than Bucket O'Mud.

Old 2010-11-29, 6:00pm
Sandi

Thanks to both of you...guess I'll give it a try.

Old 2010-11-30, 7:54am
Peerless Thread Killer

Dip and Go Sludge. Really great stuff. I used to use BOM and didn't like it for a variety of reasons, then I tried Sludge and never looked back.

Old 2010-11-30, 11:56am
Formerly known as weasel

Can I please ask for a web site for fusion. I to was a hands dow bucket of mud user, would not use anything else. why was production stopped?

Old 2010-11-30, 12:02pm
Resident hippie

Long story Wilma. You can find threads here if you search though.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2010-11-30, 3:32pm
Sandi

It looks like Frantz sells the fusion.

Old 2010-11-30, 6:43pm
Redbearmountain

I have tried about every bead release and fusion is the best I have found. You can buy it at www.frantzartglass.com
Old 2010-11-30, 7:37pm

Fusion here, too.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-11-30, 9:33pm

I use Sludge Plus. I've tried it, Alice's, and Zappz, and it's the only of the three that was tolerable. It can be hard to get the bead off the mandrel, but almost never fails.
Old 2010-12-02, 12:06pm
Formerly known as weasel

Thanks guys for the link... off to get some fusion. To tired to search the threads about BOM, just sorry it is not made anymore.