Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2013-10-07, 10:47am
Etched Metal Rocks...

Default Color Me This Kit Packs with Tutorial!

You can save 20% on one of the new Color Me This Kits with the coupon code at the end of my article in Bead Chat Magazine. It's good until October 31st.

Each of the 4 kits contains the full tutorial that is excerpted in the magazine along with all the tools to get started including etched metal and components, patinas, etc. I have lacquer versions for US purchase and non-lacquer versions for international purchase.

If you don't want to read the article/magazine, you can use this Etsy Coupon Code in October: TAKE20 for 20% off your order (anything in the store).

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AZ Joolz; 2013-10-15 at 11:50am.
Old 2013-10-15, 11:50am
Etched Metal Rocks...

The coupon code is good for anything in the store!

Old 2013-10-15, 12:04pm
Administrator

Lisa's patinas are awesome! They are easy to use and the colors turn out great. A little goes a long way, so a pack of the patinas can cover a lot of metal.

Old 2013-10-15, 1:33pm
Melody of Glass

Lisa, I notice the lacquers can't ship out of the US. Are there lacquers that you recommend that I can get up here?

This is an intriguing offer!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-10-15, 2:07pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

Since they are aerosol, I can't ship them out of the US...so I have kits that have everything but the lacquers, as well as the other patinas. There is a vendor in Canada that is supposed to carry ClearGuard and Permalac but they've been a it hard to reach in the past. If you are planning to use the patinas on finished components, like Vintaj elements, etc., you can use Duracoat products that the hobby stores sell. some designers have had luck with Rustoleum spray.

If you are going to be cutting/doming/sawing and generally working metal, I'm still looking for a replacement that allows you to do the coloring first and the metal working after (other than soldering, which has to be done before coloring/sealing.)

I'll check with the one source I had found in canada and post the phone/website again.

thanks.

lisa
Quote:
Lisa, I notice the lacquers can't ship out of the US. Are there lacquers that you recommend that I can get up here?

This is an intriguing offer!

Old 2013-10-15, 8:44pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

PermaLac Supplier in Canada

You might try calling them

Sculpture Supply Canada
345 Munster Ave.
Toronto, Ontario Canada M8Z 3C6
416-234-1075

Old 2013-10-15, 8:47pm
Melody of Glass

Thanks Lisa!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-10-15, 9:01pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

No problem!

Old 2013-10-26, 10:11am
Etched Metal Rocks...

Still time left to save 20%!
Here's a sample page from the tutorial
Attached Images

Old 2013-10-28, 11:27am
Etched Metal Rocks...

Melody,
Someone said they've had good luck with PYM II spray lacquer. I just got some and am testing it. Here's a link of where they carry it in Canada

Old 2013-11-15, 4:45pm
Melody of Glass

Got my kit yesterday. Can't wait to try it out!

I did find Permalac here as well, Lisa. Thanks! I picked some up last weekend in Toronto.

Can I just say that Lisa is a master packer? All the stuff you see in the kit photos (except the Permalac) was packed into the tiniest box ever. It was like Tetris in there. I have no idea how she did it.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-11-15, 4:55pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

Glad it arrived and that you found the lacquer!

I got lucky that I have those boxes and everything is either flat or squishy.

Quote:
Got my kit yesterday. Can't wait to try it out!

I did find Permalac here as well, Lisa. Thanks! I picked some up last weekend in Toronto.

Can I just say that Lisa is a master packer? All the stuff you see in the kit photos (except the Permalac) was packed into the tiniest box ever. It was like Tetris in there. I have no idea how she did it.