Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2009-01-23, 10:55am
Pattyglass

I am seeing some that did not receive a book in Canada........please email me and let me know the details so we can get one out to you.
patty@lvmanagement.com.
The show is looking great... can't wait to see you all and meet all the new people who have joined us!!!
Old 2009-01-25, 8:18pm

I would love to go... I haven't been there for a few years!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-01-25, 10:57pm
JulieV

Emailed you Patty, with some info. Thank you for the quick response to this thread.

Old 2009-01-28, 11:18am
Pattyglass

Does everyone know about the International Hot Glass Invitational that Glass Craft & Bead Expo will present for 2009?
Check out the website www.internationalglassinvitational.com...
Love to see you all there!
Old 2009-01-30, 5:03am
JulieV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyglass View Post
Does everyone know about the International Hot Glass Invitational that Glass Craft & Bead Expo will present for 2009?
I'm really considering it. Just hedging a bit cuz usually when I'm done class, I'm pretty wiped out. I plan on waiting to see how tired I am and if I'm still full of piss and vinigar, I'll buy tickets 'at the door', so to speak.
BTW Patty, thank you for the email regarding the book! I'm sending in my entry forms for the gallery of excellence today.

Old 2009-01-30, 6:29am

I am going to be there to. Not for a long period unfortunately. We arrive on Wednesday the first of April and we leave on Saturday. Hope to meet you all in Vegas.

|
Old 2009-03-04, 8:15am

Hey,

Well, the show is getting closer.

I just found out that CBS - Coatings by Sandberg - is being so very generous as usual to my students.

We will have some of the latest dichro to work with in my Dichro & Metals class...on Fri & Sat - including the newest and fab - dichro on copper....

So, there are a few seats open in this class - a great opportunity to check out some wonderful new materials.

Any questions, please let me know.

Lisa
Old 2009-03-07, 9:28pm

I'm looking forward to meeting other LE members at the show. Do they ever host any kind of get together? This is the first one I've attended so I don't really know what to expect.
Old 2009-03-09, 12:07pm

Last year a bunch of us got together for dinner. It was fun to meet folks.

Anyone interested in doing it again?

Lisa
Old 2009-03-11, 6:26am
JulieV

I'll go. Last year we all just met at the buffet. Wonder if we should do that again.

Old 2009-03-11, 12:08pm
Cats & Glass!

What night did you get together?

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-03-11, 2:03pm
JulieV

Last year? I can't remember.

Old 2009-03-12, 6:23pm

Hi everyone, My DW and I will be there. It is our first year for this. We'll be arriving 3/31 and staying till 4/6. This is also our first trip to Vegas. If you folks have a get together, please let me know and we will try and make it. Some friends of ours from LA are driving up for the weekend.

Greg
Old 2009-03-13, 8:30pm
Chrissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyglass View Post
hi patty....I'm going to Friday nights glass invitational...Can't wait.

Old 2009-03-18, 9:17pm

Anyone taking Leah's class on Wed/Thurs? I am, and can't wait.
Carmen
Old 2009-03-19, 10:08pm
Cats & Glass!

Two weeks to the bazaar! Yay!

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-03-20, 6:33am

OY - so happy to see you all, SO sure that I should be making beads, not surfing!

I think I still have a little space in a class or two, and I would love to see the LE-ers who are coming. I'll also be in my booth with SCHERMO on Friday (and around some of the rest of the time too....). I fly there in a week......Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2009-03-20, 1:03pm
Eugene Glass School

Come see Eugene Glass School at the Glass Craft & Bead Expo and Team Eugene Glass School at the International Hot Glass Invitational. GO TEAM EGS!

Register for classes at the show and get a free Eugene Glass School membership ($100 value).

www.eugeneglassschool.org
Old 2009-03-21, 1:03pm
boro color bender

It's coming up quick! I'm in crunch time and making some really fun stuff! I love the week before a show. I work best under pressure! Can't wait to see you all!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-03-21, 1:51pm
JulieV

Doesn't look like there'll be a supper this year Brent, so see ya up at your booth.

Old 2009-03-21, 8:41pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
OY - so happy to see you all, SO sure that I should be making beads, not surfing!

I think I still have a little space in a class or two, and I would love to see the LE-ers who are coming. I'll also be in my booth with SCHERMO on Friday (and around some of the rest of the time too....). I fly there in a week......Jeri

One of my lampworker friends and I got the last 2 spots in your Thursday class. I'm a rank amateur, but she's better. I've got a GTT Cricket, but have not gotten it hooked up yet...still working on my HH. I'm sooo looking forward to learning how to do SOMETHING right in managing heat and control. lol Less than 2 weeks now!!!
Old 2009-03-22, 8:49pm
HourGlass Studio

So will there be a LE get together ???? We really shoul dplan one evening for some drinks and visits.

Old 2009-03-23, 10:30am
Cats & Glass!

I've got Friday and Sat night open - I know I should be at the invitational but I think I'll be tired and ready for some good conversation!

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-03-23, 12:38pm
HourGlass Studio

Janelle I could do the Fri or Sat (3/4th).

Old 2009-03-23, 4:36pm
Cats & Glass!

Either one works! We should pick a night and place and announce it and whoever comes, comes.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-03-24, 8:04pm

I have evening classes each night. I do figure I'm likely to be found in the hotel lobby or lounge after class though. I'm looking forward to meeting other LEers. 7 days and counting!
Old 2009-03-27, 5:33am

Talking Free Shuttle from airport to South Point

Hey Folks,

Just a reminder - esp. to those coming to the show for the first time.....there is a FREE shuttle from the airport to the South Point Hotel - BUT you must call and make a reservation.

Ask directions about where to meet the shuttle when you call...it is a little hard to find and no one at the airport seems to ever know.

See ya there,

Lisa
Old 2009-03-27, 6:07am
JulieV

This will be my third time at this show but I forgot the last shuttle leaves for the Southpoint at 9:30 pm. Although I did reserve a spot just in case, I really doubt I'll make there in time! See ya'll in a few days.

Old 2009-03-27, 8:16am

Thanks for the info on the shuttle. This will be my first time for the show and for Las Vegas, too. I'll make my reservation today.
Old 2009-03-27, 2:53pm
boro color bender

Do we call the hotel or is there a special number for the shuttle? Anybody mind posting it?

Thanks...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley