TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2009-04-13, 5:10pm
Formerly Sassygirl

Fantastic idea I am running out to get supplies as we speak thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-04-21, 5:22am

Fabulous idea! I am off to see if my cigar store has a few boxes....I hope so.

Anne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-04-27, 1:00pm
Burning Fingers!

I was given a bunch of cigar boxes - so went out today and purchased the supplies. It worked like a dream - thanks so much for this information. Now the dining room table can go back to being eaten on instead of a repository for all my loose beads. LOL

/
/
/

Old 2010-03-24, 7:06pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I am sorry I didn't read your question sooner.

I have cut the tops off the canvas and if you are not going to travel with them it works great you only need to cut off one side to get them in and out easily. Since I travel with mine I always leave both sides on. The boxes I am taking to shows I am seriously thinking of cutting off the tops on the one side and putting a small wrap of glass on the mandrel near the end of the other side so when you pick up the mandrel from the cut side of the box they don't all fall off the mandrel at the other end. Does this make any sense???

When I do this I will take photos so it is clear.

Old 2010-03-24, 7:14pm
Glass-aholic

Oh I have done this almost exactly the same!! IT WORKS GREAT!

I have also "cheated" and used thick craft foam thingeys (the ones that come in th size of a sheet of paper) instead of the plastic mesh. I slotted it with a knife, or scissors or something (easy)... that was good too! It kept the mandrels snug.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2010-03-24, 7:35pm
picking Job's Tears

Thanks Tracy!
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2010-03-26, 1:18pm

Tracy...try using a small o-ring on the end of the mandrel. Quicker and easier than glass-
Old 2010-03-30, 12:11pm

With the pandora size holes that o rings are useless but they do work great for smaller holed beads.

Old 2010-03-30, 7:20pm
Living out Loud

I had seen this but I lost the link. Thanks so much!!!!

Old 2010-04-18, 9:51pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, Tracy....I've looked at this bunches but now I'll finally get a chance to give it a try! Just bought the cutest wooden cigar boxes from Garage Sale! They even have stogie-toting little BATS on the lids! Right up my alley!

I wonder if anyone has photos of how their use of this tutorial worked out for them? I'd love to see some more examples/applications!

Thanks!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-04-20, 5:23pm

Come on folks post the photos of your boxes, I would also love to see them.

Old 2010-04-30, 6:45am
Sparkle Strumpet

Thank you! I'm going to use this on my trays....I have more trays than boxes.

Excellent idea and most kind of you to share!

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith