Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2019-01-29, 12:18pm

Default NEW Effetre color Frantz Art Glass!

Hi all,

We just received our restock shipment and along with that we ordered 3 colors that we have not carried previously,
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

We also received a new color from Effetre, we named it
as it's a beautiful blend of dark grays/blackish to a golden ivory...well, here is a picture, always better than words!

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2019-01-29 at 1:56pm.
Old 2019-01-29, 7:15pm

I made this! So easy to use.

The Torch Website:

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2019-01-29 at 7:17pm.
Old 2019-03-05, 8:19pm
Naysayer

Mike, mine is browns and greys, no black or ivory. It's cool, but was hoping for black and some ivory. The rods and beads look like Avorio petroleum except without the petroleum of course.
Old 2019-03-06, 6:42pm

Quote:
Mike, mine is browns and greys, no black or ivory. It's cool, but was hoping for black and some ivory. The rods and beads look like Avorio petroleum except without the petroleum of course.
I am having a small Demo event on Friday and I will have two good artists give it a try. This is the first I have heard of this problem, we will test and get back to you.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2019-03-09, 12:27pm
Naysayer

I look forward to the results. I'd like to think I'm a good artist according to my sales and winning a few of your contests back in the day

I worked with it again, used 2 rods, they're brown and gray with a little (very little) black. The rods are gray striped. Not sure if its mismarked or what. Like said it's cool, especially the paddle I made, but when you make a bead it muds up and looks like sediment or more so, avorio petroleum without green.

Will try pics.
Old 2019-03-11, 12:48pm
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

Any results? Checking back cause it's a pretty color and I was going to grab some, lol.
Old 2019-03-13, 5:00pm

Default Black Marble

Quote:
Any results? Checking back cause it's a pretty color and I was going to grab some, lol.
Hello, on Friday we had a snowstorm, few people showed up and of course I totally forgot to have my demo ladies test the glass, I have reached out to an artist who has made sample beads for me using that color and I will let everyone know what she has to say.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2019-03-13, 5:38pm

Default Black Marble

My tester comments about Black Marble below

Mine are mostly solid charcoal marble, not much brown or ivory in the finished bead. The black spreads and marbles the more you heat it... it takes over the lesser ivory and butterscotch tones.

My bead that I made and posted on this thread seemed nice.

I have contacted Effetre and asked if there is other tonalities of this color.

Once I get an answer from Effetre, I will post it here.

I will try to duplicate what my photo looks like.

My question is would you be happy if you got the same results that I got?

Thanks for your question.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2019-03-14, 9:10am

Quote:
My tester comments about Black Marble below

Mine are mostly solid charcoal marble, not much brown or ivory in the finished bead. The black spreads and marbles the more you heat it... it takes over the lesser ivory and butterscotch tones.

My bead that I made and posted on this thread seemed nice.

I have contacted Effetre and asked if there is other tonalities of this color.

Once I get an answer from Effetre, I will post it here.

I will try to duplicate what my photo looks like.

My question is would you be happy if you got the same results that I got?

Thanks for your question.

Mike
I would be happy, that's what attracted me. I was planning to order, based on your bead. It almost looks like Black Metallic mixed with ivory, does it shine up at all?
Old 2019-03-14, 11:47am
Naysayer

I'd like glass like your bead as well, black and ivory, we have a lot like the brown/gray. I found opposite of your tester, it gets more brown the more you cook, very dark almost black. There is almost no ivory in my batch. I'll post a pic soon.
Old 2019-03-14, 7:42pm

Default Black Marble

I have communicated with Effetre and they will be looking for some lighter rods, perhaps a different production date might give us a different tonality.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2019-04-15, 6:57am

I just bought some of these rods, and am waiting for delivery. I hope they turn out like the original picture - black, grey and ivory. I’ll look forward to reading what your testers’ results are, and of course trying it myself.
Old 2019-04-15, 12:28pm

Default Black Marble

I think my bead came out nice is because I did not spend much time in the torch shaping it. It seems the more it is worked, the less it will look like my photo.

For this reason I will not be getting a restock on this color at this time.

I still want to get back on the torch and try again.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2019-04-15, 3:06pm

I found that, too. The longer I went, the muddier it got, and the less ivory showed. Ah well, it should make great bear fur or something for the sculptors.