No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-10-26, 9:01am
Meg*

Hey Jaci,

Just checked out your website. You make all of those beads with your HH? With the way things are I will probably just start with the HH and then we will see. I am going to keep my eye peeled for any other good deals. Thanks Jaci for your input. It is greatly appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Stuff 3/23
Old 2007-10-26, 9:19am
Missing presumed fed

If you want your socks blown off by what can be done on a HotHead, take a look at Holly Cooper's work. Her website's a work in progress at the moment, but there are some pictures in the Gallery under "Thera" and some pictures in the "new beads."

www.hollycooper.com
Old 2007-10-26, 9:38am
Meg*

WOW!! okay I am sold! HH for me! Do you guys have any suppliers that you really like to use that you could suggest to use that are reasonable?

New Stuff 3/23

Last edited by loverofclay; 2007-10-26 at 9:41am.
Old 2007-10-26, 10:48am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
However, at $35 for the torch, it's not a bad idea to get started with. You will need the same safety equipment for a hot head that you will need with any other torch, though.
With all the set up recommendation, safety isn't mentioned much. Don't forget that you need good ventilation no matter which torch you decide to go with. Using a HH with a fan and opened windows is only a temporary solution - if you are serious about melting glass, then sooner or later (better sooner), you will need a hood with a real ventilation and intake air, etc. etc. The Safety section of LE has lots of information on that.

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-10-27, 7:38pm
Fire Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
If you want your socks blown off by what can be done on a HotHead, take a look at Holly Cooper's work. Her website's a work in progress at the moment, but there are some pictures in the Gallery under "Thera" and some pictures in the "new beads."

www.hollycooper.com
I almost choked when I saw this!
I was going to recommend the HH myself but Emily beat me to it!
Thanks Emily

ETA: I've been using a HH for 5 years

Old 2007-10-28, 9:40pm
Meg*

Thanks Holly. Emily had pretty much made my decision for me but after looking at your website it really made the point to me. Thank you for sharing your art and comments with me.

New Stuff 3/23
Old 2007-10-29, 9:09am

Nikki of NLC Beads http://www.nlcbeads.com also uses a Hot Head for al her beads. She even does boro on it sometimes!

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-10-29, 11:55am
Meg*

WOW. I didn't know that Nikki made all those cool little creatures on a HH!!! Now I am really excited about getting a HH!!!

Thanks!

New Stuff 3/23
Old 2007-10-29, 4:31pm

Thanks, Paul - I love my HH, been using it for 4.5 years and the only thing that's made me consider switching is bigger boro.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon