No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-10-06, 4:42pm

Beads #133 are 27 teal, 266 opal yellow, 66 intense black and 255 silvered plum
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-10-06, 4:43pm

Beads #134 are 432 red, 64 black and 246 light gray
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:43pm

Beads #135 are 456 rubiano and 418 pastel yellow butter
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:44pm

Beads # 136 are Powder pink base 262, 456 rubiano - reduced. Be careful to NOT over reduce...lol... like I did on the bead at the right!
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:44pm

Beads # 137 are Tr. Pale Pink 68 as a base, pink opaque 260 with white 214 and 456 rubiano decorations. Don't put 260 opaque pink as a base - looks bad! like the bead on the left - mistake!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:45pm

Beads # 138 are 232 turquoise, 248 light gray and 448 dark brown decorations.
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:46pm

I started making marbles for the combinations of colors - I felt it didn't really matter if it was a bead or a marble, it's the way the glass turns out that counts...lol

Marble #139 is: base 204 white, with 81 tr. lavender over 66 intense black.
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:46pm

Marble #140 is: 204 white base with 64 black, 254 EDP and 219 copper green. Try using a BIG reducing flame for a short time then go back when cooled a bit with an oxy flame to tint the colors to your liking.
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:47pm

Marbles #141 is: 64 black base, 84 Tr, gray and 252 opaque gray. I really liked how the opaque gray mixed with the black and the transparent covered it nicely.
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:47pm

Marble #142 is: a Leopard Marble! Start with ivory #264 (you could start with white #204 also). Then NOT in a pattern, place #448 dark brown AND #444 light brown
dots randomly all over the base making sure you leave some of the ivory #264 (or white #204) showing. Then encase the entire marble (bead) in #12 transparent amber. Be careful NOT to bubble/burn this encasing layer.
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:48pm

Marble #143 is 64 black base, 258 tongue pink and 420 coral.
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:49pm

Marble #144 is a flower color combination. 44 dk. amethyst base, handmade twisty greens stringer for vines, 204 white dots, 22 medium green, 204 white dots again, 69 yellow, poke the centers and 004 clear encasing.
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:49pm

Marble #145 is: White 204 mixed with dark pastel Pink 256, let cool then reheat until glowing, the add 456 rubiano - be careful, it's rubiano - work it OUT in the flame where it is a bit cooler to TRY and not burn it!
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:50pm

Marbles #146: Here I am trying to get a good pink.

So, this marble has 4 attempts (A,B,C,D) inside the implosion and I tried a 5th (E) on the bottom of the marble.

Do the glass and pull into a stringer, then decorate your work: make sure you mix fully when mixing before pulling into your stringer.
#146A = white 204 encased in 456 rubiano
#146B = 1 part 204 white mixed with 2 parts 456 rubiano
#146C = 1 part light pink 260 mixed with 2 parts 456 rubiano
#146D = 1 part 532 oplino and 2 parts 456 rubiano
#146E = 1 part oplino 532, 3 parts black 64 (stripe these equally in 3rds) and 3 parts 465 rubiano
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 4:51pm

So, there you go for now - 146 color combinations for you to look at and maybe try for yourself. I hope you like this thread and I plan on adding to it too.

Old 2009-10-06, 5:14pm

Correction on this post - oops!

Beads #57 are 34 aqua, 214 nile green and black 64
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 5:19pm

Correction of bead set #58

Beads #58 are orange 72 and 404 yellow
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 5:21pm

Correction of bead set #59 - I am trying not to make errors - really I am...lol

Beads #59 are 328 yellow amber and 254 purple Beads #60 are 264 ivory, 219 copper green and clear 04 encasing
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 6:06pm
Eyes upon the horizon

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of those here for us! (Not to mention the original time to make the beads and take/edit the pics.) This thread is very inspiring. I look forward to seeing other color combos you have in mind.. if and when you have time, of course.

Old 2009-10-06, 10:36pm

Rich,

I remember seeing this over there sometime when I first started almost 2 years ago.

I enjoyed checking out the color combination's...as a matter of fact.. I tried a few!
Old 2009-10-07, 6:58am

Totally cool - please try more!

Old 2009-10-28, 11:09am

Rich,
I've seen you on these threads for a couple of years now.
You've always been so kind and giving. Thanks so much! You're like...
Hey...
I DO believe in Santa...I DO believe in Santa....I DO believe in Santa...
Pamela
Old 2009-12-31, 4:00pm

Cool thread, Can't wait to see more.
thanks for all the work you've done.
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com
Old 2010-01-13, 10:24am

The time that this must have taken!!! Your generosity warmed my cold ohio heart (14 degree F cold). You rock, Rich!!!!

"She said she cried at least once a day, not because she was sad, but because the world is so beautiful and life is so short" Brian Andreas
Old 2010-05-15, 12:27pm

Amazing! I have been working out color combos for the 2 years I have been working with glass, but your color combinations are over the top! Thank you for your hard work and your willingness to share!

Old 2010-06-29, 2:30pm
Favorite color is shiny

I can't tell you how much this helps me. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the combinations of colors, their reaction to each other and let's not talk about reducing, striking etc etc.

Thanks Rich for putting in all this hard work and THEN posting it for all of us here on LE...newbies included.

(I'm excited, I feel like I have a bit of direction now)

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2010-07-26, 10:22am

Thanks you guys and all I can hope for is that people actually use my color thread.

Old 2010-07-26, 2:56pm

So Awesome...thank you...
Old 2011-02-28, 9:29pm
Melts Under Fire

Wow, I just found this thread and it will really help me to pick colors that look good. Thanks for all your hard work!

Old 2011-02-28, 11:21pm

Wow. Thats really cool. Someone will have to do this with boro. Possibly me.

I think Rich is just trying to get to 1000 posts!