Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-01-09, 12:33pm
Torchaholic ;)

WOW love all the work this month, super awesome work everyone!!!

Here are some new things from Katy Texas!

Played with Alien Tech rod, and I love it!!! A new style louts,

and also My 1st heart after watching mr smileys dvd
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-01-09, 6:57pm

Beautiful show ya'all. Here's a couple experiments from me. Big tiny little shells;

Old 2011-01-10, 10:31am
Borosapien

Thank you for the compliments i am practicing butterfly's

Old 2011-01-10, 2:19pm
Torchaholic ;)

WOW great Shells!! and Cool Butterflies

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2011-01-11, 12:30am

I love the purple butterfly.
Old 2011-01-11, 8:37pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Great S&T everyone! As per usual I might add
I have just a lowly vortex pendant, but I like it, and have another one in the kiln.
I WILL get the hang of these yes...yes I will!
Hugs,
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2011-01-11, 8:45pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
Happy New Year everyone, nice to know yer all addicts who can't stay out of the workshop! Well, takes one to know one, so here's a newie for '11

WOW is right Wickedglass...that is fabulous!!

Love the marbles and beads sets, and shells I saw too.

Too many to remember and comment on each one, but I want to be like you guys when I grow up!
------------------------------

Said I'd post the ornaments (small) I tried to make. I know its late but hey...

Had some trouble holding them without a hot fingers or hemo large enough. Haven't tried any more since the blow tube got here. PPP

~
~
~
~
Old 2011-01-12, 8:39pm

Nice Job Everybody !

A marble from me

and a heart
Old 2011-01-14, 6:42am

Great Work Everyone!
My 3rd and 4th sculptures in Boro - I have tons of questions!

Old 2011-01-14, 7:14am

Where has you been hiding, Janet.

They are gorgeous. Please show more!!

Old 2011-01-14, 7:53am

I love that marble! I wish I knew how to do the different colors on the petals.
And Janet, wow. The turtle is my favorite. I don't know why you would have any questions.. looks like you know it already!!!

Old 2011-01-14, 8:05am

Default You've probably seen this

I this is posted in a couple of places, but this is an example of the boro's pendants I have been making.

Thanks all
Suzanne
Old 2011-01-14, 9:42am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Kay,
Multi petal colors are a result of using twisties/stringers. If you use a core of one color and encase that with another color or even two other colors then use the stringer for the petal lines on the maria your petals will have edges the color of the outside and the inside of the petal will be the core color(s). If you make a twisty and use that for the lines the petals will have verticle striations in the colors used for the twisty. If you use two or more lines that grab each other and the clear then the petals will be multi colored and similar to the stringer petals but the color seperation will be more defined and only the one petal edge will be different color. And if you do as just stated but use a twisty you get a petal with a definate outer color and a striated inner petel. So many combinations; it is endless.

And I hardily second that re the sculptures. Very very nice! Seems to me you would be answering more questions than asking.

Last edited by cheng076; 2011-01-14 at 9:46am.
Old 2011-01-14, 12:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
Kay,
Multi petal colors are a result of using twisties/stringers. If you use a core of one color and encase that with another color or even two other colors then use the stringer for the petal lines on the maria your petals will have edges the color of the outside and the inside of the petal will be the core color(s). If you make a twisty and use that for the lines the petals will have verticle striations in the colors used for the twisty. If you use two or more lines that grab each other and the clear then the petals will be multi colored and similar to the stringer petals but the color seperation will be more defined and only the one petal edge will be different color. And if you do as just stated but use a twisty you get a petal with a definate outer color and a striated inner petel. So many combinations; it is endless.

And I hardily second that re the sculptures. Very very nice! Seems to me you would be answering more questions than asking.

PJ... you are the best!! Thank you Thank you Thank you. I am looking forward to giving it a try. I bought an infinity mold and a foot control... Yay!!! Gonna burn something now... Big hugs to you my friend. MIss you.. Say hello to Mike Croft. I friended him on FB....

Old 2011-01-17, 6:34am
Hobby Junkie

This thread always reminds me how much I love boro! Beautiful work everyone!

Here's some stuff from yesterday.

Old 2011-01-17, 7:39am

these are beautiful. I especially like the top one..

Old 2011-01-17, 7:22pm

My first pendant after the John Kobuki class. Still needs some work but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Learned so much my head is still spinning.

Last edited by Beadz Gone Wild; 2011-01-17 at 7:25pm.
Old 2011-01-17, 7:52pm

That is beautiful.
Old 2011-01-18, 6:09am

Thank you Deb. Everyone's work is just beautiful. Boro is new for me but I think it will become my staple. I just love the colors and I'm just scratching the surface.

Old 2011-01-18, 10:57am

Nice flower BGW,
A couple compressions after returning from John Kobuki's class:
Attached Images

Old 2011-01-18, 10:58am
Boro Bum

Hi all,

Here's a Mother/Daughter sculp i finished up last night

Thanks for looking

Great job everyone one this month

AcidFly

Old 2011-01-18, 1:34pm

MaxK, Nice pendant and marble. Were you in Denver? 1st or 2nd class?

Old 2011-01-18, 2:30pm

Wow Acid I really like the movement of that piece, Nice Job!

All you peeps that took Kobuki's glass are really putting on a nice show, and making me jealous!!
Old 2011-01-18, 2:43pm

I was in the 2nd class.
Old 2011-01-19, 5:17pm
Remember to keep smiling

Everyone's work is just so amazing. I bought my first few rods of Boro today hope to learn to make implosions, marbles, sculpture's ... Okay....Okay a girl can dream can't she.
After reading the Boro thread it looks as if Brent's DVD is a must have. Brent as soon as I can save up for it and the colors needed for it so please don't sell out of your vol. 1

SRA#P109
Old 2011-01-20, 7:40am
Life is good

Awesome work everyone. I have a couple of hearts and a new marble.
Attached Images

Old 2011-01-20, 4:33pm
Bernhard Riegler

trying to get a vortex

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Last edited by Onekura; 2013-12-13 at 6:47pm.
Old 2011-01-20, 5:01pm
Bernhard Riegler

some more

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Last edited by Onekura; 2013-12-13 at 6:47pm.
Old 2011-01-20, 5:47pm

Cool

Old 2011-01-21, 9:01am
Pyromaniac

It is a pain to photograph black glass!

Black Dahlia Glass Ring (3/52 for the Ring A Week Challenge)

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage