LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-09-15, 5:31pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

Oh great to see this Debra - you were one of the people I mentioned to someone that I would love to see a tutorial from, way back when all these tutorial started coming out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
Old 2008-09-15, 5:45pm
Senior Moment

Oh yes please, pretty, pretty, please
The colors just jump out at you! Lovely,lovely work!
Patricia
Old 2008-09-15, 6:37pm
Um......

Me too me too!

Old 2008-09-15, 6:51pm
Oh No You Didn't!

How weird. I could have sworn I made a post here a little while ago but it's gone. Wouldn't be surprised if I posted it on the wrong thread somewhere though..

Anyway, the tutorial is morphing in my head and I will probably get started on it next week.

I'll keep you all updated as it progresses.

Thanks everyone!

Deb

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-09-15, 6:56pm

I think it's a nice technique and that people would buy it!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-09-17, 9:45am

I'll buy it!
Jen
Old 2008-09-18, 5:47am

You can put me down for a Tutorial purchase.
di
Old 2008-09-19, 5:42pm
Burning Fingers!

So glad to hear you are going ahead with the tutorial - yes, yes, yes I would purchase it.

/
/
/

Old 2008-09-19, 5:58pm

me too!
Old 2008-09-20, 9:50am
Dangerous Woman

Oh yeah baby!!! I can't wait!!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-09-21, 8:24am
daughter and I

Absolutely interested.

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2008-10-03, 1:48pm
birdergirl ~o~

Talking

BUMP!!!!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2008-10-03, 2:23pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Hi everyone. I'm still working on it. The hard part has been getting someone to take the pictures for me and I'm waiting for an order that I ordered 8 days ago now, to come in with some stuff I'm out of.

Looks like I should have ordered it all from Frantz but I wanted to try a new supplier. I ordered Sedona from Frantz the same day as I placed the order from this other company, on Thursday, and got the Sedona on Tuesday, in only 3 business days. But I haven't heard if the other order has even been shipped yet. So I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs and waiting.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-10-15, 11:07am

waiting

granny
Old 2008-10-15, 1:46pm
Oh No You Didn't!

I know, I'm a slow poke, but It's getting there.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-02, 10:00pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to give you an update! I FINALLY got someone to take pictures for me today for this tutorial. I just went through them all and edited them and most of them look really good. They are definitely better than the ones I was trying to take myself while at the same time trying to make the beads.....LOL

So tomorrow, I'll be working on the text and putting it all together in a PDF. I've never done this before so I don't know how long it's going to take me, but I'm not going to do anything else until it's finished. Hopefully within a couple of days.

I have to say, it's not as easy as it sounds to make beads while someone is trying to take pictures. You have to have your hands out of the way, which makes you have to place dots and whatnot at awkward positions. My dots are a bit wonky in the pictures because of that, but it was fun and I hope you all like it.

The possibilities are endless with the color combos you'll be learning. I haven't even begun to explore many of the other ideas I have for it. But I can't wait to see what you all do with it.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon

Last edited by Frogsongstudio; 2008-11-02 at 10:03pm.
Old 2008-11-03, 8:18am

waiting.....I hope this will work okay with a hothead??

granny
Old 2008-11-03, 4:38pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Hi Granny,

I know it can be done on a hothead, however I couldn't tell you if the results will be exactly the same.

I remember I used to make a certain style of beads when I had tanked oxy. After I got my concentrator I never could make those beads again even though I was using the same torch. I couldn't get color the same colors anymore.

I can't see any reason why this technique wouldn't work on any setup though.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-11, 2:01pm

granny
Old 2008-11-12, 3:50pm
Oh No You Didn't!

My Tutorial is finally finished!
I sent it off to someone to check it for me. As soon as I hear back from her and make any changes she thinks it might need I will list it on Etsy and start a new "It's finally finished" thread with a link.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon