LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-10-12, 7:16am
Always learnin' & yearnin

Default Tut on Owls?

Hello everyone I have a friend that is obsessed with Owls! I want to make her a few and send them to her. I know there is a lady on here that does Gorgeous Owl sculptures and was wondering if there were any tuts on this? I know I am fairly new but I love learning new things and wanna push my limits!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-12, 1:02pm
tweetysweetie

Steven, if you would like the tutorial for the owls in my avatar, pm me and I'll send you the instructions, but it will take a couple days, the computer that has the tutorial on its drive is at the Dr. right now, lol. They are called Hooters and were a featured tutorial in the Flow Magazine last year.

Old 2010-10-12, 3:25pm

Thank you sooo much for the reply! I PM'D you on your hooters......LOL Sorry I had to...lol

Old 2010-10-14, 4:10pm
Total Noob

I would love a copy of this tutorial, too- do you know which issue of Flow? I wouldn't mind trying to chase down a back issue for it, either.
Old 2010-10-14, 5:04pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

STEVEN!!!! Thats not a way to talk to a lady!
Old 2010-10-14, 5:38pm
honorary bead lady

Speaking of Hooters I gotta go try to make a goddess bead

Old 2010-10-14, 8:25pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

David, I just did, my first goddess ever! And I had little difficulties with the hooters...
Old 2010-10-14, 8:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by piakaven View Post
STEVEN!!!! Thats not a way to talk to a lady!
sorry I couldn't pass that one up. I hope it didnt offend anyone though

Old 2010-10-14, 8:39pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by piakaven View Post
David, I just did, my first goddess ever! And I had little difficulties with the hooters...
I wanna see!! when you gonna post?

Old 2010-10-14, 8:42pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Annealer is not even ramping down yet, will post it tomorrow... I just finished torching. I will be up early in the morning to check out and post on the goddess challenge thread. And I dont think anyone here gets offended about that kinda stuff. As long as we are nice about jokes and stuff, its different if people get nasty. That was just funny!
Old 2010-10-14, 8:56pm

Pia I didnt know you etched glass chinese dragons and koi!!! those are sooooo good!!!! I have an entire room I am doing in chinese

Old 2010-10-14, 9:03pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Aaaaaw, thanks!!!
Old 2010-10-14, 9:30pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

I'm envious! I wanna make a goddess too!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-10-15, 7:39am
honorary bead lady

Well Andrea what did you do? Kick yourself out?
Old 2010-10-15, 7:42am

Goddesses and Owls are my fav! lol not to mention dragons!!!!!!

Old 2010-10-15, 7:54am
Dancing Moon Shadows

David, busy making beads for the consignment shop. She has particular tastes, and I'm busy trying to get enough stuff for that display. I DO want to try making some goddesses however, and WILL get to that eventually. Maybe AFTER the holidays?

Steven, have you seen the owls that are on the Big Kid's S & T lately? WONDERFUL!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-10-15, 2:51pm
tweetysweetie

Zenmoto, send me a pm with your email address and when I get my computer back I'll forward you the tut.
Asimeral, link the big kids owls up here so I can see..whoohooooo I love owls!

Old 2010-10-15, 3:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimeral View Post
Steven, have you seen the owls that are on the Big Kid's S & T lately? WONDERFUL!
I saw those and they are wonderful!!! I think they are boro though and I am still learning still gonna try them

Old 2010-10-15, 9:45pm

Catharine I wanna thank you once again for this!!!! I love it! Here is one I already did, camera sucks but I want you honest opinion.

Name:  101510231837.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  23.9 KB

Name:  101510231935.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  25.1 KB

Old 2010-10-15, 9:47pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

I love them! And the colors are really nice! Dont you ever fail anything? Dang it must suck to be always so good!
I have to wait until Sunday to make them, my annealer is already off... oh, and it is almost midnight anyhow... but what do I care they are really good Steven. You really have a talent with that glass!
Old 2010-10-15, 9:49pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Those are CUTE!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-10-15, 9:53pm

you are tooo nice Pia lol
Thanks Squid

Old 2010-10-16, 10:58am
tweetysweetie

Steven, from what I can see from the picture......he (just a little blurry for my senior eyes, lol) looks good, you did great..love how you did the colors..your friend should be pleased...thank you for sharing..

Old 2010-10-16, 1:46pm

Good job Steven! You should be proud of yourself.
Old 2010-10-16, 3:29pm
Remember to keep smiling

Steven great job remember my favorite color is purple...lol

SRA#P109
Old 2010-10-16, 7:05pm

Thank you all for the kind words!! Its all in how you follow the directions...lol It is a Wonderful tutorial and extremely well written so all the credit goes to Catharine!!

Thanks Cat!!! Once again

Old 2010-10-19, 8:19pm

Here is a slightly better picture I got a long way to go with these...lol Got a better camera now still trying to figure out how to use it. LOL
Name:  LAMPWORK 006.JPG
Views: 1259
Size:  54.5 KB
Attached Images

Old 2010-10-19, 9:49pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

Do a search for WildatHeart (that's Beth's user ID). Look thru the lists of posts and find the ones which have a set of numbers in her post. Those are pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiredDesires View Post
Zenmoto, send me a pm with your email address and when I get my computer back I'll forward you the tut.
Asimeral, link the big kids owls up here so I can see..whoohooooo I love owls!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-10-20, 5:58pm
tweetysweetie

Zentmoto, I just realized that I never answered your question. It was Flow Spring Issue of 09....chock full of some awesome tutorials...worthy purchase for anyones library.
Asimeral, thanks for the response.

Old 2010-10-20, 6:21pm

Steven they look great and didn't I read somewhere you've only been torching for a month. Wow you have a gift I'm in awe of you.