Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-07-26, 7:53pm

Default Thanks for the peanuts - the cornstarch peanuts, Frantz Art Glass!!

Many thanks to Frantz Art Glass for packing my last order in cornstarch peanuts. I hate the idea of throwing out regular packing peanuts, only to have them end up in landfills. Haven't figured out where/if I can recycle them locally, so I have bags and bags of the darn things.

I LOVED the fact that I could just wet the cornstarch ones down instead. My order arrived perfectly intact, so I hope all my future orders are packed that way.

To all of the other great vendors here, please please consider using these, too. Speaking for myself, I'd be happy to pay any small delta cost over the regular ones, if needed, to get my orders from you packed that way, also.

Linda
Old 2009-07-26, 9:08pm
honorary bead lady

Most places that pack and ship are more than happy to take packing peanuts
Old 2009-07-26, 9:12pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Quote:
Most places that pack and ship are more than happy to take packing peanuts
That's right. I take all my packing peanuts and empty boxes (shipping labels removed, of course) to my local UPS Store. They are thrilled to get them !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-26, 10:15pm

Good to know and thanks! Even in my area, bet what few shipping stores there are would love to recycle them for me. Thanks for the tip!

Linda
Old 2009-07-27, 8:01pm
Master Procrastinator

Linda, check & see if there's a freecycle group where you live. I belong to a local one. People are always looking for boxes & packing material (peanuts, bubble wrap, etc).

The box I received my goodies in from Frantz today did not make it one piece. The ends were open on 2 sides, with the packing peanuts coming out. When I say they were open, they were OPEN!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I took a photo of the box before opening it just in case, ut the order was packed so well, that there was nothing broken that I could see. I haven't unraveled all the saran yet, but it all looks good. And thankfully none of the candy fell out!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-28, 3:52am
Ready to hit the road

I'm glad they're switching to cornstarch peanuts. My ferrets LOVE playing in packing peanuts (and they like the candy when I forget it's at the bottom of the box), but I worry about them nibbling on them, so having cornstarch peanuts will be VERY nice!

Old 2009-07-28, 5:18am
<--Want a Kiss

I like them, too. We just take them outside and let the rain do the rest.

On the open end issue. I think UPS has figured out there's candy inside and they slice the tape to see if it will fall out. LOL All my Frantz boxes are open on the bottom.

mini cc w/EX-15 oxycon
Old 2009-07-29, 9:34am
looking for work

Me too!
Oh I love the peanuts. One other thing I noticed about them, they did not stick to everything! My box was perfect as usual, but I still lost the candy to my kids

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
James Thurber

Old 2009-07-30, 2:49pm
Live and Let Live

I LOVE LOVE LOVE
the new starch peanuts too!!! Thank U Mikey!!!

a) They are not static-charged and don't stick to everything.
b) They are eco-friendly!
c) They kinda smell good enough to EAT as you're pawing through to find the glass and the candy. Vaguely like Chinese rice I thought.

And speaking of the candy, it too was YUM this last shipment. Tootsie pops and Skittles and Starburst... oh MY!

Old 2009-07-30, 3:10pm
Melting

Quote:
I like them, too. We just take them outside and let the rain do the rest.

On the open end issue. I think UPS has figured out there's candy inside and they slice the tape to see if it will fall out. LOL All my Frantz boxes are open on the bottom.

Oooohhh....that's where my candy has been going!!! lol

Oh, and I love the peanuts too! My kids like to try to get into my packages so now I know it's ok if some peanuts are stolen

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-07-31, 1:37pm

i too am thrilled with the new biodegradable peanuts. the box was a pleasure to open with no sticky peanuts all over me. thanks for using these.

i always take any peanuts to the ups store and they love getting them. it is nice to know they are being used again but now if someone on the other end puts them in the landfill, at least they will biodegrade. kath
Old 2009-08-03, 7:18am

Yeah I love the starch peanuts too. They give me something to munch on when there's no candy in the box.
They don't taste half bad. Kinda bland. Could use a little salt I think.

Old 2009-08-03, 11:45am
Covered in glitter

One of my cats did a nibble on a peanut and decided he didn't like the taste. He then managed to get it stuck to the end of his tail. It was pretty amusing to watch him chase it. LOL I got glass, biodegradable packing AND a floor show! Unfortunately I forgot and left the box outside so the baby raccoons got the candy.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-08-03, 12:41pm
Frit frit and more frit!

You can make models from them too! just try licking the ends and sticking them together - oh, and don't forget to post piccys!!!
Old 2009-08-03, 5:55pm

Default Starch Peanuts

We actually started using starch peanuts a few months ago. We also recycle all of our cardboard, we purchase recycled supplies when possible and affordable.

Of course all of these actions will not save the earth, unless everyone helps, then the earth will last a bit longer.

If you have any other ways we can make it last a bit longer, please email me.

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-08-04, 1:20am
picking Job's Tears

Those of us who reuse packing peanuts (I get them at work) prefer reusing the styrofoam ones because we can compost the biodegradable ones ourselves and keep the styrofoam ones out of landfills for one more round (or more). If I had to buy them I'd buy the biodegradable ones too, but I don't. - Trying to bring up the other side of things here ...
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2009-08-04, 1:35am

I've been using the bio peanuts for a few months now. They seem to cushion things a bit better too. I didn't realize you could just hose them down though. i do like the way they crumble when vaccuming instead of the other one's getting sucked up in one piece. I hated that the most!