Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-03-05, 12:35pm

Anouk - That is an awesome arrowhead!!! Very nice job. My first one is so not worthy of showing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-09, 12:17am

Oh LIsa, you should show it anyway! If not, show us your next one! PLEASE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-09, 12:34pm
boro color bender

Wow Anouk! That's gorgeous!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-03-14, 3:43pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Shari:

Love the shard and arrowhead tutorial. I just finished making my first arrowhead last night. Although I did forget to take the instructions downstairs, I love the result of what I remembered. I will post a picture tomorrow. The arrowhead I made was a combination of both your tutorials. I used the salmon colored shards tutorial for the color of my arrowhead. I can't wait to make more shards and arrowheads. I'm keeping the one I made and am going to make myself earrings to match.

Ebay:
Old 2009-03-14, 10:09pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Wore this out on the town tonight. Here's the picture:
Attached Images

Ebay:
Old 2009-03-15, 2:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeedz1 View Post
Wore this out on the town tonight. Here's the picture:
wow! Stunning arrowhead, I'm so glad you were able to follow the directions so easily. Little earrings to match would be awesome!

Remember you can make these without using shards. You can create them easily with different color combinations of glass, or frit even. I great opportunity to use up that frit you've all been hording for forever.

Have a base of ivory, or black cover it with silver foil, apply some frit, follow the steps in the tutorial and you'll have a really cool arrowhead.

Keep posting your results, I love seeing what you're making and don't be afraid to sell them either.

Old 2009-03-20, 10:22pm

Here's My first and second and third. The first one always comes out the best shape wise but I'm having problems with the stringer part Must Practice!!!

Old 2009-03-23, 6:46pm

Very good Irene!
Well done! The stringer part I have to admit is the hardest.
Remember you dont have to go all the way around. Just start on one side of the bead and end on the other edge, do two rows, then apply string to the other side. this is for the neck wrap part.

As for the long strands start with dots of glass part way down the arrow piece heat up the dots so they're molten, then take your thick stringer and drag it through the dot all the way to the neck of the arrow.

The thicker your string, the easier it is to make the wrap and dangles.

Old 2009-03-30, 2:03pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Here is my second one. It was a little bugger though. The mandrel broke lose about half way through so I had to be very careful with the cuts and tilit it down so it would fall off the mandrel.
Attached Images

Ebay:
Old 2009-04-01, 1:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeedz1 View Post
Here is my second one. It was a little bugger though. The mandrel broke lose about half way through so I had to be very careful with the cuts and tilit it down so it would fall off the mandrel.
I've had the same thing happen. You really have to make sure that the area that you are shaping or cutting is quite soft. The less tugging of the bead on the mandrel the less chance you have of loosening the bead release.

But in the end, it's a lovely bead. Great shape and great color in it. Very pretty! I hope you get a good price for it.

Old 2009-04-19, 5:25pm

Mine still need a little work. I'll keep practicing. I think they're too short and squatty looking myself.
Here are mine in order of how I made them
Attached Images

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2009-04-19, 9:30pm

Great effort Donna!
My suggestion would be to use more glass.
The more glass you use the bigger your arrowhead will be and the longer you can make it, if that's what you prefer.

I like the cuteness of these short ones though LOL!

Old 2009-05-16, 8:18pm

Here's my first attempt. Very easy tutorial to follow. Thank-you Shari!
Old 2009-05-16, 10:34pm

Wow! That's very lovely Lynda! So pretty, I love the color reaction as well as the shape that you got. Well done!

Old 2009-05-18, 4:35pm
moth to the flame

I just got mine, now the wait...patience glass-hoppa!

I can't wait to 'see' it!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-05-19, 9:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadMaven View Post
I just got mine, now the wait...patience glass-hoppa!

I can't wait to 'see' it!
LOL! Me either!

Old 2009-06-09, 10:53pm

One of my latest Arrowheads, I hope you find it inspirational.
Attached Images

Old 2009-06-10, 9:38pm

I have two taken with the camera's flash -- I'm on my sailboat right now. These were done a week ago before we our short trip. I did take one outside in the shade of the sail -- but the ones with the flash turned out better.

The first one I made the large ball of glass and followed the instructions (that I could remember!) Then the next one I wanted really bigger so I made a large glass ball and then started "painting" on more glass -- going from hole to hole -- really building up a large glob of glass which I then melted smooth. And followed the instructions from there. I like working off the mandrel -- having the glass hanging off the end -- there are more options working with the glass this way. I've done a lot of cutting of hot glass for my "trees" -- working my trees off the end of the mandrel is novel approached -- which I'll try when I get back to my darling torch! Next I'll blow the shards -- these arrowheads were made with frit on an ivory base.

This was the first one

This was the second one
Old 2009-08-03, 8:17pm

Lovely arrowhead Barbara, I'm betting you've made more since the first two, would love to see them.

Old 2009-08-13, 12:08am

Yes I've made more -- I love to play with colors. I'll photograph them and post. They get lots of compliments.

I'm working on a list of online resources for people on the go (on land or at sea).
Old 2009-08-17, 12:08am

Can't wait to see.

Old 2009-08-17, 8:05am

Beautiful results from those that got the tutorial! Very impressive!
I've always loved your arrowheads, Shari! It's on my very long list of wants! I'm sure it's like all your other work, well done & beautiful!
ginger
Old 2009-08-30, 10:04am

Thank you so much Ginger, it's one of those beads that i enjoy going back to and recreating every once in a while, seeing how can I make it new again.
Attached Images

Old 2011-01-27, 5:11pm

Time to recreate another design.

Old 2011-01-27, 8:41pm

I missed seeing those last three from 2009. I love them!!!
Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Old 2011-01-28, 12:53pm

Default I Can't Wait!

I just saw this on line this morning and ordered my tut!!! I am so excited to work on some of these. I can't wait to get my download/
Old 2011-02-04, 11:07am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweezil View Post
I just saw this on line this morning and ordered my tut!!! I am so excited to work on some of these. I can't wait to get my download/
I hope you're enjoying the tutorial. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send me a message. I'll try create some new ones today.

Old 2012-11-09, 9:01am

I know this is an old post, but I just ordered the arrowhead tutorial and can't wait to receive it. I was wondering (guess I might find out when I get the tut) if I could use a hollow mandrel to blow shards?
I am eyeballing the broken heart tutorial too.
Cherri
Old 2012-11-09, 2:51pm

Yes you need a hollow mandrel to blow shards. I've used both a hollow mandrel with a small hole and with the large hole, the mandrels with a large hole make blowing shards much easier.

Old 2012-11-11, 11:15am

Bought this when it first came out .... absolutely loved this detailed tutorial. Thanks - Di