No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2005-12-05, 10:19am

I would really love to see a picture of that bead! Kimmy
Old 2005-12-05, 1:40pm
Anna Duhame

Marci and Bubbyanne, those are all stunningly beautiful!

Marci, you can post the picture if you want, but I really think yours are much much better! Mine was just an experiment...I love the way you do yours!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-12-05, 2:01pm
*glass spaz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbeads
That's a killer bead!! Here's one I made proably 12 or more years ago, it was one of my first beads ever, and I still love it and make this design over again. I didn't know EDP wasn't suppose to go dull, ( there wasn't much info in those days!!! and now I strive to get this effect from it!)I now add some silver or gold foil to them but don't have any recent bead photo's/ Sheila
Thanks for the compliment. That's a really cool bead. I like the dragged loop idea for the feather eye. I know what you mean about EDP. I had some pastel purple about the same time, 12 years ago, that I'll have to assume was EDP (because I didn't catalog names and numbers in my brain like I do now) and couldn't figure out what to do with it. 12 years ago, reactions from glass scared the crap out of me. NOW, I'm utterly bored without them!

If you find anymore peacock bead photos, post 'em. I think seeing all the variations is so cool.

Anna, I love the bead you gave me. It may be an experiment, but it is a GOOOOOOOOD one! I'll take a shot today and post it.

Old 2005-12-05, 4:52pm
*glass spaz*

Here's Anna's very cool peacock bead. I think that you've totally captured the wispy silvered look of the background feathers in their tails! I really love this bead. Thank you so much for gifting it to me. I may ACTUALLY make something for myself this time!! ; )

not that great of lighting, sorry.......

Old 2005-12-06, 9:24am
I love color!

These are very inspiring beads! I saw some beautiful peacock patterns in a jacket and a poncho in a catalog. These beads would go with those outfits beautifully! I think I'll have to get to the torch and try some of these peacock beads. Thanks for sharing your great work everyone!
Old 2005-12-06, 1:44pm

Thank you, it is a lot better than I had envisioned. Kimmy
Old 2005-12-06, 2:49pm
Just me

Wow cool bead Anna. I like the way the background looks like the feather plumes! I need some more practice.

Old 2005-12-09, 2:06pm
*glass spaz*

I got my feather today from VanityFaire! It comes from a feller named Percy! I love that! I think it will be staying in it's protective plastic coating to keep the pussen from considering it a new play thing though! Thanks again VanityFaire!

Old 2005-12-09, 9:40pm
Anna Duhame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbyanne
Wow cool bead Anna. I like the way the background looks like the feather plumes! I need some more practice.
Thanks Babs...it was kind of an experimental thing...I have been doing weird things like that a lot lately....kind of a what will happen if I ....

Marci, can't wait to see what you do with Percy's inspirational feather!

Thank you Kimmy!

Old 2005-12-12, 1:42am

Percy is going to be so proud to be inspiration for this project Mar. I will tell him when I go to visit next. His mother is a women that devouts the grounds to the peacocks. I got to go into her house on my visit there and you can totally tell she is an artist person. Her pride in her home was first the peacock pictures she photographed, but than the picture she has of her with her hand on Carey Grants shoulder in some resturant like brown derby type seating.
Old 2005-12-12, 3:25pm
*glass spaz*

Wow, you know the Brown Derby is closing, after all these years? Sad. There was a revival, but it is apparently going to be demolished now. The Peacock Lady sounds like a cool chick!

Old 2005-12-12, 5:01pm

Owning a peacock feather is extremely bad luck! I have had some but any time I've had a breakin it's always something that gets stolen... but do a google search on peacock feathers and I'm sure you'll learn you don't really want to own one! It's a bit like wearing opals if your not born in October!

Old 2005-12-12, 5:09pm
*glass spaz*

Thanks, I'm not actually superstitious though.

Old 2005-12-12, 9:10pm
oxygen deprived

lol, so is it bad luck to have a peacock feather as an adornment on a hat? or just a plain feather?

i guess i'm screwed both ways because i wear an opal every day and i definitely wasn't born in october.
Old 2005-12-13, 12:59am
*glass spaz*

I have some lovely opals my parent's brought me back from Australia, years ago. I have never set them, but I take them out and look at them occasionally. (born in November.....). One of my best friends is an opal FANATIC, born in April. She actually has the best luck of any human I've ever met. They must do her some good!

I've just sold two of my peacock beads.
I'm sort of sad to see them go.....

Old 2005-12-13, 1:18am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgirl
Owning a peacock feather is extremely bad luck! I have had some but any time I've had a breakin it's always something that gets stolen... but do a google search on peacock feathers and I'm sure you'll learn you don't really want to own one! It's a bit like wearing opals if your not born in October!

But sometimes Percy must loan out his wares for others to see close up.. its really okay this time cuz you have the blessings of percy.. I have his stuff all around my office and in my bead room.
Old 2005-12-15, 6:12am

here's a great pic to work from.

Last edited by sislonski; 2006-01-20 at 12:52am.
Old 2005-12-16, 5:12pm
No Longer an LE Member

Here's a bead I did in the peacock feather style. Next time I ever do one, I think I will try the drag of the glas down to the bead hole. I started with big dot of turquoise, then pea green and then blue adventurine for some "glitz".

Old 2005-12-16, 6:37pm
oxygen deprived

very pretty!
Old 2005-12-16, 11:22pm
*glass spaz*

Maureen, that peacock bead looks fantastic! I really like the composition of having the "eyes" of the feathers dragged towards the hole of the bead. Also, the colour combo is really nice. Thanks everybody for continuing this thread and showing how truly different an inspiration can be interpretted by a group of people!

I couldn't help myself, I have been working the last two weeks on special orders, and although I needed to get some other things done today - I HAD to make a peacock bead today. It is cooling in the kiln. Hopefully I can share tomorrow!