Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-30, 12:26pm

Quote:
The only person who can address it, really, is Jack. Folks keep buying from him despite problem after problem after problem and he's not getting his sh** together to fix the issues.

People shouldn't be surprised when their order goes pear shaped.

So when another month goes by and there's another set of threads on "where's my oxy con? I tried to do this privately but it's been 6 months" you just want to point at the poster and laugh at them for being so foolish as to do business with him in the first place. We need an "I told you so" emoticon.
Right on point, Tom. As long as people keep buying, regardless of what is posted here, he has zero reason to change anything. I run tanked and I dont sell concentrators so I really dont have an interest beyond wondering why this continues.
Old 2013-06-30, 2:47pm
Against the Grain

He should probably stop taking orders until he gets caught up with the ones he already has. When you find yourself so deep in a hole that you can't get out, the first thing you should do is stop digging. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hand over any money to help fund this operation. Sooner or later the bottom will fall out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-01, 10:06am

Quote:

No one wants UA too go away, Jack produces a quality product. What people want is an honest delivery date when they place an order
That hits the nail on the head. Being on a strict budget in my quest to build my studio I really wanted to buy an M20 from jack since the price is right and based on all the reviews I've seen he makes a great product. This decision was made with the knowledge that I would have a long wait time. What deterred me was his response to my email asking for even a rough estimate of wait time as I thought that *maybe* a smaller unit like an M20 would have a lesser wait than say a hurricane or other large unit. Had he responded even saying 12+ weeks my order would have been placed last week. Instead my question was completely ignored and the response didn't even acknowledge that I asked the question.

This plus the responses from jack to customers having problems with his service was enough for me to change my mind and order from someone else. I run a service based business and wouldn't even think of saying these things to the same people ordering from me and keeping my business and my livelihood afloat.

You can take this reply as you wish but honestly my intent is not to beat a dead horse, but rather to give honest insight as to my experience as a potential customer. If every customer I've lost for whatever reason gave me a detailed reason why they chose not to do business with me I'd be a happy camper, so that's what I'm doing here.
Old 2013-07-01, 1:54pm

I just received 2 M15's this morning.

Was the price great? Yes
Did it take longer than I expected? Yes
Do they work well? Yes
Would I do it again? Yes
Old 2013-07-02, 12:43pm

Jack closed his sale ad, too many customer's inquiring about late shipments?
Or it could be the sale is over...

Either way, having a sale with undelivered/overdue "paid for" orders... Not how I would do business.

Old 2013-07-02, 12:55pm

yes the last thing i'd do is to place an order (sale price or not) when there are people have been waiting 6 months or whatever.

suffice to say, i'm glad that i know where to get parts to rebuild my machines.
Old 2013-07-02, 3:25pm

Quote:
Jack closed his sale ad, too many customer's inquiring about late shipments?
Or it could be the sale is over...

Either way, having a sale with undelivered/overdue "paid for" orders... Not how I would do business.
The sale was for June. This is July. Besides that, the sales ad is not the place to voice your concerns. That is what the Customer Service Kiosk is for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2013-07-02, 3:49pm
Lotion handler

Emailed you with no response. Where is my tracking number?
Old 2013-07-02, 6:07pm

Quote:
The sale was for June. This is July. Besides that, the sales ad is not the place to voice your concerns. That is what the Customer Service Kiosk is for.
That is exactly what I said in my post. Having a sale (in a "protected thread") and promising the same time frames of delivery that you are not currently meeting is, to me, misleading new customers.
I am only pointing out what others are saying...
I suggested some changes in your business practices months ago, like "under promise and over deliver", you agreed and so far...

Here's what I'm saying Jack. You have the best product but you're not the only business in town, people should know what to expect when they place an order thus become your customer.

Old 2013-07-03, 1:54pm

I've seen he makes a great product.

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-07-03, 2:06pm

Jack,
You used to debate better than this.
If you're going to quote other people then make sure you give them credit, it looks as if you're making these statements which I know is not the case.

No-one is questioning your products,
it's the delivery times that people are concerned with.

Jack, Please just state 4-6 months, then people can plan accordingly and will be happy to get it early or at least on-time...

Last edited by Raimond; 2013-07-03 at 2:08pm.
Old 2013-07-03, 2:15pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Jack, did you give this person their tracking number?

Old 2013-07-03, 2:17pm
Covered in glitter

You won't get a great response from Jack. You won't get your oxycon when he promises you will. You WILL however get a great product when it arrives. I have 3 oxycons from them and wouldn't trade them for the world. Two of them were purchases and the 3rd was a donation that I won!!! Just be patient because you'll be quite happy when it gets there.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2013-07-03, 5:52pm

Quote:
Jack,
You used to debate better than this.
If you're going to quote other people then make sure you give them credit, it looks as if you're making these statements which I know is not the case.

No-one is questioning your products,
it's the delivery times that people are concerned with.

Jack, Please just state 4-6 months, then people can plan accordingly and will be happy to get it early or at least on-time...

I was simply making the quiet statement that every negative comment contains a positive and every positive comment contains a negative. I do not intend to debate this with you or anyone else. And I do not intend to post my turn around time at 4 to 6 months. I do intend, however, to improve my turnaround time drastically. I am working with a couple large glass and torch suppliers who will be able to place larger orders with me, giving me a lot more buying power. This will help me clear up older orders quickly. I have taken all the time in the past, trying to explain why and how these orders take time. I have explained that I combine all orders to place my own. Sometimes that means I have to save order payments for weeks before I have enough to make my orders. Some of vendors have 2000.00 minimums, some have less. If I have a slow week or 2 which we all do, It can be a month before I can buy equipment. Meanwhile, I have customers calling and wanting a date for completion of their order. Which is something I encourage. But, it is extremely difficult simply due to the nature of the orders coming in. So I get myself in trouble trying to guess a date or trying to tell the customer something to go on. The only real answer for this entire situation is to have more buying power, more man power and more equipment. My techs can build units daily. Imagine how quick I could catch up if I could double the output. Unfortunately, I cannot keep that much equipment coming into the shop. We have been doing this a lot of years and it works. It just depends completely on the timing. I swear I will fix it. Jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-07-03, 9:02pm
Borovangelist

That's the thing though, folks love your product...once they get it. And the once they get it end of things has been generating complaints for a very long time. You've promised time and time again to fix the issues but haven't.

Go back and look for threads started for your company on here, there have been a lot of them full of angry people looking for their product, dragging on for a couple of weeks before can finally get a product to them.

I get you have supply chain issues, that's a problem, but maybe you need to look for other vendors or something.

I could ring up my local Lindcare, ask if they have an off spec machine and bribe a tech to tweak the inner regulator and replace the beds in it faster than it would take to order from you. I know you do more than that to the machines which is why it drives me nuts to see these threads SO often. Like I said, you seem to deliver a good product, but you totally screw it up on the delivery end by overextending yourself.

|
|
Old 2013-07-03, 10:21pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Jack, did you give this person their tracking number?

Old 2013-07-03, 10:28pm

<echo echo echo echo>
Old 2013-07-03, 10:29pm
Storm Queen

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-07-04, 5:15am

Quote:
That's the thing though, folks love your product...once they get it. And the once they get it end of things has been generating complaints for a very long time. You've promised time and time again to fix the issues but haven't.

Go back and look for threads started for your company on here, there have been a lot of them full of angry people looking for their product, dragging on for a couple of weeks before can finally get a product to them.

I get you have supply chain issues, that's a problem, but maybe you need to look for other vendors or something.

I could ring up my local Lindcare, ask if they have an off spec machine and bribe a tech to tweak the inner regulator and replace the beds in it faster than it would take to order from you. I know you do more than that to the machines which is why it drives me nuts to see these threads SO often. Like I said, you seem to deliver a good product, but you totally screw it up on the delivery end by overextending yourself.
Well said and I agree. I am trying to fix it as you can see.

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-07-04, 5:56am

why isn't it as simple as updateing your website, or a thread here, or on facebook....update it once a week with current wait/build times.

it should be as easy as that.
Old 2013-07-04, 6:56am
I think my raku is broken

I like the new changes on the website and I hope that using distributors will help UOs supply chain problems. Personally, I can't wait to get my M20... Scratch that... I've waited patiently. My "30 day" wait is at 90 days currently. I hope to one day come back to this thread or similar threads and say that the long wait was worth it.

Old 2013-07-04, 10:32am

Here's the issue with the changes. When you add a distributor to the mix, prices go up. I hope this is not the case but companies need to make a profit too.

Old 2013-07-04, 11:55am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

What about Roc's? He's been waiting since before Christmas of last year? If he was expecting it for a Christmas present, that means he obviously ordered it in Sept or Oct, 2012, according to your usual wait time. That's coming up on ONE YEAR. And no, I've never ordered from you, and probably won't.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2013-07-05, 7:05am

Quote:
What about Roc's? He's been waiting since before Christmas of last year? If he was expecting it for a Christmas present, that means he obviously ordered it in Sept or Oct, 2012, according to your usual wait time. That's coming up on ONE YEAR. And no, I've never ordered from you, and probably won't.
She ordered hers on Dec 27. And yes, that is much to long. The order was misplace because of 3 different names on the order. Her husband's name was on the order. The check that was sent was in a completely different name and the girl who called and followed up was also a different name. We just lost the order, found the order and delivered. 6 months is far to long. I paid her shipping and delivered the item. Jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-07-05, 7:07am

Quote:
Here's the issue with the changes. When you add a distributor to the mix, prices go up. I hope this is not the case but companies need to make a profit too.
You are absolutely right. I knew the prices would go up if I involved distributors. Which is why I have tried to make it work without them. But, because of my lag time and impatient people, I have no choice but to get help. Jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-07-05, 7:51am

imho, it's great that you're doing what you need to do. i think even if prices do go up a bit (hopefully not too terribly high), but delivery times are drastically shortened, it'll work out great for you, and i wish you nothing but the best of luck in this new endeavor.

one thing is certain, regardless of all the issues with delivery time, you have a huge base of loyal customers, me included. the product has always been top notch.
Old 2013-07-05, 8:08am

Quote:
imho, it's great that you're doing what you need to do. i think even if prices do go up a bit (hopefully not too terribly high), but delivery times are drastically shortened, it'll work out great for you, and i wish you nothing but the best of luck in this new endeavor.

one thing is certain, regardless of all the issues with delivery time, you have a huge base of loyal customers, me included. the product has always been top notch.
Thank you, so much. It means a lot to me. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2013-07-05, 8:17am
Storm Queen

Did Arryn and Pam did their oxycons shipped out and receive their tracking numbers for shipment on 6/26 like you said....or not? Since you have just been ignoring my repeated questions I'm going to have to assume they did not get shipped out on 6/26.

Old 2013-07-05, 8:37am
Storm Queen

Quote:
What is it to you? Do you have some connection or you just want to keep stirring the UO2 pot? Call them and ask, if you are really that concerned.
Asking if you shipped orders out is stirring the pot? Either you did or you didn't. It looks like you didn't.

Old 2013-07-05, 8:39am
Borovangelist

Probably another of those "impatient people". Expecting to get an order within the timeline advertised, the fools!

|
|
Closed Thread