LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2008-10-07, 3:59pm

Default Separating Redmax valves?

Hi,

Has anyone ever split the valves on the Redmax to be able to run say a concentrator on the Minor and the larger bottom torch off tanks? For that matter, I suppose someone could also then run a pedal yes?

After talking to the great folks at Generations Glass today and at their suggestion, I took a look and the connecting loop does tie into an NPT fitting so it seems like it would work.

Just curious if anyone has already done this and if so, any tips? TIA for any input or advice.
Old 2008-10-08, 4:21pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Don't see why not, its just plumbing.... Just treat them as two individual torches... You might have to replace some of the valves or their proprietor "manifold" But its probably do able.

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2008-10-08 at 7:23pm.
Old 2008-10-10, 6:48am

Its not to hard. You just need to remove the 2 exsisting barbs and the 2 copper cross over tubes that go to the top torch and the fittings they go in to. Then replace the orignal barbs with 2 new ones with out holes in them for the cross overs. then were the cross over tubes went in to the top torch you also replace with a set of barbs.
1/8th ntp thread.

The only thing that becomes a problem is one of the exsisting elbows has a tiny tab brazed on to it that pinches in the torches heat sink to hold the plumbing ridged so it dont flex. But a zip tie will work to hold the new fittings if you don't have a way to solder a new tab on to one of the new fittings.

Old 2008-10-13, 5:11pm

Thanks for the responses. I HATE paying for oxygen so I may be looking into doing this soon.

I can blame it on the price of the oxygen mafia that taxes me but in reality, I'm just that lazy and if I can light the bottom torch without my hands, why not? I read somewhere that efficiency is creative laziness so once I can afford to do it, I'm doing it.