Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-06-01, 6:56pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for the invite! Am looking forward to playing...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-06-01, 7:04pm
Forms in Glass

OK I will Play.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Etsy

Old 2007-06-01, 7:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Nikki is all sorts of INSANE....
And, thank you for the invitation, but I'm sure my landlord would not appreciate me burning down the apartment building trying to melt boro with *my* hothead (besides which, I have no boro, no glasses & still really S*** with soft glass )
(Stop laughing at me Nikki & Pipyr!)
I am every wonderful sort of crazy, and I can send you boro shorts, I loaded up from Brent once I made 3 baby boro beads.

I won't tell your landlord.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2007-06-01, 7:16pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Welcome Michael....so happy you joined us!

Nikki, you crack me up!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-06-01, 7:18pm

Sounds fun, jana, thanks for the invite.
Ummm... please don't show my baby beads next to Michael's, though, ok? They may cry...

~:
~:

~:

Old 2007-06-01, 8:21pm
Type ZZZ personality

I'm in! I'll PM my info. Just make sure Fig is right before me, 'kay?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2007-06-01, 10:46pm
I'm a lilac!

I want to play too! Thank you for pestering me into it!

Old 2007-06-02, 12:16am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Jana thanks for the invitation, I would love to play this game so if no one has a problem with the fact that I would play along, please add me to the list

Suzanne

Old 2007-06-02, 3:40am

thanks for the invite, been away from daily computer this week. i had to put my bloodhound to sleep, so ive been out of sorts lately, but i should be able to do this, only away the end of august for a week at agi 19-25, possibly one other week from aug 5-11, so im in should be fun. how much do we put in? never did one of these before, do i assume correct you keep the item made inside, add stuff, tell person what you added so they know what to use, obviously you wont necessarily use up all of what they sent, or do you have to?, so what happens to all the leftover stuff?
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2007-06-02, 6:48am

Okay, I'm in - thanks Jana!

Sally
Old 2007-06-02, 6:48am
ID10T Problem Solver

Ro,
You will keep the item they made you and the ingredients that come to you. Using only those ingredients, make something for the next person on the list, then send that item and few ingredients from your stash to that next person.

They will get your ingredients and the item you made from the surprise ingredients sent to you, and keep what you made them, then take your ingredients, make something, pick out some glass of their own, then send the item and ingredients they picked on to the next person.

It's a challange to see what you can make when you have no control over the colors and components you have to chooose from.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-06-02, 8:38am
yukue fumei

Sorry about your dog Ro....

nagi

Old 2007-06-02, 1:41pm

thanks all. i get how the game works now. sucks, just got home, still looking for her to run to the door, i guess its going to be a while. hopefully back on the torch tomorrow or monday. i had a dream about a wierd horse creature, doesnt exist, but they did tell me what it was called, i asked twice because it was a weird name, but when i got up i couldnt remember, i vaguely thought i should wake up at the time and right it down, oh well, im going to make the creature. maybe it will come to me or ill dream about it again. fell asleep watching a show on disney, im sure thats where it came from. it was shaped the way it was for steady gait so riders could do tricks on it or something.
have a great weekend all, see you in the game,

ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.

Last edited by Ro; 2007-06-02 at 1:44pm.
Old 2007-06-02, 7:13pm

Hot DAMN!

Figgy is playing?

WOOT, I think my blood pressure just blasted the charts!

Jo-jo
Old 2007-06-02, 7:57pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Adding you now Kimberly....welcome!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-06-03, 3:25am
Evil Glass Enabler

You would laugh, Nikki. I have made a 6 mm teardrop boro bead on the HH. I was testing a rod I found running around the bedroom. "Are you boro or are you soft glass?" "Ok, that's what I thought. You're boro." Thanks, Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
Sounds fun, jana, thanks for the invite.
Ummm... please don't show my baby beads next to Michael's, though, ok? They may cry...

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2007-06-03, 3:46am

Thanks for the invite - I will give it a whirl! I will be away for a week in June and maybe a week in July. This sounds like fun! Jill Hoblick
Old 2007-06-03, 7:23am

Angelique - I grabbed a bit of glass to take to Jim & Sheryll's last night (you know, with grownup torches?) and one rod of blue just looked weird... So of course I started making a goddess with it. Boro. (On Jim's torch, not a HotHead.) By the time I was done, I thought my hands were melting... Yikes! Pics of the teardrop one?

~:
~:

~:

Old 2007-06-03, 8:19am
Pyromaniac

I'm in too if it's not too late -- PMed you with my info, Jana.
Thanks, Lana
Old 2007-06-03, 8:47am
Evil Glass Enabler

Well, with Paul gone in Germany and the MU reallocating all the beads I've been making that's impossible right now but I'll see if I can get it back from her long enough to photograph it when Paul gets back. She tried cleaning the bead poop out of it and managed to crack the top of the teardrop after I took it off the mandrel is one of the reasons she got to have it. Ouch! Don't melt your hands off. *HUGS* Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
Angelique - I grabbed a bit of glass to take to Jim & Sheryll's last night (you know, with grownup torches?) and one rod of blue just looked weird... So of course I started making a goddess with it. Boro. (On Jim's torch, not a HotHead.) By the time I was done, I thought my hands were melting... Yikes! Pics of the teardrop one?

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2007-06-03, 1:59pm

Wink thanks anyway

I think I'll give myself a little more practice time. i am just learning pendants but I can do a decent bead now. Maybe next time.
Old 2007-06-04, 9:31am
ID10T Problem Solver

Lists are posted!

Lists were randomly drawn....sorry, not everyone could be on Fig's list!

I will be sending out my items I made with a baggie of ingredients this evening or first thing tomorrow morning to.....

List 1: Pipyr
List 2: Leanne
List 3: rusticstudio (Patty)
List 4: Sleekbeads (Jo)

***Scorpion (4 stud)***

Last edited by jana; 2007-06-05 at 11:18am.
Old 2007-06-04, 12:21pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

cool Kimberly's playing!!!

Old 2007-06-05, 4:47am
Melt That Glass

Hey Jana--I'm not seeing the lists...Where did they get posted. Jan

Knight Bullet, 2 cons and tanked
Old 2007-06-05, 6:03am
ID10T Problem Solver

They are here in the boro room....just not stickys.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-06-05, 10:53am

ok, I don't understand now. The 4 you have listed. Are these the ones that are starting the traveling Boro and they each have a recipient to send their's to? I only see the 4 in one list just below... ACK! this is my first T-Boro exchange so I'm not totally clear how the lists work. Yep, I've read in instructions but I only see one list... HEEELP!! LOL
Old 2007-06-05, 11:16am
ID10T Problem Solver

The people listed are each from a different list. I will be sending a package to each one of them. They will send to someone randomly drawn within their own list....sorry if I confused everyone!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-06-05, 5:21pm

ha ha ha! Not everyone.. Just me.... LOL Thanks. I got it now.
Old 2007-06-08, 4:10am
Evil Glass Enabler

OK, GF. Where am I? I thought you were going to add me? Just remember you have to send mine to me when Paul is home so I can access the big torches otherwise it's going to be a tinincy HH bead. Thank, Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
Sleekbeads (Jo)
slcuniques (Sandy)
isellrejer (Jerri)
Juln (Julian)
LeahBeads (Leah)
darcy
gwacie (Bethany)
Venessa
Kim V
Country Kid (Kare)
wendyki
Leanne
ammaws (Jan)
Kentaymom (Staci)
crystalflipz (Carol)
Playing with Fire Beads (Bonny)
skookum (Sherri)
e. mort (Eric)
NightCat (Ross)
whisperingbeads (Denise)
nagibeads (Denise)
fyrsmith (Don)
plauzon (Pat)
Three Muses Glass (Rebecca)
Laurie L.
Renee (Renee Sutton)
Sandree (Sandy)
DandLady (Lyn Richards)
Paul Ewing
Pipyr
Mary K
Renee Weaver
squid (Sigrid)
OverTheMoon (Val)
NLC Beads (aka The Sheep Goddess!)
Dogmaw (Jo)
BlueFlameArt (Chad Samson)
Honeybeads (Heather Samson)
burntfingers
rosebud101 (Mallory)
FiG (Michael Mangiafico)
rusticstudio (Patty)
Kalera
suzanne
Ro (Rosanne)
Sarabella (Sally)
meadowesky (Brandie)
ChristyPhelps
kimberly (Kim Affleck)
Jill Hoblick
ginkogal (Lana Chu)
tazzielou (Juli)
tiggybubba (Leslie Ford)
chrissann (Chris Webb)
beachglass (Dave)

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Old 2007-06-08, 8:49am
ID10T Problem Solver

I'm sorry Angel....I thought you were waiting to let me know....adding you now.

You are on list 2...all our lists are even now....I think.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***

Last edited by jana; 2007-06-08 at 8:53am.