Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-08-06, 9:54am

Default Twisties - what are your favourites

What are your favourite colour combinations for twisties?

and......

What base colour do they look good on?

Pictures would be great too
Old 2008-08-06, 1:16pm

and post the pics in my challenge in the game room please!!! weekly challenge 5th august - 19th! pleeeease!!! (sorry, dont want to hijack your thread!)

maytime, I'm working on some stuff with EDP and opaque turquoise, dont know how they look as twisties yet...

had some fun results with EDP, pea green and light red over white...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-08-06, 1:52pm

I made a kind of chocolate/caramel color one: paddle of dk. red-brown (special), do 3-4 stripes of SIS on one side, cover with dk. topaz, do 2-3 more stripes of SIS on top of that. on the other side, do opal yellow, then rubino. whether it looks more brown or more caramel depends on how much opal yellow you use and how much of it you cover. That's the only one I can think of that's pretty unique. Cool thread! - I've looked for a thread like this before, but never started one.

-Maria
Old 2008-08-06, 2:07pm

Hi

Thanks for you replies, I didn't know you had a challenge going on.... I'll take a peek at that in a mo.

Thanks Maria that sounds like a really nice combination - I have tried to make twisties with not much luck and need to PPP but I don't seen to be able to choose great colours LOL I have tried EDP, Opal Yellow and Copper Green that's about it really
Old 2008-08-06, 2:11pm

Madeline... that's a cool challenge - I might have a try
Old 2008-08-06, 2:20pm
Covered in glitter

rubino/copper green on opal yellow...my new fav.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-08-06, 2:24pm
Oooh...Sparkly!

It's going to sound funny, but just your basic white with dark gray makes really awesome clouds if you make dots with it. Especially if you twist and move them just a bit across the surface of the bead?

I like rainbow twisties - a clear paddle, white on the back, stripes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue and lavendar (whatever shades you feel like), and then another thin layer of clear, and it's a beautiful twistie!

Old 2008-08-06, 2:31pm

I saw a great mini tutorial on how to do a rainbow noodle, not a twistie but a stripey thing...I'll find it later. off to torch now...EDP and turquoise here I come!!

Madeline

Old 2008-08-06, 2:51pm
Cake for me too please

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
rubino/copper green on opal yellow...my new fav.
OOOOHhhh sounds pretty. Can we see a pic?
Old 2008-08-06, 3:34pm

Stripes of Turquoise over Leaky pen or ink blue.

Gt it off someone here (can't remember who though)

Old 2008-08-06, 4:16pm

gorgeous bead!!!! anybody got more pics??

Old 2008-08-06, 4:56pm

here tis

http://www.glassgirl.com/rainbowdemo.htm

Old 2008-08-06, 4:58pm

ok, didnt realise there'd been so many posts in between...the link is for a rainbow noodle demo, mini tutorial thing

Old 2008-08-06, 5:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytime View Post
Madeline... that's a cool challenge - I might have a try
please do...I will have pictures of my first go at using twisties interestingly tomorrow...maybe

Old 2008-08-06, 7:20pm

Here's a link to a whole thread with recipes. I've tried most of these.
http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...wisty+recipesI

I can't find the thread right now but there is one where Kimberly Affleck (who make the wonderful seahorses) shares her technique for making twisties. She makes a cone of base color (such as Opal Yellow) and then add fine stripes of other colors around the cone. Heat up and use a hot mandrel to pull and twist. If I can find the link it really had some great recipes in it. I used to have it bookmarked. I'll keep looking.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2008-08-07, 4:56am
Rose colored glasses…√

• Terra and Intense Black.
  • Practically any of the silver laden colors and clear.
  • Gaia and Nyx.
  • Turquoise and EDP.
  • Copper Green and EDP.
  • Copper Green, Opal Yellow and EDP.
  • Copper Green, Opal Yellow, Intense Black and EDP.
  • Rubino and Transparent Aqua over another transparent green that's been burnished with silver leaf.
  • Light ivory and Lauscha Cocoa.
  • Copper Green and Lauscha Cocoa.
  • Dark Pink and Lauscha Cocao.
  • Transparent Amethyst and EDP over coral.
  • Silver Cinnamon and Gaia.

I'm sure there are others.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2008-08-07, 5:10am
Who me?

Opaque Cobalt
Opaque Sage
Opaque Turquoise
Intense Black Stringer

Very Organic
Old 2008-08-07, 5:15pm

This is my favorite
Copper Green, Opal Yellow, Intense Black and EDP
I also use white with rubino...pink

Pandora, Biagi, Troll, and more, bead sets, and focals.

Old 2008-08-08, 7:20am
Old to LE, new to torch

My current favs are green/blue and ivory/brown

I work a graveyard shift, so if I don't answer posts/pms right away, it's because I'm sleeping, not being rude
Old 2008-08-08, 4:14pm

oh, also I was playing today with the twistie I mentioned (the caramel/chocolate one) and discovered that used over moretti dk. ivory, it turns purplish/bluish/greenish.

-Maria
Old 2008-08-08, 4:21pm

oooh....sounds yummy(in so many ways!)

Old 2008-08-08, 7:19pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

Okay now I am dying to make twisties again. I was using mine for the body of dragonflies.
I think I need to look at the recipies again and take a day to make some. Thanks for bringing this out!!!!
Michelle
www.sundoorbeads.com