Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-03-24, 2:58pm
Addicted to Melting Glass

Default Interested in a macro photography workshop in San Jose area?

I just took an awesome macro/jewelry/bead photography workshop last weekend in San Diego with Kyle Cassidy (www.kylecassidy.com), hosted by Kate McKinnon at Jay Whaley's metalsmithing studio. Kyle taught us how to get great macro shots by understanding the camera settings, even if you have a point and shoot (he prefers a digital SLR). The class is not aimed at trying to sell you a bunch of equipment, rather, to get better shots using the equipment you already have. I love that. We did shots using natural and artificial light, and got some great ones (see my blog).

Anyway, he is willing to travel anywhere that someone can get a bunch of interested students together, so I just wanted to put the word out, and gauge interest in the San Jose area, since I've found a venue there (it's in Los Gatos, actually).

So, register your interest in this thread, and I'll see if I can make this happen. I learned a lot in this class, and will be taking better bead and jewelry pictures in the future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-03-24, 4:07pm
just another glass addict

Hi Patty,
I'd be interested in this depending on the cost (I wish it didn't depend on that, but it does). It sounds like a useful class. Thanks
ETA: How long is the class?

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2010-03-24, 4:40pm
Addicted to Melting Glass

Hi Polly!

The one just offered in San Diego was $150 for a 1-day session, and $300 for the 2-day (included a day of working with models). I presume it would be a similar cost in our area.

Patty

Old 2010-03-25, 10:03am

I might be interested if it's in May or early June.
Old 2010-04-20, 11:29pm

I would be ... depending on the dates and cost.

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978