Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-07-31, 9:12am

Default I need 7-9 effetre clear that is NOT all scratched up!! Help

I am not having much luck with my last batch, it's like little tiny explosions all over, ugh!!! I need some 7-9 ASAP clear or super clear that is not visibly all scratched up other than the normal scratches that you always have. I have checked everyone and cannot find it so if anyone is holding on to some or has some, PLEASE let me know!! thanks so much,
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

steph
Old 2008-07-31, 12:37pm

I have 8 to 10 mm Lauscha Reformulated Clear. It will be on the website tonight or tomorrow. You are welcome to try just one rod if you need to see if it will work for you. It's hand pulled and not all scratched up. It's actually a decent batch and very 104 compatible.. Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-07-31, 3:07pm

thanks Paula, hold back 2 pounds if you have it and i will order it tonight. i am EST. i will check later on the site. thanks
steph
Old 2008-07-31, 3:56pm

Here you go Steph and at a great price just for you!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-07-31, 5:10pm

Oh Paula, i wanted effetre, not lauscha!!! You must have just misread my title for the thread. I wish i had luck with lauscha but i have tried everything and to no avail, even have trouble with the colors that should not crack. i spent a good two months trying to have success but i just don't that is why i am using effetre, and vetrofond i have tried three times and it was scummy the last time i got it. thanks anyway Paula!!
steph
Old 2008-07-31, 5:24pm

I didn't misread it. I was offering you an approximate size in the NEW Reformulated Lauscha Clear which doesn't crack! At least no one has made it crack yet and every one is trying really hard to!!!! Many are using it with silver colors too!

Paula

p.s. I don't have effetre. Sorry!

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-07-31, 8:47pm

Oops Paula, sorry! I found the effetre i was looking for. i am still a little leary of the new lauscha as well. I have lost a lot of money in that glass and still have a lot sitting down there that cracks if i look at it, i have whip lash just from trying to duck everytime it flys around, lol!! I worked with the gal from lauscha for 2 months doing everything possible. i never have had any cracks in any of my beads with moretti and just last week i came upon a lauscha rod that was stuck in my moretti and when i was torching i thought to myself, "hey, this is a pretty beautiful clear rod of moretti", and when i opened up the kiln, 4 out of the 7 beads i made with it cracked, and believe me, my kiln is hot enough and i tend to put my beads in a little hotter due to that fact and they still cracked. I thought "oh my gosh, it has to be a lauscha rod, #@*$!!!! thanks anyway! If you send me one, i will definately try it and maybe i will be a believer and have to buy some from you.

steph
Old 2008-07-31, 9:09pm

Sounds like you got that bad batch that was out awhile ago. That should go back to your dealer! I'd be happy to send you a rod to try. Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-08-03, 1:12am
kindasorta Spring almost

Quote:
Oops Paula, sorry! I found the effetre i was looking for. i am still a little leary of the new lauscha as well. I have lost a lot of money in that glass and still have a lot sitting down there that cracks if i look at it, i have whip lash just from trying to duck everytime it flys around, lol!! I worked with the gal from lauscha for 2 months doing everything possible. i never have had any cracks in any of my beads with moretti and just last week i came upon a lauscha rod that was stuck in my moretti and when i was torching i thought to myself, "hey, this is a pretty beautiful clear rod of moretti", and when i opened up the kiln, 4 out of the 7 beads i made with it cracked, and believe me, my kiln is hot enough and i tend to put my beads in a little hotter due to that fact and they still cracked. I thought "oh my gosh, it has to be a lauscha rod, #@*$!!!! thanks anyway! If you send me one, i will definately try it and maybe i will be a believer and have to buy some from you.

steph
It works for me... It's impossible to reproduce the way that someone else works, or I would just stick up a precise chart listing everything that I do from when I brush my teeth in the morning until I go to bed at night. The fact is that I encase everything, and I mean everything without any cracking. There was one alabastro that I could not encase. But I even encased all the Moretti reds in testing.

But whatever it is, I must be doing something different. I wonder if altitude can make a difference. I have no idea what it is.

The only thing that I do that a lot of other people don't do, is that I do not turn my kiln off after working. I do the first ramp down, and then even bring it down very slowly after the first ramp down, to room temperature. That whole "turning the kiln off" thing does not consistently work when the beads are bigger than 1 centimeter. For folks in the US, that's about 3/8ths of an inch. That is really really tiny.

Steph - you are so sweet to call me the gal from Lauscha.
It's nice because over the last 2 wonderful years, it has become true. The people here have just embraced me and welcomed me, and I am definitely home here.
I just wish more of you guys would come visit me. That goes for you too, Paula. We have an itinerary all ready for your eventual visit that we keep hoping for.

Anyways, the kiln thing, or altitude are about the only things I can think of. I will be posting the italian encasing tests really soon.

xoxoxoxoxo, Carol Anne

If I am remembering correctly, Steph and I both had problems encasing clear with caramello, because we were both trying to save our carmello.
I have now encased clear with the new batch of caramello successfully.

Last edited by carolanne; 2008-08-03 at 1:24am.
Old 2008-08-04, 5:34pm

Oooh. Now I sort of remember your thread Stef. Weren't you using clear that's 4 years old or something?? The formula's really have changed! Lauscha Clear has always been compatible with Lasucha colors but now it rocks with everything else too. I have a counter top of uglies that are Silver Laden colors encased with the new clear. I made them last November and they are still in one piece. All are big too.

Anyway...CA I'd love to visit Germany. Please send me a ticket and some money...

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-08-04, 6:23pm

Paula,
this last batch was from 2006 that i got from glass daddy and it has cracked with everything it touches, even all of the lauscha colors. I am excited to get the rod though so you can make me a believer again!!!! if so, i will be all over it, tired of scum and picking all the time. thanks for sending me a rod. i will definately update when i use it after i get it.
peace,
steph
Old 2008-08-04, 6:39pm

Quote:
Paula,
this last batch was from 2006 that i got from glass daddy and it has cracked with everything it touches, even all of the lauscha colors. I am excited to get the rod though so you can make me a believer again!!!! if so, i will be all over it, tired of scum and picking all the time. thanks for sending me a rod. i will definately update when i use it after i get it.
peace,
steph

OUCH Stef!!

Ouch! The thought of a bead cracking just makes my insides hurt!!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-08-05, 7:28am
aka Spawn Of Flame

Paula made me a believer. She sent me a rod with one of my orders, and I had to turn around and order some...

It is a beautiful clear, and I haven't had a bead crack yet. I do garage at around 970, and have a slow ramp down. I have TWO batches of old Lauscha that cracked almost always, and I swore off the stuff.

--
--
--

Old 2008-08-07, 12:25pm
Carpe beadum

Paula, You are such a sweetie! This thread has convinced me to try it and I'll be buying from Paula. Great customer service is EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 2008-08-07, 5:04pm

Thank You Carolyn and Rose!!

I got snowed with orders this week and am still looking at Stephanie's rod in my pile of things to do so hopefully I can get it out to her tomorrow..

Paula

Like US on Facebook !