Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-10-29, 5:57pm

Red face Canadian Shipping

Hi
I am trying to find out what vendors ship to Canada? Can anyone help.
Thanks
Penny
Old 2008-10-29, 6:32pm

I ship to Canada as well as alot of other vendors here. I don't think there's anyone who doesn't
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-29, 6:34pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I would be specific if I were you, Penny - from what I have read, you REALLY want vendors that ship USPS, NOT UPS - the fees with UPS are really high.

I am betting Reenie ships USPS if you want her to
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-29, 7:10pm

I only use USPS because they seem to make my packages arrive in one piece

So far it works for me. But I'll ship any way anyone needs it. Flat rate is available upon request too but I will NOT try and stuff 8 or 9 lbs in a flat rate box.
(Yes I do worry about my orders getting their safe lol)

Old 2008-10-29, 7:11pm

Oh and thanks Squid

Old 2008-10-29, 7:12pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-29, 7:45pm
Life is change. Love it

Penny there are a ton of Canadian vendors. You don't have to pay huge customs fees if you order from them. I use Artistry in Glass Lauscha Lady and Nortel, but there are definitely vendors in the Vancouver area.

Old 2008-10-29, 9:53pm
OBA-Official Bead Addict

Quote:
Hi
Thanks
Penny
I live in the Steveston area of Richmond and I order from Artistry in Glass and I shop in person at Sunlight Art Glass in Surrey.

For sterling silver findings I use Artbeads.com even though they are in the states, they ship for $1.00. I try and keep my purchase under $20.00 US so I don't have to pay any duty. I also buy alot of my findings on Etsy.com.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Janet

Old 2008-10-29, 11:12pm
Ghost Town Glass

Actually, there are a number of sellers on LE who will not ship to Canada.

UPS is a guaranteed recipe for ridiculous brokerage fees.

As Carolyn said, there are a lot of Canadian vendors. It all depends on what you need. There are 3 gem/jewelry supply places in Vancouver alone, 3 glass places etc. I get my silver from Ands Canada, and also Imperial Smelting. There are definitely some things you can't get, but it is worth checking what is local/in Canada first

I have had packages for $22 stopped and charged for and some for over $150 come through with no problem. You can just never tell!

Old 2008-10-30, 2:14am

Thumbs up Shipping

Hi
I've been to Lynne's in Surrey. That is where I bought my beginners kit and my HotHead to start lampworking. But I had a car then and better health.Also to get to her shop it's 4 different buses, and me and buses don't like each other. I have found most of the time it is less money to buy from the US. As long as I am not getting parcels via Fedex or any of those delivery companys. Over the years of purchasing across the line there has been 2 missing parcels and one order of glass that was in itty bitty chunks. But the rods had just been thrown in a tube loose
. But all in all is the shipping takes awhile longer and I have grown more patient. I do now have a list of Canadian vendors thanks to a couple of ladies here. Thank you all for your help. I think I hear my bed calling me so good nite eveyone. One mre thing, I bought a steel ring mandrell off ebay. Two months goes by and still no package. The seller assured me she mailed it. I beleived her she had awesome feedback and had been on ebay as a seller for a long time.Then starting on the third month of no parcel I get a call from the police , post office and customs. It ended up being held at the border, customs thought it was a weapon lol!
Penny

Last edited by penny5658; 2008-10-30 at 2:21am. Reason: Had to add something.
Old 2008-10-30, 4:06am

Hi Penny - I also ship to Canada.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2008-10-30, 5:13am
no more

Cool ABR -Canada

Heya Folks!

We ship almost everyday to Canada! Bill the guy behind the phone will get it out to you ASAP!!!

Cody Sexton - ABR
Old 2008-10-30, 8:05am
Curmudgeon

With 25 years extensive experience shipping both directions, I offer the following:

Freight Costs
FedEx, UPS, and Post are pretty much identical cost. The differences aren't in the carrier choosen, but the service selected. You can get cheap slow or expensive quick with any of them.

Brokerage Fees
UPS is horrific. FedEx about half that. Post can be free (if invoice total under $300) but you can't assume they won't ask you to clear customs. If so, it can become extremely complicated if you're not experienced with customs clearnance or relatively expensive if you have to hire a customs broker. If you have the goods shipped to a US location (many Vancouverites have it sent to someplace in Blaine WA and go pick it up there) you can bring the goods into Canada yourself and do your own customs clearnance. It takes about 10 minutes to do tha paperwork on the computer on the counter at Canada Customs.

Reliability
Courier is more reliable the post. Always.

Speed
How long it takes depends entirely on the service ordered and paid for.

Damage
If you receive goods damaged in transit, don't blame the carrier - blame the shipper. Anything can be safely packed so it won't be damaged. ANYTHING.

Delays
If you have any problems of any kind, in either direction, the problem is almost ALWAYS with customs. Canada Customs believes almost all shipments coming in are smuggling guns. US Customs believes almost all shipments coming are smuggling drugs.

DeBrady Glassworks
- - Glass Campus
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan
Old 2008-10-30, 11:56am

Flamedame ships to Canada too. I always use USPS and Flat Rate Boxes when possible.
It's not as expensive going from the U.S. to Canada as from Canada to the U.S.
At least not in my experience. Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-10-30, 3:02pm
Moving On

I ship USPS to Canada too!-Gail

Old 2008-10-30, 6:37pm

I do! I ship anywhere on this globe! LOL I Use the US Post Office, UPS kills ANY package I send OR recieve!

I carry, Twisties (custom made for you) Mandrels (inclluding 5/32, 5/64 and 1/8 ,) Foster Fire bead release, Beading Mats and lots of other goodies!
You can find most of my goodies here:

and my Etsy store (yes I'll combine shipping and will refund if PAYPAL overcharges)

Let me know if I can help you!
Hugs
Lynnie (Pam for mom)

Quote:
Hi
Thanks
Penny

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:

Last edited by danelady; 2008-10-30 at 7:38pm.
Old 2008-10-30, 7:24pm

I ship to Canada fairly often. The site will tally shipping for you and if I can fit it in a flat rate I will refund the difference.

Looks like lots of good choices!
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2008-11-05, 4:59pm

Quote:
Penny there are a ton of Canadian vendors. You don't have to pay huge customs fees if you order from them. I use Artistry in Glass Lauscha Lady and Nortel, but there are definitely vendors in the Vancouver area.
Andrighetti glass is in Vancouver BC. She carries our TAG 104 line as well as some of our boro. And she's a sweetie!

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2008-11-05, 6:17pm

Smile Canadian Shipping

Hi
Well I am suprised at how many of you ship to Canada. I am slowly but surely going and checking out eveyones prices and more important the shipping and handling costs.
I don't mind paying reasonable rates but I get p'd off when I want to order something and I get charged $20.00 for S&H handling when the item should be a lot cheaper.I have been buying off the Garage and find people are very fair with S&H. When I find a vendor I like and is fair I will stick with that person to the end!
So I will keep checking out vendors and see whats out there.
Thank you eveyone for your help. I appreciate it very much.
Bye For Now
Penny