Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-12-18, 8:30am

we have said our piece.

happy holidays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-12-18, 8:45am
Trying to Hope!

Now I have seen the issues with Abr pop up here and there and I have ordered once or twice. I had a small slight problem with the compatibility of some shorts I ordered. Which were already at an awesome price. Rosss came on the phone with me and fixed the problem immediatley. It was with a future credit on my next order because it was a small amount. If it were anymore then 10.00 then I might have been a little miffed by this. And I understand How Luna is feeling
I havent ordered again because I havent had the money to order anywhere but if I did have money I would certainly give him another shot. Now all I need is the magic money fairy to help me out so I can move out and start ordering glass again
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy

Last edited by Wendyki; 2008-12-18 at 8:51am. Reason: wanted to make it a tad clearer
Old 2008-12-18, 8:47am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
we have said our piece.

happy holidays
Not much of a response really. You blew a chance to get some good PR by admitting you were wrong in how you handled her order - and you were.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-12-18, 9:00am

i am not so sure that we did but i appriciate your opinion

Old 2008-12-18, 9:21am

Wendy, when you find the "Magic Money Fairy" ... could you forward his/her contact information to me
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-18, 9:34am
Trying to Hope!

Sure thing Barry

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2008-12-18, 9:47am

I'm not meaning to be snotty, but it seems as if issues are dealt with differently if it is a small order or early in the business relationship. That may account for how some have such glowing reports and others have mixed experiences.

That saddens me as a customer because I am a small customer but my experience with out of stock items was that it was offered as ordered at a later time. (But as I said, I have decided I won't buy more and pay shipping for another order just to get what I wanted the first time.) There is such a big hit for the first part of the order. Adding glass on isn't as expensive. So sure, it looks expensive for ABR to incur, but it is just as expensive for me.

Luna, I'm sorry you've had a run around. I think it is a slippery slope to use words like first time customers, small orders, fraudulent and regular customers. I get the feeling from lots of threads that regular customers get lots of perks (or the walk ins, big customers, big names, etc) and the occasional customer well they don't seem to account for enough of the bottom line to get the same treatment.

As long as expectations are the same on both sides, no one should be upset. There is surely a vendor for every consumer.
Old 2008-12-18, 10:23am
Critter Mom

When I ship UPS damages are automatically covered up to $100. I have had a couple of claims filed and had absolutely no problem with UPS and my customer was immediately reimbursed, I did not wait till UPS paid me.

If I ordered anything, small order or big order, and it was damaged and the vendor offered to replace it on my NEXT order that would be it for me. I'd never use that vendor again.

Treating first time customers with less respect and consideration than your regular customes dosn't make any since to me. Those first time customers are potential "regular" customers if you treat them right. And of course you don't know what kind of customer they are until you've developed a business relationship with them...you can't do that by treating them like their order isn't worth your time.

Just my opinion...and Just Nancy, I'm glad to see that someone else got the "out of stock reorder later" reply and it wasn't just me. Luna, I feel for your situation and completely understand your anger at being treated like your $60 order wasn't important and I imagine you probably are getting a lot of support in PM's.

Old 2008-12-18, 11:20am

The irony is that I wasn't looking for support--I'm just SHOCKED at how many people I'm getting PM'd by who had similar experiences but were afraid to post due to the "might get flamed" syndrome or the "but everyone else loves ABR & no one else has problems" syndrome.
I'm *not* afraid to speak up (shocker that, huh?), and probably should have done so earlier--and for that I'm sorry--my apologies to anyone who has ordered & gotten the same treatment AFTER I did. I apologise for holding back my own experience from the forum as long as I did.
~luna

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-12-18, 12:50pm

"but everyone else loves ABR & no one else has problems" syndrome."

we are still here i do not think that this is a syndrome!

One experience is hardly indiciative of an entire business

if you would only give us a chance to redeem our selves we could move forward

i am at a complete loss for words we have offered to fix the problem, that is all we are able to do

we do not prioritize customers, we only attempted to explain why we iniatially set in place our policy of settling up in the future. We also explained we are willing to adjust our policy and procedures when it is justified.

Old 2008-12-19, 8:38am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

As a potential repeat customer, the responses that I am reading from the seller are making me back away.

Obviously Ross, you are happy with your responses, that is fine. But as a money-spending potential customer I can tell you that my gut feeling is that I do not want to do business with a company that appears to dismiss their customers.

JMHO. Not that it matters since you can choose who does business with you, as you said.

Old 2008-12-19, 11:38am

I
ABR.

Their sales are fantastic (and frequent!).

Their efforts to expand their product lines are brilliant, including the latest addition of some pretty cool and economical tools made especially for lampworkers.

Their terms are very reasonable.

Their shipping turnaround is lightning quick.

Their prices are the best around.

Their customer service and availability is above and beyond.

Based on the feedback in this post (and others), where so many have sung their praises, I'm kind of surprised that anyone would deny him or her self these advantages after one unfortunate experience. (I mean no disrespect to previous posters in this thread by that statement.)

I'm saddened by how nasty this thread has become. There is no better answer than to work with ABR in the spirit of reconciliation.

Last edited by LampworkbyLori; 2008-12-19 at 11:52am.
Old 2008-12-19, 11:58am

Quote:
I
ABR.

Their sales are fantastic (and frequent!).

Their efforts to expand their product lines are brilliant, including the latest addition of some pretty cool and economical tools made especially for lampworkers.

Their terms are very reasonable.

Their shipping turnaround is lightning quick.

Their prices are the best around.

Their customer service and availability is above and beyond.

Based on the feedback in this post (and others), where so many have sung their praises, I'm kind of surprised that anyone would deny him or her self these advantages after one unfortunate experience. (I mean no disrespect to previous posters in this thread by that statement.)

I'm saddened by how nasty this thread has become. There is no better answer than to work with ABR in the spirit of reconciliation.

Um, from what I've been reading, ABR has NOT offered Lunamoonshadow ANYTHING by way of reconciliation. Being told they will "make it up to her on her NEXT order" did NOT fix the problem.

I may not be posting in this thread but I HAVE been reading. Attitudes CAN and DO affect where I spend my hard earned money.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:12pm

just let it die Sue...really. It's all good. I got my glass elsewhere--it came perfect & to the RIGHT address. No one was "snarky" at me & told me to "fill out my order right next time" after not actually *reading* my email. I'm ok with it. Seriously. I'll shop where "first time small orders" aren't automatically considered to be "fraudulent" if there's a problem with them
I'm thrilled for those who get good service WHERE & WHEN they get it. I'm NOT a "phone person", nor am I one who places BIG or frequent orders (my budget doesn't allow for that) so I'll shop where any issues I have get resolved properly & professionally by email.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-12-19, 4:26pm
Critter Mom

I agree with you completely Pierces and rather than continue to put up with problems I've just gone ahead and removed myself from their mailing list. There are just soooo many wonderful companies out there that value every customer, it's just not worth all the hassels and worries when you do have problems with an order. It's the easiest resolution from my perspective.

Quote:
As a potential repeat customer, the responses that I am reading from the seller are making me back away.

Obviously Ross, you are happy with your responses, that is fine. But as a money-spending potential customer I can tell you that my gut feeling is that I do not want to do business with a company that appears to dismiss their customers.

JMHO. Not that it matters since you can choose who does business with you, as you said.

Old 2008-12-20, 9:36am

Lori, with all due respect, not everyone has had just one bad experience. I've had the back order issue more than once. So I order glass and there is a $10+ shipping charge to get the back order here. As long as people know that, it is all good. But I don't really see it as a resolution. For people ordering monthly or something, they could just add on the next order. For occasional orders it really adds to the shipping. Like Luna, I've gotten some pms too. So she's not the only one.

I think many vendors prefer larger customers to keep their bottom line consistent and the occasional orders are just added income. If I were in business I'd probably feel the same way. I get that, but don't really like hearing that smal orders, new orders, etc are suspect and may get different treatment. (And I don't recall anyone other than Ross actually saying it.) Like Debbie that kind of puts me off.

There have been things that were really good, but there have been things that were at best marginal. I don't think it is being nasty to let others know they aren't the only ones with mixed feelings.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2008-12-20 at 9:40am.
Old 2008-12-23, 7:45am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

There will always be those who have bad experiences with one vendor or another and just as many if not more who have had excellence service with the same vendors. I have had problems with a few vendors but I am a "3 strikes your out" kind of person and rarely have I had the same bad experience the second time around with any vendor. It is a shame your experience was tainted so badly.
Old 2008-12-23, 8:16pm

Quote:
There will always be those who have bad experiences with one vendor or another and just as many if not more who have had excellence service with the same vendors. I have had problems with a few vendors but I am a "3 strikes your out" kind of person and rarely have I had the same bad experience the second time around with any vendor. It is a shame your experience was tainted so badly.
Perhaps IF I shopped more than once every 3 or 4 months for glass &/or supplies & had a bigger budget to throw around & cash to spare I'd not be as fussy. Perhaps if I wasn't in the career I'm in the same would also hold true.
Then again, maybe not.
All I know is, when things go bad, then escalate from bad to worse, I tend to go back to where I know I'll have GOOD experiences the next time, rather than risk another repeat performance! (kinda like with employees--you don't reward bad behavior by paying 'em more, you write it up, then you terminate 'em!)
~L

Old 2008-12-30, 6:55am

I have had problems with ABR and will probably not be doing buisness again with them. I've done a lot of ordering from a lot of vendors but NEVER had the problems I've had from ABR. I finally got my $ money back by making a request though PAYPAL.

I've never had such poor customer service. Glass is glass and there are plenty of vendors out there that are kind, courteous ans accomodating. I don't need to waste precious time on this one.

-E
Old 2008-12-30, 8:03am
DSDWC

OK!! I usually don’t get involved in threads like this but I just can’t stand it anymore.
ABR Imagery is my vender of choice for 90% of my supplies. They have on several occasions gone well above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I was happy with my purchase. I have been known to email Ross several times asking questions, comparing and such before I finally make up my mind and he is always there ready to help. Sometimes even after hours from his Blackberry.
There product line is incredible. They carry everything!! Its one stop shopping.
I find them to be kind and courteous, very knowledgeable about the products they sell, and to have the fastest shipping anywhere. I can have next day service if I order early in the morning. What that tells me is they pack and ship as soon as they receive the order.
My recommendation does not come easily as I have many people asking for it. I am very careful about who receives it as it reflects upon me.
I can say without a doubt that I recommend ABR Imagery for all your glass needs.

Old 2008-12-30, 11:06am
Cali4nia baby

Good for you .... I'm sure you get discounts and extras since your so well known and place such big orders too. Get real .....
Old 2008-12-30, 12:02pm
DSDWC

Quote:
Good for you .... I'm sure you get discounts and extras since your so well known and place such big orders too. Get real .....
Very assuming and a bit on the insulting side.

You know when I recommend a vendor or tool I really have to believe in it as it will reflect upon me if my words do not hold true.

Old 2008-12-30, 1:07pm
Entropy increasing....

Quote:

Luna, I'm sorry you've had a run around. I think it is a slippery slope to use words like first time customers, small orders, fraudulent and regular customers. I get the feeling from lots of threads that regular customers get lots of perks (or the walk ins, big customers, big names, etc) and the occasional customer well they don't seem to account for enough of the bottom line to get the same treatment.
Don't we all give our "regular" bead customers perks? An extra bead here, free shipping on something, give a better price on something?

Everyone does that. It's part of business.
Old 2008-12-30, 2:45pm

Omg

This Is Why People Don't Post

Old 2008-12-30, 4:00pm

I just wanted to add that I have had very few issues with ABR imagery, and all of those issues were taken care of promptly and politely with one phone call. For example ABR once sent NS Midnight instead of NS Turbo cobalt, they promptly sent me the correct color and didn't pester me when I took almost a month to send the other glass back to them. All I had to do was slap the UPS sticker on the box and give it to the guy in the brown van.

I buy the majority of my supplies through ABR, and will continue to do so.

Eric

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-12-30, 4:46pm
Mandrel Slayer

I have to get behind ABR as well. I called because I needed something out of stock shipped in time for the Gathering and they even had their supplier drop ship it so I could get it on time.

I hate to call vendors but sometimes a phone call makes all the difference.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-12-30, 8:58pm

Quote:
That was very rude and uncalled for.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2008-12-30, 10:44pm

Very Uncool.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kym; 2008-12-31 at 5:50am.
Old 2008-12-30, 10:49pm

Well now I and the first to spout off if I am unhappy but I must say I was very impressed with ABR. Not only did they get the order right (which has been a problem with another large supplier who shall remain nameless) but I got the order in 2 days (which is about 5 times as fast as the other unnamed supplier). This may be do to them being in the midwest too,of course. Thanks Ross great service.

Old 2008-12-31, 5:15am
Logan's mommy

I'm a very small customer. In fact I've only ordered from them twice so far and they've gone above and beyond for me. I really haven't had an issue and found them to be very pleasant and helpful when I was on the phone with them. I'd hate to see a few bad experiences spoil it for everyone. We all have our "off" days.