Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-03-04, 8:20am

Default Show lighting

What type of lighting do people use? The industrial workbench goose-neck lamps? Track lighting? Floors lamps? I've heard (I forgot who) actually used the lamp(s) from their hotel room last year at the Gathering. I know someone here on LE has also designed a special lighting system but I've forgotten who it is. I've also experienced first hand that some halogen lighting can be waaaayyy too bright.

Thanks in advance

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-03-04, 8:25am
Now part of the Dark Side

I got a set of these.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_696-24994-HT...ccent+lighting

I need to fabricate some better stands but they work great, and they will run off of 12V DC. I set them to white and not color cycle. They make the glass all sparkly.
Old 2013-03-04, 9:03am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Duane, we're definitely on the same wavelength! I've been collecting lights out of my storage and trying to figure out how I'd use them.

L-111

Old 2013-03-04, 9:28am
just another glass addict

It's CaberLights!! I saw an ad here on LE and got the Mantis System. They are excellent for me!!! They set up super super easy and I can use them to hang a lot of my work. Bonus is they aren't expensive either!! I couldn't be happier with this system and I'm glad to tell people about it because the people I got it from were also really cool. They are also easy to pack up and store. I can't recommend them enough!!!

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2013-03-04, 9:31am
Glass Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonart glass View Post
It's CaberLights!! I saw an ad here on LE and got the Mantis System. They are excellent for me!!! They set up super super easy and I can use them to hang a lot of my work. Bonus is they aren't expensive either!! I couldn't be happier with this system and I'm glad to tell people about it because the people I got it from were also really cool. They are also easy to pack up and store. I can't recommend them enough!!!

I have this setup too along with the 30-LED "Ladybug" lights also made by CaberLights. Fantastic lighting systems, easy to use, set up and fit into your luggage when going to a show. And when not at a show, the LED lights are great for extra light in the studio and photography setup for taking pics of beads

I would highly recommend all of the CaberLight systems!!

Old 2013-03-04, 10:43am

Thanks so much Polly and Joy! I was thinking of Caberlights but couldn't for the life remember what they were called! Evelyn pm'd me earlier and told me its her husband's creation! So I'm definitely leaning in that direction!

Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilegoddess View Post
I have this setup too along with the 30-LED "Ladybug" lights also made by CaberLights. Fantastic lighting systems, easy to use, set up and fit into your luggage when going to a show. And when not at a show, the LED lights are great for extra light in the studio and photography setup for taking pics of beads

I would highly recommend all of the CaberLight systems!!

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-03-05, 9:07am

Third vote for CaberLights. I was using clamp on gooseneck desk lamps until I "upgraded". I'm so glad I did ... for all the reasons mentioned above. I love my Mantis system.

Old 2013-03-05, 6:26pm
Gay rights R human rights

it looks great but shipping to canada is $55. Ouch. Im going to research getting the parts myself but this does look good and convenient as well.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2013-03-06, 7:25pm
I ate a big red candle!

I use three of these to light up my table
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vision-Max...ndingMethod=rr

I'm sure there are better options, but for something quick and cheap they look nice.

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2013-03-06, 7:59pm
Sheila Davis Designs

I have 2 of those too Heather but mine are white, I got them at Office Depot.

Old 2013-03-06, 8:37pm

Ooh, thank you! I was just starting my search for new lights and saw this thread. Trying out the Mantis for the spring shows soon.

Ginko Beads
Old 2013-03-06, 9:32pm
Dakine glass man

I use the Lowell tota light 750 watt and out it on the impact booming stand. 1 light gives you coverage for about 10' of booth space. I use two and never have a dead spot in my 14' of display.

Lampwork by John Lindquist