Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2013-05-30, 8:25pm

Default My glow in the dark beads for BOC/Legacy Beads

Hello everyone!

I have been working (when I can) on beads for those kiddos. What do you think? They all glow and are part of a set. Proton beads are making their way into the world!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check them out here :

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks!
Old 2013-05-31, 12:27am
Evil Glass Enabler

The kids will love them! Go you!
Angelique

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2013-05-31, 5:20am
Echo's Mother

Those are really cool. May I ask where you bought the glow in the dark glass? I would like to make some Halloween beads.
Old 2013-05-31, 5:26am
Dianne Gleaton

Default Gold fuming

I am trying to figure out what grade of gold I need to buy in solid, not foil form, from rio grande or anywhere else someone recommends. Please help this newbie. TIA, Dianne
Old 2013-05-31, 6:18am
Ooh - I could use that!

Those are great! The kids will be able to look at their beads in the dark.
Old 2013-05-31, 6:21am
Lampworkaholic!

Lovely BOC beads!

Quote:
I am trying to figure out what grade of gold I need to buy in solid, not foil form, from rio grande or anywhere else someone recommends. Please help this newbie. TIA, Dianne
Diane you may want to move this to Tips and Techniques, but you need very pure gold, 23-24K.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-05-31, 6:25am
Loving learning

Wonderful!
And just an FYI in case you aren't aware (or anyone else) I believe they like a note with them that they are glow-in-the-dark.
Old 2013-05-31, 3:21pm
Senior Moment

BoxE: not sure where belliot came across the glow in the dark glass, but you can get glow in the dark rods (and frit) on etsy here:

HTH
Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-05-31, 4:07pm
Echo's Mother

Thank you Alli. I thought it only came in 1 color - white. How fun. GlowJoe here I come.
Old 2013-06-02, 9:57pm

Default Yep!

I get my glass from GlowJoe- he makes the best stuff! All the colors you see are ones I got from the "odds and ends" listing.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I won't be stopping anytime soon. I absolutely love to hand these out to kids when I am back at St. Jude. (I'm headed back for my 18 month post-treatment checkup on June 30th! Hopefully the tumor will have shrunk more or it will be gone!!!)
Old 2013-06-03, 4:08am

I'm knowing for you that they won't see anything wrong @ your checkup! Know you are perfect.
Best,
ginger
Old 2013-06-03, 6:33pm
Echo's Mother

Just ordered some GlowJoe. Best of luck with your check- up. I'm sure the kids love the beads you bring them.
Old 2013-06-04, 6:54pm

Hey, Belliott18 - that is a GREAT gift - if you have a place to contribute, I'd be happy to help support you and your gifts! THAT'S AWESOME! Sandy
Old 2013-06-05, 8:37am

Default of course

Quote:
Hey, Belliott18 - that is a GREAT gift - if you have a place to contribute, I'd be happy to help support you and your gifts! THAT'S AWESOME! Sandy
Hey Sandy!
Thanks for your interest. I have been making these for more than a year now and I absolutely love to go over to my bead buddy's house and make them. I love that you have already supported me by liking them! I donate them to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital when I go back there for my checkups. It is an absolutely amazing hospital and I have always been treated like my life matters there. If you would like to support in some other way then check out bethfightsback.com or message me through lampworketc. Thanks again! Beth