No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-11-11, 2:46pm
Naysayer

Default Organizing Tutorials

What are ways you guys use to organize and 'preserve' tutorials?
I think I have a laminator, but is that economical. Mine always seem to get some sort of water on them and then the print is gone
Old 2016-11-11, 4:16pm
FatCat Mama

If you have all or even some of them only on your computer, please back them up onto a flash drive or wherever magical place. I lost my computer, and lost literally hundreds of dollars in tutorials. I know that really doesn't answer your question, but I had to get that out here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2016-11-11, 4:53pm
Slogan Challenged...

I back all of mine up online, and use a tablet if I need to look at it while I work.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2016-11-11, 7:52pm
It's all about the color.

Mine are on my iPad and on my computer. I'm about to back up the computer files on a 4T external drive.

I tried printing them out, but I have WAY too many to keep up with that anymore. I can't even begin to imagine laminating them all. If yours are printed out, you could try just putting the ones that are currently in use in page protectors and then switch those out as you go on to other tutorials - just keep them in a binder when they're not in use.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2016-11-11, 8:42pm
Dix Harrison

I have electronic back up on DropBox.

They are also saved in iCloud.
Old 2016-11-12, 2:39am
what's a senior moment ?

I learned long ago that one needs to save these tuts using several methods other than printing. I have two huge spiral notebooks full of tuts - paid for and freebies. Printed them up then put each entire tutorial in a plastic see thru sleeve. Not the individual sheets of paper. Now, I print nothing up. Tuts are stored - on my computer, sent to a second online email server, copied to an external drive (as is everything on my computer), copied to cd's AND copied to flash drives. Yeah, over done I'm sure but they are there when needed. I have my reasons for each method. lol !

Old 2016-11-13, 3:12am
Naysayer

Why did I not think of the plastic sleeves? ahahaa. That will be perfect.

And yes, back up!
thanks