Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-06-10, 11:52pm

lovin the plasma..hope it goes well for ya!!!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!

Last edited by hagstromartglass; 2009-06-11 at 12:16am.
Old 2009-06-11, 4:25am

I love the blown lentil - gorgeous colors. And Kim V - the pastel green implosion flower is really lovely - again loving those colors.

Here is a "Becoming Bicone". I used spring luster and blue amber purple - both colors that I have really not liked in the past because for me they ususally just sit there and do nothing. But this time - they woke up and I'm likin' them... And a "Bluefishing" lentil.

Sandy

Old 2009-06-11, 4:36am

oops - hit the wrong image. here are two versions of the bluefishing lentil.

Sandy

Old 2009-06-12, 3:55am

Thanks, Stephen!
Sandy, thank you and I LOVE the Becoming Bicone!!

Going through some pictures on the computer and thought I'd share a couple of my glass locks with you.

Last edited by Kim V; 2009-06-12 at 3:55am. Reason: Spelling
Old 2009-06-12, 4:00am

OMG...those lights!!!! As we'd say here in RI, Wicked nice!
Greg, interesting!
The barometers are unique, I like them!!
SteveandErin, fantastic hearts! Love the colors you get!!!

Old 2009-06-12, 8:19am
Pyromaniac

Lots of awesome stuff in here. I love the creativity. Never thought of barometers but I guess we can do them after all! What a great idea! That plasma jelly is... wicked. Really neat! Kim, I think that heart loop is really cool too...

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2009-06-12, 2:42pm

a couple more
Attached Images

Old 2009-06-13, 5:45pm
No Problem!

Nice show peeps! Keep it comin'!
Here's a grip of new ones from me. I've been going in so many different directions lately and I love it! I have so many other new projects that I can't wait to share.

I have a couple tabular blown beadies in the mix too..great minds eh Stephen?

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-06-13, 11:13pm

Nice B..did you finish the Babys room?

Old 2009-06-14, 8:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingBeau View Post
Nice show peeps! Keep it comin'!
Here's a grip of new ones from me. I've been going in so many different directions lately and I love it! I have so many other new projects that I can't wait to share.

I have a couple tabular blown beadies in the mix too..great minds eh Stephen?

what color is the 'pink' one?
beautiful work
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-06-14, 12:27pm
No Problem!

Almost there Stephen, hard to know when to call it done, paint has a way of taunting you to keep spreading it around.

Hey Ro, you like that one do ya? One of my favorite finds...
Most folks know the old NS transparent yellow over ruby red (I like elvis ruby)trick, this is what you can get by layering transparent NS yellow over NS opaque Cherry. The bumps are amber-purple over white.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-06-14, 3:15pm

Hi guys! It’s June and show and tell time! I have been working full-time at my “Day Job” and have not had alot of time to work on the torch this month, but I did see some stuff in the last issue of The Flow that inspired me to make this cherry blossom bansi with owl. I hand mixed all the colors, if you look close you can see silver popping out in the jar, its 6in tall.
Attached Images

Last edited by PeteHess; 2009-06-14 at 5:00pm.
Old 2009-06-14, 5:04pm

I really like this piece Pete

Old 2009-06-14, 7:00pm
No Problem!

Awesome Pete. Looks great!

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-06-15, 8:36am
Normal is Boring!!

Pete- That is incredible- lots of time and patience!!! nice work- overall what is the size/

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2009-06-15, 12:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingBeau View Post
Almost there Stephen, hard to know when to call it done, paint has a way of taunting you to keep spreading it around.

Hey Ro, you like that one do ya? One of my favorite finds...
Most folks know the old NS transparent yellow over ruby red (I like elvis ruby)trick, this is what you can get by layering transparent NS yellow over NS opaque Cherry. The bumps are amber-purple over white.
thanks so much, i dont think i have any cherry maybe an old sample stick, have to check.
beautiful piece pete! love the pink flowers, bubblegum X ? i guess im in a color mood this week. and the owl is just adorable.
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.

Last edited by Ro; 2009-06-15 at 12:49pm.
Old 2009-06-15, 7:23pm

some more
Attached Images

Old 2009-06-17, 6:39pm
product of the universe

Reaching out of the darkness......
Attached Images

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-06-18, 12:02am

Chayes...I love the green in that sculpture. Pretty badass and creepy at the same time
Old 2009-06-18, 3:56pm
product of the universe

The green is actually Chinese black 32mm rod. The photo makes it look green for some reason even though its gloss black.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-06-19, 10:36pm
Living out Loud

Best of luck on your show let me know what happened!!!

Old 2009-06-20, 8:12am
funny mofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes View Post
The green is actually Chinese black 32mm rod. The photo makes it look green for some reason even though its gloss black.
That's the reflection of the background, which is lighter than the piece. Why it's specifically green and not gray I can't tell you...
Old 2009-06-22, 1:13pm
Mandrel Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagstromartglass View Post
some more
Stephen,

I am going to be stalking you at open torch during the Gathering. Will you show us your secrets?

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2009-06-22, 10:44pm

nope..well maybe

Old 2009-06-25, 8:07am
Serenity Now!

Super fab SHow! Here's a couple more 't' birds....

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-06-26, 11:50am
The Venerable Bead

Love the birds. I have collaborated with Lisa Billings of www.pinklemonadeboutique.etsy.com to create boro beaded fabric cuffs.
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2009-06-26, 8:21pm

Beau, you've gone and done it again...blown me away! On the second and third beads...did you just fume with gold? or silver as well? Gorgeous...love that soft glow they have.

Old 2009-06-27, 9:23am
Borosapien

i was so busy with al kind of different issues but finaly found some time to
jump behind the torch and created this little mask.

Old 2009-06-27, 11:28pm

Paula, I love your flower implosions! really nice.

I also really like the little mask Marcel. Love the black lips and the way you made the mouth, shape, constratst.
nice idea!

Old 2009-06-28, 7:38am
Flamewoman

Often, I have wondered...how are those stripey petals and circles made, like the one's in Beau's or Stephen's pendants? I wish either of you were doing a class at Arrowsprings, so I could take it. Is there a dvd that show's how to do this?
Beau...I am intrigued by your pendant with the heart in the center. I love those colors.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!