LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-03-19, 1:46am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Wait, nevermind. The good one turned out to be a fluke. Just churned out two more crap ones using 3mm extra tubing. *sigh*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

#M-191
Old 2013-03-19, 7:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
Just got a message from PayPal that my package from Art In the Round has been shipped. I ordered that about 10 to 14 days ago and I haven't even gotten a response back on my tech support question I submitted at the same time. I hope Dave's OK.

Hi Lyssa,

I ordered a new wide impress from Dave back on the 21st of February...and still nothing. Did you get your package?

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-03-19, 9:24am

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieann1674 View Post
Hi Lyssa,

I ordered a new wide impress from Dave back on the 21st of February...and still nothing. Did you get your package?
Yes, I just got my package yesterday.

Turns out the new, name brand model of the tube cutter doesn't work half as well as the generic one I bought from Ace Hardware. Go figure. Anyone want a tube cutter?

~
~

#M-191
Old 2013-03-19, 9:35am
Storm Queen

Yea!

Old 2013-03-19, 2:43pm
offically down under

I have no trouble when I do .28mm and I use a lot less tubing. Sadly, what used to be a huge seller for me has trickled down to very few sales. I think the Pandora has left the building in Australia.

Old 2013-03-20, 9:23am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
Wait, nevermind. The good one turned out to be a fluke. Just churned out two more crap ones using 3mm extra tubing. *sigh*
Oh...I didn't see this. Boo!

Old 2013-03-20, 9:37am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Oh...I didn't see this. Boo!
Yesterday I was able to get my last 3 perfectly using my own recipe that I listed above, but only 3.5mm extra, not the 4 that I was hoping for. Still looks nice.

Now I have to make more BHBs.

I'm buying a jeweler's saw from FMG so I can cut the cores out of those crappy ones and try it again. I'll prolly just melt the silver down later for something. We're always doing silly stuff like that at my house.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2023-06-17, 8:13pm

Hello. How can I make the border thinner?
Old 2023-06-18, 6:59am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ley View Post
Hello. How can I make the border thinner?
cut the tube shorter