No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-03-23, 10:50am
I ate a big red candle!

Default How are you using Quickbooks?

I've had quickbooks for a year and it has made my life easier after getting to know it better and getting some help in setting it up. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to use more features of it.

Right now I only really use the banking portion of it. I have a savings, checking and paypal account. I record money in and money out and categorize them into different expenses and merchandise sales.

When I want to look at how I'm doing, I look at the various reports to see how much money is going into shipping or Etsy fees or whatever.

This works out well, but I'm having some trouble figuring out state sales tax. I also am not sure how to best record sales from shows using square and paid with cash. I type in all my transactions manually with the check register and that works fine and quickly for me, but is there a more efficient way to do this?

Those of you who use quickbooks, what features do you use? How do you simplify quickbooks to make it work for you?

Also, I don't know why I posted this to family room. I'll repost it to tips and tricks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My fledgling etsy shop