Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-07-10, 9:13am
hooked, completely!!!

thanks grace, carol anne mentioned you had used this "trick" - my griet is busy playing with the new white now and using all the reactive colours over the top too!..
Old 2007-07-10, 12:12pm

Beautiful beads Grace!
I don't play with my lauscha very much. It's not that I'm afraid to or anything but the glass is just soooo pretty in rod form lol
I love glass and gemstones and pretty rocks and collect soo much of it since I was a kid. I feel like I'm giving my treasures away when I make a bead. Stupid ain't it?
But I really need to get out and just enjoy the glass..
I haven't even tried out any of the Caramello or the other brown.
Ugh....I promise to play with it and share some stuff!
Irene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-07-10, 12:39pm

The white with silver does sound really yummy! Is that the Vanilla Snowflake that Marcie rejected? If so, be forewarned; the Vanilla Snowflake has a 111 COE!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-07-10, 12:53pm
hooked, completely!!!

thats the stuff - we are aware that the coe is higher than the rest of the 104 glass - we have been playing with adding rubino, nero, edp, ask turquoise etc - and so far so good... rene at the factory was absolutely adamant that we DO NOT attempt to encase it though!

Old 2007-07-10, 1:53pm

This is too funny. I have an email from Rene telling me that the coe is 102-103. I guess I will be on the phone to him tomorrow again!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-07-10, 2:07pm

The actual COE testing on that glass did not occur until after Marcie rejected it. I would speculate that your email predates when that testing occurred. Regardless, please do let us know what you find out.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-07-10, 3:10pm

Supernova with Aion stringer is delicious! Or cocoa with Effetre copper green.

Old 2007-07-10, 3:27pm

Oh My God Mary! That is gorgeous! That is what I hoped this thread would be about!

Hi Renee,
My email with that information is quite recent. I am not criticizing that it was rejected as it may have been a problem for a lot of people in the club if the coe was off.
But personally I've never met a color that I didnt like or a COE that I didn't like! And so I am happy to bring it to the U.S. And if no one wants to buy it I'll keep it all for myself!!
I will call again tomorrow though. Calls to Germany are cheaper than big surprises.

Ladies please lets keep sharing photos of all of the other wonderful colors!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2007-07-11 at 7:36am.
Old 2007-07-10, 3:29pm

Thank you Paula, I'm blushing!

Old 2007-07-10, 4:07pm

Paula, I love all glass & colors & COE's, too! The more the merrier!

The glass was tested, and beads were cracking days later, thus the reason it was rejected. It was after that, that the COE test was performed.

I'm glad you're bringing it to the US, though. Regardless of it's COE, I'm sure wonderful creations will be the result!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-07-10, 4:15pm

Anyone else with photos?

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-07-10, 4:35pm
formerly Marella

Here's a set I made with fuschia, opaque pink, Val Cox Peony frit, and pink filigrana. I love how the lentils turned out...and didn't realize until I photographed them that they have hearts in them!
Attached Images

~
~
~
Old 2007-07-10, 5:29pm

Marella, I love those!!! Great colors!!!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-07-10, 5:37pm

Does anyone have any pics of the Kryolith Opals?

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-07-10, 6:28pm

Marella...Pretty Thanks.

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-07-11, 6:25am

The information I have this morning from the factory that the White With Silver (or Vanilla Snowflake as the factory had named it) is 102-103 .
They are also air mailing me some to work with before the crate gets here...
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2007-07-11 at 7:32am.
Old 2007-07-11, 7:31am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
The white with silver does sound really yummy! Is that the Vanilla Snowflake that Marcie rejected? If so, be forewarned; the Vanilla Snowflake has a 111 COE!
I have been on the phone to the factory and can verify that the coe is not 111 as I stated above. It's 102-103. I hope this clears up any confusion over the new white.

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-07-11, 8:21am

darn it, now I WAAAAANT some (supernova & the new funky white)....whine....
I just got my little bits of pinks....I can't order glass anytime soon again...sigh....

WeeMary--that supernova bead TOTALLY ROCKS!!!
and Marella, those pink beads are OMG gorgeous!!!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-07-11, 9:48am

I guess they're giving two answers to the same question.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-07-11, 10:00am

luna, I think I have 2 or 3 extra rods of Supernova I can send to you if you'd like.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-07-11, 12:08pm
Lauscha Lady

Wow - gorgeous beads Marella! Very cool effect with the Super Nova WeeMary. Carloyn, I love what you do with the Tri's!

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was going to fume the Light Fuchsia last night. And I did - and love the results. The Fuchsia rod is very pale in appearance, but with a little work, turns a deep color. The gold in fuchsia just seems to marry with fuming - the pink comes out with no work at all and the gold gives it a lustre that is just so warm and rich.

In the next pic, the hearts are to one side, and the floral has a base of 'Green/Grey' and the little flowers are opaque Orange and opaque Red. Both of these opaques are just so pretty and dense. The orange reminds me of one of the tequilla corals from a while back. The transparent Green/Grey although an odd lot color is one that I am urging the factory to keep in it's grouping of regular colors. It is just such a natural pretty green, goes with everything and is a perfect base for florals.

/grace

oops - forgot to say it was encased in (what else?) Lauscha clear!

Old 2007-07-11, 12:40pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

all moretti sage, lauscha cocoa, lauscha aqua and moretti turqoise

lauscha transparant red and orange, moretti turqoise and aqua

lauscha cocoa and moretti dark ivory

lauscha steel blue, lauscha cocoa ( hey... can you tell I love cocoa) and moretti sage and turqoise

Lauscha cocoa, streaky pink and rubino,one of my all time favorite color combo's

Suzanne

Last edited by suzanne; 2007-07-11 at 12:42pm.
Old 2007-07-11, 12:46pm
Corgi Cult Member

Suzanne, they are all fantastic! What an eye for color combos!

Old 2007-07-11, 12:49pm
yukue fumei

WOW WOW WOW Suzanne!!!!
Your beads are sooo gorgeous!!!! Love the cocoa and turquoise set adn the Cocoa/streaky pink sets especially! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-07-11, 12:53pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Thank you Kathy and Denise

Old 2007-07-11, 2:12pm
hooked, completely!!!

stunning suzanne - you are MOST welcome at our studio!!!!!
Old 2007-07-11, 2:24pm

Well it's good to see that Lauscha and Moretti play pretty well with each other. I get lots of emails saying that they've heard otherwise. I haven't had any problems but don't play with my lauscha very often Such a hoarder!
Irene

Old 2007-07-11, 4:25pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Those are gorgeous Suzanne!

I've been playing with my cocoa again recently when I get something I like I'll post it.

Old 2007-07-11, 8:37pm
Life is change. Love it

This is the grey green and the dark fuchsia from Grace. I also love the grey green, it is a beautiful colour. The silver turned the fuchsia a little muddy, it is usually a much more vibrant colour!
Attached Images

Old 2007-07-12, 6:19am
kindasorta Spring almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Be forewarned, that it is NOT 111. Period.

This is an example of a "story". Purely untrue.

Vanilla Snowflake, which I call Vanilla Ice, because I thought it was funny to call it Vanilla Ice, is 102-103.

Back in October when we made this glass at the factory here in Lauscha, I loved it from the outset. Marcie called me and kept me on the phone for a long long time asking me all about this glass and if I would recommend it. I recommended it whole heartedly and said that I thought it was a better glass to issue between Caramello and Nuclear Brownie, because I thought that those two colours, when annealed, were too close to be a good idea to go together. After speaking to me, she called Rene and said she didn't want it. I never asked him why. I don't care. Hell, if she bought it all, I wouldn't get to use any ever again, now would I. Still, I recommended it. Am I going to call Marcie and argue with her. Nope. Why? It's none of my business.

Make no mistake, it is my favourite Lauscha colour ever. I make skulls. Lots of them. And bones. Could there be a better colour for me? Nope. I also like reactive colours - ask Grace...

But I thought it would be good for Lauscha customers. And if we don't have any customers, can I be artist in residence at a company that does not exist? Nope. So, I can sacrifice a couple of colours on Marcie's alter for the good of my torch remaining in that sunshiny warehouse beside Ulla with glass glinting all around me.

Why did Marcie reject the colour? I have no idea. It's a beautiful glass, and if you all want me to set my freaking laptop up at the hutte, and get the webcam on me while I work the stuff, you can all see how totally simply it reduces into about 10 different highly predictable colours from pale ivory to deep caramel with limestone effects, AND BACK TO PURE WHITE IN AN OXYGENATING FLAME, WELL, JUST LET ME KNOW AND I WILL DO IT.

I am getting rather tired of people passing on information that has never directly come from the boss of the hutte, Rene's mouth - he's a man. Let's keep our names straight here.

"I heard it from so and so" is no guarantee that anything is the truth.

Vanilla Ice, aka Vanilla Snowflake, aka simple freaking white with silver is COE 102-103. End of story. Period.

And I am going to go buy another 20 pounds for my stash and then everybody can kiss my glass.

I love you guys, but sheesh - It read to me like Paula and Grace just wanted to share some Lauscha colour tips and tricks and some pictures and it has started to turn into another controversy...

The truth is a lot easier to remember than a story.

xoxoxo, Carol Anne