Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-08-07, 4:53am
I need more boro stuff

Urgh ! I checked the site and sent email to them about the shipping to Sydney.
Up to 2kg (4.3lb ?) for 19.50 Euro (US$28.8 ) or 2kg - 5kg (4.3lb - 10.8lb ?) for 52 Euro (US$71)

That's hurt more than shipping from US to us.

I better wait hehe
Old 2007-08-07, 4:58am
yukue fumei

Owie--that's alot!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-08-07, 4:59am
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by villa design View Post
Ha ha! Found my note.

up to 5lb's (2kg) total weight (including packing) - £8.75 ($17.35)
up to 22lb's (10kg) total weight - £18.25 ($36.20)

I should have ordered more... LOL...
Damn! I just re-read the thread.
You guys are getting cheaper shipping than us in Australia
Old 2007-08-07, 4:59am
yukue fumei

here's a pic of the 2 reds......cool!!!

nagi

Old 2007-08-07, 5:03am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubnavnania View Post
Damn! I just re-read the thread.
You guys are getting cheaper shipping than us in Australia
wow-that's double what we are paying....I am so sorry gubnavnania

nagi

Old 2007-08-07, 5:16am

I had managed to hold off ordering until I saw the 2 new reds this morning. Can't tell you how many times I added and took off of my order - I really want 2 or 3 of each! - but finally settled on only 4, including the Red Jasper. Better start selling some beads to pay for all of this!

Old 2007-08-07, 5:46am
Rose colored glasses…√

Okay, now this is soooooo unfair; there's even glass that "I" want, and I've never purchased anything internationally.

Damn. I. need. more. glass. like. I. need. a. hole. in. my. head.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2007-08-07, 5:54am
sunscreen me baby

Think of it as an investement

~

Old 2007-08-07, 6:04am

Suzy, that's what I keep trying to tell my DH!

Old 2007-08-07, 6:31am
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

EXACTLY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalflipz View Post
Stuff we don't use? Oh, you mean like pots and pans, brooms, dusting cloths and the like?

Vivian

-

Old 2007-08-07, 7:21am
make beads not war

I'm thankful I decided to sell half of the presses I own. Of course that was suppose to go to 'Build My Studio' fund. Hmm...

Old 2007-08-07, 7:22am
yukue fumei

Melissa-you are right!
Today is overcast...the colors are lighter than the pics show, but you get the idea.
Watermelon turns grey in the flame and you can really see the sparkles much more in the flame than the poppy.
Here is Poppy on the bottom, Watermelon on the top

and the Rosehip looks different from Orange Punch on the rod, but melt up similar. rose hip had a bit more streaks of opaque in it for me.....
Rosehip at the bottom, middle is Candy Apple top is orange punch(these colors should be vice versa)

nagi

Old 2007-08-07, 7:28am
make beads not war

Perfect example Nagi! This is exactly what I got. There's also sparkles in the Salmon Pink but it totally disappears in the finished bead.

That makes a pretty sunset bead.
Old 2007-08-07, 7:34am
yukue fumei

Sunset bead--what a cool idea! Thansk Melissa!

nagi

Old 2007-08-07, 8:12am
On the flippity flop

Shoot, guys, I am trying not to order yet more glass until I at least get my oxycon here and I can start working. Must control ordering fingers.....not working....you guys are trouble.....akkkkk

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2007-08-07, 9:16am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

So when does Frantz get these colors so i can order again? LOL

Old 2007-08-07, 9:23am

You guys should have seen my at my computer yesterday drooling over those colors trying to narrow it down so I didn't order them all! And I'm already getting rid of some other glass to try to take a class in October. It's a disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-08-07, 9:28am
hooked, completely!!!

AHA!!!!!

so THIS is where you all have gone!!!

just quickly skimming this there are a few things i can clear up..

as we tested the colours for vetrofond this time we agreed names up front and have cleared them with mike... last i heard we were both on the same page this time and we would have the same names AND product codes to avoid the confusion from last time!!!

we are OUT of the original vetro avocado!!!! someone ordered a few pounds and cleared us out!! we have both smooth and rough versions mixed in the racks - or should i say "had"?..

mike's airfreighted colours should be there soon now - i now the factory closed last Friday and they are gone for the month of august at least!!!.. that's why the red jasper was the last two to make it to me, as they were right at the end of the production schedule!!

as far as shipping goes we charge only what the post charges us in all cases, we add nothing for packing etc its not our style!!.. we are VERY sorry for our australian customers, but that's what the charges are - i suspect you will have reasone to be cheerful when mike gets his stock in house!!

the colours ARE just incredible... we have been amazed by how much time and effort the vetro team are putting into mike's idea for odd lots, and the stunning and unusual colours the factory is achieving for us!!

pleae email or pm me for any info you need - to avoid cluttering this thread!!

Old 2007-08-07, 10:02am
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
LOL!
me too...
BTW-I just got a note from Quinton and he is putting up two more Vetro reds that he says are the prettiest in the lot. Ack! How can one resist that!!

Suzy-would you like to try before you buy? I can send you a couple of rods of each just in case you do already have the same coral. The red velvet is a nice dark red/maroon
naw, I have a need to own every glass even if I don't like it But thanks for the offer!

~

Old 2007-08-07, 10:05am
sunscreen me baby

You are making us very happy Glassworks. I love your descriptions.. they got me

~

Old 2007-08-07, 10:09am
yukue fumei

yes, the descriptions are yummy!

Quinton, can you put a link to your site on your sig line, please? Thank you!

nagi

Old 2007-08-07, 10:19am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
naw, I have a need to own every glass even if I don't like it
LOL! Same here

nagi

Old 2007-08-07, 10:20am
GlassyGuy

Default Get the new Vetrofond colors from Frantz

I just wanted to inform you that Frantz is receiving an air shipment of the new Vetrofond colors tomorrow, the colors will be sold at the bash, and if you order them we can start shipping them out to you by Monday. I’ll be posting images and ordering info of the colors on the www.FrantzNewsletter.com shortly.
Old 2007-08-07, 10:27am

Default Frantz new Vetro Odds arrive Wednesday the 8th

We will be receiving our first shipment of new Vetrofond Odds in the morning. We will have a 1/4 pound limit per color until the seafreight arrives in about 6 weeks.

mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2007-08-07, 10:30am
make beads not war

ooooh... the pumpkin dark dark is very pretty!
Old 2007-08-07, 10:58am
hooked, completely!!!

excellent news mike, shipping from us always takes longer than expected and i knew your stocks could not be far behind!!!..

Old 2007-08-07, 1:48pm
Sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frantz View Post
We will be receiving our first shipment of new Vetrofond Odds in the morning. We will have a 1/4 pound limit per color until the seafreight arrives in about 6 weeks.

mike
I got the newsletter, but I only see translucent ivory. You guys still posting colors? Are you getting all the colors that Quinton has? I don't want to wait too long, because Amber will buy them all!!

Old 2007-08-07, 2:14pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Sheila, I'm getting some of every color!! As far as I know there's not a limit on what you order.

Vivian

-

Old 2007-08-07, 2:27pm

I so knew I should not have looked at their website. When I saw the Jasper's I just had to order and the honey crunch and all the avocado's. I am such a terrible glass addict, but they are soooo preeetttyy!
Old 2007-08-07, 2:52pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Naos* View Post
Nagi, you need to fix the link - it has all your personal information in it when I try to add to the cart.

So can someone give me a clean link?
Oh my! Thanks so much Amber--I was wondering what was going on with my order!
thanks!!!

nagi