No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-01-08, 3:29pm
Insane? You're Insane!

Default Pendant tut?

I am searching for a tutorial on how to make a pendant. I found on before I had a new torch, I thought I book marked it, but didn't. I have made a few sad ones. I'd love to have some help!
thanks,
amber
Old 2006-01-09, 7:04am
ManBearPig

It just so happens I'm making some pendants tonight. I'll take some pictures as I do in case you don't find it before then...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-01-09, 7:07am
Insane? You're Insane!

That is wonderful! Thank you so much!
amber
Old 2006-01-09, 9:03am
SnakeBite

Question Pic

Hello
I sure would like to see those pic too. I am new to this and have been making just beads Can I use hot heads torch to make pendents?
Old 2006-01-09, 9:25am
ManBearPig

You can use a hot head to make them out of soft glass. I would think it would be pretty hard to make them out of boro.

Old 2006-01-10, 8:49am
ManBearPig

Okay. Here are a couple tutorials. Sorry the pictures aren't that good. I was taking them myself, and it's hard to take pictures with one hand and work in the flame with the other...

www.soleiletlune.com/tutorials

Old 2006-01-10, 9:07am
Gone Fishing!

Hey Chad... I have a question for you

you wrote
After rounding. Just using flame and rotation for rounding... no molds

Why no molds? I have always used a marble mold to get a really nice round shape. Should I not be doing this? Thanks.. Holly

Oh... almost forgot... GREAT TUTORIAL>>>> I GAVE IT A 5 star Rating.
Old 2006-01-10, 9:17am
ManBearPig

You can use a mold if you want. I was just putting that in there so people knew you didn't have to use one and wouldn't run out and buy one just for this purpose.

Glad you liked it!

Old 2006-01-10, 9:31am

cosmo, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Old 2006-01-10, 10:02am
Insane? You're Insane!

Thank you so much! I really needed that!
Old 2006-01-10, 10:20am

What awesome tutorials!
Old 2006-01-11, 5:04am

thanks i have never worked with a punty so i'll have to give it a try..
Old 2006-01-11, 6:11am
boro color bender

Cool tutorial Chad... one helpful tip... When you are putting the color back on the implosion, melt it in and flatten. Then cold seal to the back and shape the front lense and you're ready for the loop. This eliminates a step and will also keep you from cold sealing to your lense... sometimes this leaves unclear glass or bubbles when you break off and melt in a sharp edge. Hope this makes sense.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-01-11, 6:27am
ManBearPig

Yeah, that makes sense. I've just always had better luck attaching clear to clear and not having much left behind. Could be because the front is usually cooler than the back at that time. Or, could just be that I saw someone do it that way and started doing it myself...

Old 2006-01-12, 10:54am
Senior Moment

Thanks Chad, great tut.
Sharon
Old 2006-01-12, 12:00pm
I love color!

That was a great pendant tutorial!!! It seems very easy to do. I can't wait to try it. Thanks!!!
Old 2006-01-12, 9:56pm
~ glass whisperer ~ lol

Great tutorial!!!!