Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-05-14, 10:09am

Default The Frit Files

This past week I started a new section on my website: The Frit Files! The URL is http://beadgoodies.com/pages/fritfiles.php. It’s a work in progress but so far my sister, Catherine Steele (catherineinesteele.com) has made 3 tutorials:

Round Bead:

Frit Rose:

Raked Bead:

As time permits, I’ll be adding to the files – more tutorials, tips and techniques, hints and information, etc.

Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-05-14, 10:54am
mystical cat lover 56

Thank you !
Old 2007-05-14, 10:57am
Glass my new Obsession

Very nice

Old 2007-05-14, 11:04am

Ooo, coolness Candy. Thank you and I'll definitely be buying some of your beautiful frit soon....as soon as I can make up my mind which as I want them all

Old 2007-05-14, 5:10pm
what housework?

more, more, more......i love your frit!
shelley
Old 2007-05-14, 5:44pm

I would love to see a tutorial on using silver with frit. I am very much looking forward to all your tutorials. What a good idea this is! Thanks. Pam
Old 2007-05-14, 5:47pm

Ooops, I wrote too soon. The raked bead does explain silver. THANKS! Pam
Old 2007-05-15, 8:14am

Thank you so much for those. I have been trying for 5 months to make that darn rose, now I know how!
Old 2007-05-15, 8:39am

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadlvr View Post
Ooo, coolness Candy. Thank you and I'll definitely be buying some of your beautiful frit soon....as soon as I can make up my mind which as I want them all
Candy offers inexpensive sample sets. She offers either a set of 5 or a set of 10, you choose the colors. They go a long way too. I highly reccomend this route if you are having a hard time deciding. She does have some beautiful frits! And,( I swear she didn't pay me) she ships for free and super fast at that!

Ann
Old 2007-05-15, 1:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydog7 View Post
I would love to see a tutorial on using silver with frit. I am very much looking forward to all your tutorials. What a good idea this is! Thanks. Pam
Actually, I do plan on doing a page on using silver foil and frit. Ways of cutting and applying it, what it looks like when applied under frit as opposed to over it, encasing it, etc. Someone asked me to do a write up about it several months ago. I just need to do it!! Soon, I promise.

Candy

Old 2007-05-15, 1:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopnglo View Post
Thank you so much for those. I have been trying for 5 months to make that darn rose, now I know how!
You know, I didn’t know how my sister made her rose beads either until I saw her tutorial on it!

Candy

Old 2007-05-15, 1:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoharley View Post
Candy offers inexpensive sample sets. She offers either a set of 5 or a set of 10, you choose the colors. They go a long way too. I highly reccomend this route if you are having a hard time deciding. She does have some beautiful frits! And,( I swear she didn't pay me) she ships for free and super fast at that!

Ann
Ann! You are so sweet! Thank you. I'm glad you've been happy w/the frit you've received from me.

Candy

Old 2007-05-15, 1:56pm
Burning Fingers!

That's fantastic - thanks Candy!
Old 2007-05-16, 8:50am

No problem Candy! I think Amazing grace is my favorite to date, although I haven't tried them all yet...
Ann
Old 2007-05-16, 9:16am

Thank you Ann, I'll look at the sample sets

Old 2007-05-16, 9:32am

Hi Candy, I have admired Catherine's rose beads for such a long time, but could never get mine to look like hers. Thanks so much, both of you, for these amazing tutorials. They are so well done! Looks like it's time for me to buy some more frit.

Thanks!
Diane

Old 2007-05-16, 4:26pm

On your website beadgoodies.com in the frit section under the eternity frit, you have "beads made by me". Clicking on that goes to I think six pictures. The bead on the bottom right, which looks like it is made of ivory and has a band of the eternity frit going across, is so beautiful. How about a tutorial on how to make frit look like that? Thanks, Pam
Old 2007-05-16, 7:32pm

Candy, thanks for the tutorial - I love the roses - I just sent you an order!

Shirley