Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-07-22, 1:44pm
Cali4nia baby

Ohhh Yummy - I will decide after pics .... Thank you so much Kimberly !
Old 2009-07-22, 4:09pm

Please Kimberly, post some pictures for us!!!! As I've already ordered the Scorpion a few days ago, I'm more than curious to see what I'll get!!! LOL!

Martina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2009-07-22, 4:19pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Is there a price yet on the Scorpion?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-07-22, 4:30pm
Booger #7

Muuuust havvvvve Scorpion!!!!! I can't hardly wait til after open torch!

Old 2009-07-22, 4:49pm
Boheme Flamework Designs

I'll be stalking this thread - LOL I still love my bobcat.

Deb Cline
Old 2009-07-22, 5:37pm
In search of her path....

I cant wait to find out price and see this bad girl it sounds PERFECT for my needs! darnit.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-07-22, 5:58pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Must.Have.This.Torch.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-07-22, 6:43pm
PyronamixK

*Original post removed by author*

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing free customer service for GTT, nor am I doing any more favors for them or defending them or their reputation.

Wally will not acknowledge that I have been of any help. Oddly, he says that I should be providing customer service for free and without any compensation or thanks because I am Willy's wife. Of course, neither of the two girlfriends he has had that worked for GTT have ever worked for free. Oh, he made a rule about no GFs or wives working at GTT in order to keep me out of the company. His rules did not apply to anyone he bedded down.

Please direct your questions to:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

570-835-9777

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 2:57pm.
Old 2009-07-22, 6:50pm
In search of her path....

Sounds promising but dang out of my pocket book range.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-07-22, 6:50pm

Yes.... photos, photos..... Kimberly, you are such a tease...

Old 2009-07-22, 7:19pm
Cali4nia baby

Yup - no way I can afford that ! bummer
Old 2009-07-22, 7:59pm
Booger #7

Hmmmmmm.......gonna have to do some saving up!

Old 2009-07-22, 8:06pm
I need more boro stuff

Damn! more expensive than lynx
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-22, 9:13pm

Yikes, I guess there won't be one of those coming to my place. At that price you might as well save a bit more and get a Phantom. I was expecting on the $400 to $500 range list with an intro price in the $300's.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2009-07-22, 9:37pm

Kimberly, how does it work with and OGSI-15? Compared to a Lynx, if possible.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:11pm
PyronamixK

I don't know why anyone would expect a high-end two stage torch to go for less than a Lynx.

I hate to say anything about this, because I don't want to sound defensive. But, I should say a few things to explain why it is what it is and why $780 is really a good price for this torch (and the inroductory price of $650 is a steal).

Building a two stage torch with a centerfire/outerfire set-up is more than just building two torches - a centerfire and an outfire. You're really building a torch inside a torch and that presents a whole set of challenges in and of itself. Two stage torches with the centerfire/ outerfire set-up are more complex to build and are therefore more expensive. There are no two stage torches with a centerfire/outerfire set-up regularly priced for less than $700. As an example, the Scorpion will get a larger flame than the Barracuda on 8 LPM, and the Barracuda costs about $850.

Another thing to remember about the Scorpion is that the operating cost is a lot lower than the other two stage torches. It was designed to save you money. You don't have to buy as many concentrators to run one; and, if you are on tanked oxygen, you won't go through as many tanks. You can get a usable flame on a single 5 LPM machine, a very good flame on a single 8 LPM machine, and an even better flame on two 5 LPM machines run together or a single 10 LPM machine. The Scorpion outperformed the other two stage standard torches tested when run on a concentrator. That is what it was designed to do and do well.

While $650 might not be in someone's budget, that does not mean that the torch isn't worth it. For the firepower this torch gives and the money it saves in fuel and oxygen, as well as how easy it is to run and maintain, I think that the price for the Scorpion is more than justified.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:12pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Yes.... photos, photos..... Kimberly, you are such a tease...
I think I will start a new thread for the Scorpion and put the pictures in there.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:18pm
PyronamixK

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing free customer service for GTT, nor am I doing any more favors for them or defending them or their reputation.

Wally will not acknowledge that I have been of any help. Oddly, he says that I should be providing customer service for free and without any compensation or thanks because I am Willy's wife. Of course, neither of the two girlfriends he has had that worked for GTT have ever worked for free. Oh, he made a rule about no GFs or wives working at GTT in order to keep me out of the company. His rules did not apply to anyone he bedded down.

570-835-9777

Old 2009-07-22, 10:54pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
While $650 might not be in someone's budget, that does not mean that the torch isn't worth it. For the firepower this torch gives and the money it saves in fuel and oxygen, as well as how easy it is to run and maintain, I think that the price for the Scorpion is more than justified.
Sorry IF I stepped on your toes, Kim.

I wasn't meant to insult you or GTT. $650 is really and trully far from my budget

Old 2009-07-22, 11:20pm
PyronamixK

You didn't step on my toes, Yunita.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:41pm

Will it run on standard household ng presure?

Last edited by Ellen Black; 2009-07-22 at 11:55pm.
Old 2009-07-23, 12:09am
PyronamixK

Yes, it will.
Old 2009-07-23, 1:41am

The lynx doesn't run on household pressure but you're saying the Scorpion will? What's the difference??? Just asking.
What about a cricket...run on ng and oxycon or is it better to use propane?

Old 2009-07-23, 4:16am

Wow, I can't wait to get to the Gathering today and see the new Scorpion! Kimberly, thanks so much for giving us this look at such an extraordinary torch. The price point is truly less than I expected, especially with the introductory offer. It seems I should be able to run it almost 100% on my OG20.

You keep pointing out that "it is not a triple-mix" and that has me just a little concerned. I love my Cheetah, but all other torches in the world are not a triple-mix, so I'm not sure why I should be worried. Can't wait to try it out tonight! So exciting!!!!!

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-07-23, 4:44am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
I don't know why anyone would expect a high-end two stage torch to go for less than a Lynx.

I hate to say anything about this, because I don't want to sound defensive. But, I should say a few things to explain why it is what it is and why $780 is really a good price for this torch (and the inroductory price of $650 is a steal).

Building a two stage torch with a centerfire/outerfire set-up is more than just building two torches - a centerfire and an outfire. You're really building a torch inside a torch and that presents a whole set of challenges in and of itself. Two stage torches with the centerfire/ outerfire set-up are more complex to build and are therefore more expensive. There are no two stage torches with a centerfire/outerfire set-up regularly priced for less than $700. As an example, the Scorpion will get a larger flame than the Barracuda on 8 LPM, and the Barracuda costs about $850.

Another thing to remember about the Scorpion is that the operating cost is a lot lower than the other two stage torches. It was designed to save you money. You don't have to buy as many concentrators to run one; and, if you are on tanked oxygen, you won't go through as many tanks. You can get a usable flame on a single 5 LPM machine, a very good flame on a single 8 LPM machine, and an even better flame on two 5 LPM machines run together or a single 10 LPM machine. The Scorpion outperformed the other two stage standard torches tested when run on a concentrator. That is what it was designed to do and do well.

We were talking about this in chat the other day and the price is actually lower than I guessed it would be. I was comparing it to the Barracuda and Bullet. The Barracuda actually costs nearly $1000 now. You have to pay an extra $100 for the base.

Old 2009-07-23, 4:50am
Fire Diva

Quote:
O.K., Open Torch is going on right now. I snuck up to the room to give you a report on the Scorpion.

There are eight jets on the outer fire. They are not ordinary jets, but a special design (patent pending).

The price of the Scorpion is $780. There is an introductory price, however, of $650.

Wow!! Great price point!! The introductory price rocks!!

Can't wait to hear everyone's feedback that was able to play with the Scorpion. (Pam??)

Thank you for sneaking out and updating us Kimberly!!

See you Saturday!!

Old 2009-07-23, 6:06am

I'm still torn between the Cheetah and the new Scorpion. Running two 15lpm concentrators so I can handle either from that perspective. I've only worked on a Bobcat and a mini-cc so either is a step up and will allow me to work boro easier and quicker and the price is within reach for either. How to decide???

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-07-23, 6:53am

This is Fabulous! To be able to run such a torch on NG and concentrators.... I'll be saving my pennies.
Old 2009-07-23, 7:09am
Enabler

I'll be saving mine, too! Sure wish this had been announced before I spent all my birthday money on glass!

Old 2009-07-23, 7:10am
PyronamixK

570-835-9777