Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-02-15, 5:17pm
Formerly known as LT

Default Reichenbach 104 Who has tried it??!!

I just noticed Reichenbach has a 104 clear. So does anyone know how clear this clear is?? I would love to hear about their other 104's as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-16, 12:52am
Just Me

Talking

The clear is great and so are the other colors. My favs are Garnet and Mystic pink! Mytstic pink does great things especially with silver glass, it almost goes purple in places. Garnet is my favorite red yet! Highly recomend having a try!

Remember it's already tomorrow in Australia!

Last edited by silvergypsy; 2009-02-16 at 12:54am.
Old 2009-02-16, 1:08am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

I love the clear ( i rather use teh clear than teh soft clear tho )
And i love the gold ruby light and silver brown.

As the silver brown does similar things like other silver glass do.

These are all silver brown:

And it also gives those MOP blues.

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-02-16, 4:24am

I love all the mystic colors. They all give that MOP shampoo look! Pink is great as is the violet, green and greys.
Opal raspberry is a really nice pink and of course Iris Lt. Green and Dense blue are neat reducing colors. The Garnet Red is really, really dark and reminds me of Lauscha dark red in rod!
Mystic Beige is still my favorite if you like mother of pearl. Magic and Raku are pretty much the same but I still seem to get better color from the 96 COE line. Other's have had better success. Silver Brown looks like your "silver glass" with lots of greens and blues when heated in a neutral flame and encased but also reduces to a "metallic sheen!"
Wow....I guess I really like all of them. I have never tried the clear though.
I should probably do so and test it with Moretti and also Vetrofond!

Old 2009-02-16, 4:24am

Christina....those beads are beautiful!!!

Old 2009-02-16, 6:14am

This is reichenbach magic with effetre black. You can get some nice raku like colours with it. I find it's better when used in small amounts but that might just be my torch setup

My Etsy shop

Website

Old 2009-02-16, 6:27am
Formerly known as LT

Wow thanks everyone! Lovely beads. I will have to give this a try. Chrissy that first beads is just beautiful! So do I have it right that it is made with 104 Silver Brown and Reichenback 104 clear? I wasn't expecting colors like that!!!

Old 2009-02-16, 11:47am

Chrissy I love your beads!! We are getting in those colors soon! I can't wait!!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-02-17, 6:17am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

thanks everybody.

Yes it is only reichenbach silver brown and reichenbach clear. Th bicone has soem silverglass shards on them And i think i used the silver brown on a base of silver ratan but not sure.It could be just the silverbrown.

And i used the reichenbach clear with effetre en vetrofond colors and they are compatible. And the clear is just really clear with no scumming boiling or what so ever.

I did had some boiling issues with teh soft clear tho. BUt that could just be me.

oo and teh antique green is a reat color too!!!

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-02-17, 6:24am

Oh yeah, silver brown is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!! You don't have to use anything BUT silver brown and you will get amazing colors. I'll try to take a pic today of a heart I made that turned gorgeous colors and I did nothing but work it as I usually would. Iris Blue is heavenly as well and reduces into a beautiful blue sheen. Love this line!
Old 2009-02-18, 3:20pm
Formerly known as LT

Thanks!!

Old 2009-02-18, 9:12pm
Burning through glass

I recently tried some Raspberry...Devit city. what am I doing wrong? I get this weird 'fume scum', that is about as good as I can describe it, that seems to migrate to other parts of my work, just 'down wind' of the area that it's in...just like EDP. HELP!

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2009-11-18, 4:34pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Where can I get the Reichenbach 104 clear? I searched on a couple of vendor's sites, but did find only the 96 clear.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-11-18, 4:37pm

Judith.....How could you miss it? I have the 104 clear on my site. Are you looking for the Silver Crystal or just the Crystal???
I don't have the Silver Crystal yet but I do have the regular Crystal Clear they call it.

Old 2009-11-18, 4:38pm
Just Plain

I got some from Olympic not too long ago.

Old 2009-11-18, 4:42pm

Irene - I was using the "Search" function on your site and searched for "Reichenbach clear". The only two items coming up is the 96 clear and Silver Brown.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-11-18, 4:50pm

Hope this works. Sorry my search button isn't working for you. I'll try and figure out why. Here's the link. No picture since it's clear lol

Let me know if this doesn't work for ya

http://www.lampworksupplies.com/inde...4dopes2kv8ds04

Old 2009-11-18, 4:52pm

FIxed it. It's now showing up on the search. I've yet to make this site work perfect

Old 2009-11-18, 4:53pm

I just ordered a bunch from Reenie. She has tons of choices and great customer service!

Old 2009-11-18, 5:05pm

Thanks Irene. That link was working. Order is on the way

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-11-18, 6:16pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldt's Glass View Post
I just noticed Reichenbach has a 104 clear. So does anyone know how clear this clear is?? I would love to hear about their other 104's as well.
Thanks for starting this thread. I needed to find a new clear! I just placed an order for the clear along with a few others to try.

Old 2009-11-18, 6:56pm
I like to melt things

I really, really, really like Porcelain. It's not white and it's not ivory - it's somewhere in between And it's opaque, but applied thinly, it's translucent enough to let some light through.

I've tried Mystic Grey Blue and Mystic Beige and I like them both. The shampoo-glass effect is really cool. Here's a picture of a bead with the Mystic Grey Blue in it. It's the purply bit. The green/blue in there is Reichenbach Multicolour which is also pretty fun to play with.

I have tried and don't much like the Opal Raspberry or Iris Dense Blue. But I think the colours are just too saturated for me to deal with.

-
-
Old 2009-11-18, 7:31pm

The Pearl colors have also a lovely shampoo-glass effect. And they flow like butter, no shocking and just easy to work.

Here it's Pearl Pink and Pearl Violet.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-11-18, 8:26pm

Your beads are always fantastic Judith. Doesn't matter what color you use lol. Those are stunning!

Old 2009-11-18, 9:31pm
Life is change. Love it

Pink Lady is my all time favourite transparent pink. Words can't convey how much I love this glass

Old 2009-11-18, 10:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Your beads are always fantastic Judith. Doesn't matter what color you use lol. Those are stunning!
Thanks! LOL ... not at all my normal color palette, but I wanted to try something different and the words "Pearl" seduced me

Carolyn, I've never tried that color. Now I'm intrigued and have to go and search for some beads made with it. You don't have by any chance a photo?

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-11-18, 11:04pm

I bought the sample pack from Olympic & I'm in love with all of them. They do melt like butter & the mystics (pearls? the shampoo-y ones!) are really fun. I wasn't expecting that reaction since the sample rods don't have names, only numbers. They start out transparent on the rods.

It didn't come with either clear though so I haven't tried them & to be honest, I can't get the "raku" type ones (Iris orange(?), magic & multi) to do anything but mud.
Old 2009-11-19, 7:22am

Judith, do you EVER make a "bad" bead? Would you *please* post one? You make me want to just send you all my glass & box up my torch (seriously, I just melt inside when I see your beads, they're just amazing....)

I so want to try ALL the OCR R104 colors...I love the raku 104--I scored a whole rod & a half of it & I've gotten a bit of the Magic in the form of frit & I that too...I so want a sampler pack (or more ) of all the colors!

I'm glad someone bumped this thread--I've been wondering since the colors started coming out how the CLEAR would be--it's not too crazy a price, & hey, we all seem to be constantly looking for another, better, clear right?

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-11-20, 7:22am
Just Plain

Hi Judith, I agree with Carolyn on the Pink Lady.
Here are a few beads I made with it. It's a deep, rich pink. Dichro seems to really make it sing. (Sorry for the huge pics)

Old 2009-11-20, 11:41am

Wow Jayne, that *IS* a lovely pink. Great beads - thanks for sharing!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->