LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Old 2009-12-05, 2:48pm
Bead Scientist

Default Electroforming Book

I've had an online tutorial for electroforming for ages now, and it gets a lot of search engine hits.

I finally reworked it into a more refined publication, added dozens of photos and published it on blurb.

You can preview and purchase here:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1049899

Thanks for looking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-12-05, 3:08pm
Just Plain

Wow Vickie, that looks like a fabulous book! I'm putting it on my Christmas list!

Old 2009-12-07, 9:57am
SowZerE

Location: I live in a small town in the north west of England

I am so glad you have published this book. I have ordered one for a friend and one for myself for Christmas - hope they arrive in time .

It looks lovely.

Diane x
Old 2009-12-08, 4:48pm
Bead Scientist

Thanks, Jayne and Diane! I hope they meet your expectations. I had a lot of fun putting both books together.

Vickie

Old 2009-12-08, 4:54pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

OOOOOHHHHh! I love your work! And I have the equipment that has been collecting dust because I am intimidated. I'm going to go check it out.

This is my #200 post here on LE!!!

Old 2009-12-08, 5:54pm
"Sinners have soul too"

OMG Kim Fields was telling me about you and your caged bird beads... so this is awesome, I just ordered one. I too have a kit that is sitting unused. The last time it was used Kate Fowle was doing a demo... just about a year ago! I can hardly wait to get it

Old 2009-12-09, 12:28am

OMG, I've admired your work for ages! I'm so excited about this~ just placed my order too!

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-12-09, 12:46am
Cancer SUCKS!

Can you answer a few questions for me.

Is this a book on your beads only or will the book explain how someone would go about electroforming their own beads. Sort of like a tutorial.

Old 2009-12-09, 3:11pm
Bead Scientist

The book contains about two dozen photos of my more elaborate electroformed beads, and the rest is tutorial. It does not have step by step photos, however, but does have photos of my setup in operation and all the equipment that I use.

I discuss background, history of electroforming on glass beads, theory of operation, equipment needed, design, setup and operation, describe my carved electroforming and offer tips for troubleshooting.

To see if it's for you, check my website tutorial. The book is a somewhat expanded and refined version. Thanks for asking!

http://www.vickiehallmark.com/EformTutorial1.html

Vickie

Old 2009-12-11, 6:55am
Happy Beadmaker!

Just bought it! I've dabbled w/e-forming and just cannot get it right!! This time may just be the RIGHT time!

Thanks,
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-12-11, 7:48am

And I can personally add that Vickie is a wonderful teacher, so I have no doubt the book is fabulous (and, yes, of COURSE I'm going to order!). I took a class with her last month, my second PMC piece EVER. It came out great - and it was quite complex. Vickie was patient, and used vocabulary and examples relevant to our individual levels of "expertise." I definitely don't have to hide it in the drawer with all my bead class embarrassments....LOL
Old 2009-12-11, 11:08am
Wyoming Silvers

Just ordered this book,, I am very excited that Vickie wrote it!

Lovin my Lynx with M20
Old 2009-12-11, 8:51pm
Bead Scientist

Thanks, everyone! I'm blushing here, Pam -- glad the class worked well for you, although personally everything I've ever seen you do in any class was pretty masterful.

I'm always open to questions, if there's something in particular that I didn't cover well enough. Sometimes it's hard to know what is getting left out.

I'm going to teach my carved electroforming next spring, in April at Heritage Glass and in June at Bead & Button. I'll bet that will point out any omissions I might have made without thinking.

Vickie

Old 2009-12-17, 10:42pm

Hi Vicki~ got my book today and it's awesome!!!!

The info is so clear and perfect for the novice or experienced electroformer! Thanks for putting this together with your work. It's beautiful!

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-12-17, 11:38pm

I just ordered one too. Another Christmas present for myself! LOL

Old 2009-12-19, 7:39pm
Bead Scientist

Karrina, thanks for the feedback!
And thanks to all who have browsed and/or purchased!
Please share any work you do as a result -- I know I would love to see it.

Vickie

Old 2010-01-01, 5:49pm

Got to add this one to my wish list, I have always wanted to do this but didn't know how.
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com
Old 2010-01-02, 3:14am
Mad about Glass

Blurb just doesn't work for me. I get the message that there is a problem with the website - this has been happening since before Christmas. Is there another way I can purchase this book?

[url]

Old 2010-01-02, 7:06am
Knob Creek Glass

The books are wonderful. Thank you Vickie!!!
Old 2010-01-03, 4:53am
Mad about Glass

Finall, Blurb has decided to let me order!!! I can't wait.

[url]

Old 2010-01-03, 5:40am
Happy Beadmaker!

Got my book, how beautifully presented it is! Very professional and wonderfully illustrated. Now to get some time to re-try e-forming!

Thanks, Vickie!
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2010-01-14, 1:26pm

Default AJ Tuck Co.

This is a great article about electroforming. I found this businees called AJ Tuck Co. who specializes in electroforming in industrial. The are highly accredited and also know about ir/radiation shields as well.