Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2010-07-22, 7:23pm

Default Concentrator Problem

I bought two concentrators back in November. They have been working great until about 3 weeks ago when I saw the yellow low oxygen light on on one of them. I called the seller and he said that the circuit board might be bad. We eliminated that. He now says that I should send it in, shipping on me, or exchange it for $75. I cant really do that because I just bought a minor, a marble mold, and a bunch of glass.

I tried running it with the filter off and that didn't make a difference. It also doesn't make a difference if it is connected to the torch or not.

Is there anything I can do to fix this like shaking the sieve beds or baking them? I consider my self pretty handy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-07-22, 9:33pm
PyronamixK

If you only just got them in November, and they had been properly reconditioned, and you have been running them properly, the sieve beds should not be having a problem.

You might want to look inside and check for leaks, first. If there is a leak, then there could be a drop in pressure that would not allow the sieve to pressurize properly. This can result in poor purity.
Old 2010-07-23, 1:26am
Alaska Boro

Had a similar issue when the purity went down. It was a massive leak in the muffler that is attached to the air pump. There was a crack at the fitting half way up the side of the plastic on the muffler.

Keep your fingers out of moving things and electrical connections but listen and feel for air escaping. In some units there is a fan at the end of the compressor and one in the bottom of the unit. Keep fingers away from these.
Old 2010-07-23, 9:26am
PyronamixK

You can spray soapy water to test for leaks as long as you protect all the electrical components. You might want to contact the seller and ask him how to go about it and get his "o.k." before doing anything that would violate your warranty.
Old 2010-07-23, 3:17pm

KB and Alaska, thanks for the advice.

I tightened the compressor output filter, its hose clamp, and the hose clamps at the output of the solenoid valve and the sieve intakes.

I am letting it run for 20 minutes. If the yellow light turns on, I will take the solenoid valves out of their mounts and tighten their inputs.

I hope this works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.