Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2013-10-01, 12:20pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Gems In Bloom New Floral Tutorial

A new tutorial! Please scroll past pictures to read description.

A new Gems In Bloom Encased Floral Pressed Focal Lampwork Bead Recipe Book/Tutorial! The tutorial is available for sale in my Etsy store.
www.etsy.com/shop/gemsinbloom

Please read before purchasing! There are NO refunds on electronic books. Reading over the description of the product before purchasing is highly recommended. Thank you!

PRE-SALE, ORDER EARLY AND SAVE $$$
Pre-Sale Price = $20
After Pre-Sale Price = $25
Why have a pre-sale? Lampwork tutorials are a great deal of work and require a lot of time to create. A pre-sale affords me the time needed to write the book. The tutorial will be completed on or before October 31, 2013.The Ebook will be emailed to you once completed.

I have received countless requests over the years to create a lampwork tutorial for encased florals. There are many on the market so I declined until I finally figured out (after many years of trial and error!) to create my dream bead. My dream bead is an encased floral bead which is pressed into a lovely focal size in the lentil shape. I love this shape for focal beads as they lay beautifully on the body. If you have no desire to create the pressed style of the encased florals, this tutorial will still be valuable to you as I share how I make my regular encased floral beads. They are part of the process for this design.

The tutorial will NOT include how to decorate the bead with the floral raised work as that has already been shared in my Wild about Flowers Tutorial. You may decorate the outside of your bead in any way you choose and the sky is the limit!

Lampwork Press used in tutorial::
1.25" Straight Sided regular sized lentil press, not slim! (or a press you prefer but I find this press works the best) I purchased mine from Zoozii presses but many other companies create them as well.

Tutorial includes:

1. Introduction.

2. Full color step by step photographs with detailed descriptions of the steps.

3. List of Suppliers.

4. Full rights to create as many beads as you like for you own personal use or for sale.

5. Total pages in the tutorials is not known yet.

6. Suitable for both beginners and more experienced lampworkers.

7. All glasses used are COE 104 and are readily available from many suppliers.

8. Extra photographs of alternate color combinations with glasses needed ( No idea how many yet but at least three ) The pink bead in the sale photograph is the bead demonstrated in the tutorial.

The beads in the photograph are not included in the sale.

There are no refunds for Ebooks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by gemsinbloom; 2013-10-01 at 12:30pm.
Old 2013-10-01, 7:56pm

Is there going to be lots of color recipes in this tutorial, like your other tutorials?
Mary

Love like you never have been hurt.
Old 2013-10-01, 7:59pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Yes I will be including other recipes for color variations

Old 2013-10-01, 8:29pm

Great, ordering mine now!

Love like you never have been hurt.

Last edited by mtuttle; 2013-10-01 at 11:16pm.
Old 2013-10-01, 8:34pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I got it and thank you, night!

Old 2013-10-02, 4:20am

Can't wait! Thank you for your time. I always enjoy working with your tuts. I've learned so much. Now if my hands would only do what my brain knows how to...
Old 2013-10-02, 4:40am
Jacqueline Parkes

Good morning Marla and thank you!

Old 2013-10-02, 7:14pm

Hi Jacqueline,

I don't usually work very big. I do have a 21mm straight sided lentil. Would that be an ok size or too small for this type of bead? I just love your beads; they are simply gorgeous!

Cheryl
Old 2013-10-03, 5:09am
Jacqueline Parkes

Hi Cheryl, the design is intended for a larger bead but it can be scaled down. 21mm is a little small though BUT with this tutorial, you will learn how I create my encased floral beads. It does not have to be pressed so I am confident you will learn some skils that can be transferred to smaller beads, thanks for your interest!

Old 2013-10-03, 1:13pm

Thank you Jacqueline! Cheryl
Old 2013-10-03, 1:39pm
Beadmaking.nl

Ordered, I hope this tutorial will be just much inspirering as the others!

Looking forward to get it!

Old 2013-10-03, 2:44pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you Margriet , I will do my very best

Old 2013-10-03, 2:44pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I should post some more inspiration pics. I will in a bit after unpacking groceries

Old 2013-10-03, 3:12pm
Ezzy

I see dichro. Will your tut include your process for working with dichro?
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2013-10-03, 3:16pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Everything you see but the raised floral decoration will be included ( raised floral decoration has already been featured in Wild about Flowers Tutorial. You can decorate the top of the bead in so many different ways or leave it plain. I have made some awesome pendants with copper wire work with these beads as well.

Old 2013-10-03, 3:23pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Old 2013-10-03, 3:27pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Old 2013-10-03, 4:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieFireBeads View Post
I see dichro. Will your tut include your process for working with dichro?

this was my question too. I suck at dichro and leaving foil shiny. I want sparkly beads dang it!

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2013-10-03, 4:40pm
Jacqueline Parkes

It is not dichro and I will teach you how to do this, you can do this!

Old 2013-10-04, 5:45am

So, does that include the copper wire working too?

Cheryl
Old 2013-10-04, 5:48am
Jacqueline Parkes

No, I may write about that another time. I am just showing you an option for the beads. When you wire wrap this way, it is best to leave the outside of the bead plain.

Old 2013-10-04, 8:02am

Ok! I didn't think it was included but I was hoping and thought I'd just ask anyway!

Cheryl
Old 2013-10-04, 8:05am
Jacqueline Parkes

No problem. I have had lots of requests to teach the wire work as well. I will have all the time in the world to write tutorials now as I am no longer working the shows , stay tuned!

Old 2013-10-04, 8:07pm

How long does the sale last?

Cheryl
Old 2013-10-04, 8:12pm
Jacqueline Parkes

The sale ends the day I complete the tutorial ( on or before Oct 1st ) so it is kind of unpredictable. I am not sure how long it will take me.

Old 2013-10-04, 11:14pm

Can't wait to see the wire work one
Old 2013-10-07, 4:01pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Thanks for your interest Arwynd

Old 2013-10-11, 6:12am

Ordered mine today. Love all your tutorials. Just wished my beads looked as good as yours.

Felicia
Old 2013-10-11, 6:18am
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you Felicia! The tutorial is nearing completion so if anyone is sitting on the fence waiting to take advantage of the $5 savings, now is the time

Old 2013-10-13, 4:23pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I have some good news! My Dream Bead lampwork tutorial is completed and is being emailed out to all who purchased the Pre-sale. It will take some time to get them all out as the email is slow and I don't want to rush it and chance it skipping a few customers. I will get them out as soon as I can though. For those of who do not prefer Pre sales, my tutorial is now ready for purchase and instant download in my Etsy store. Happy Thanksgiving to fellow Canadians
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1644259...shop_home_feat