Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2010-02-05, 3:08pm
tweetysweetie

I agree with you Deb, I wouldn't know what class to pick and am thankful I'm teaching so the decision won't have to be made! lol

I'm popping in to let folks know that I've heard from Expo and my Wed - Beginner Class
and Thurs - Beyond the Basics are now filled, sorry if you were still trying to decide on one or the other, but you can always sign up on the "wait list" in case of a cancellation.

I have 3 openings in the Friday class - From the Garden to the Sea and 3 openings for Saturdays class - Whimsical Wonders....and those seats will probably be filled by the end of this month.

Brief description. Garden 2 Sea, involved/encased floral and an aquarium bead. Sats Whimsicals learn soft glass sculptural beads and make seven assorted beads..one of which is "Hooter"(avatar) who was featured as a tutorial in the Flow magazine last year.

If you've been hem-hawing on trying to decide which class to take or whether your even going? Decide soon, even if your not taking a class with me...Deb, Lisa, Leah or any ONE of the talented instructors at Expo, they will surely "make your day".

For a more in depth description of mine and EVERYONE's class offerings, go to GlassCraftExpo.com and search through the class sections. There is about every kind of class you can think of there, that deals with glass and more. So much information and opportunity packed into one place over the week. The suppliers/vendors, bead sales, gallery of excellence is pretty impressive too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-05, 3:22pm
JulieV

I'm still looking for anyone who would like to share my room. And you wouldn't have to hang with me....we'd probably only see each other at bed time. lol
2 queen beds.

Old 2010-02-13, 9:41am
Common Lurker

I'll be there for the first time selling! I'm assuming there will be state and city business licenses to apply for... Does anyone have link(s) to the proper website(s) to apply for those licenses? Are there temporary licenses available for out-of-state vendors?
Thanks!

FYI UPDATE: Patty includes the temporary license with her paperwork when you check in at the show... how cool is that?

Last edited by DiPat; 2010-03-05 at 5:13am.
Old 2010-02-13, 10:54am
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiPat View Post
I'll be there for the first time selling! I'm assuming there will be state and city business licenses to apply for... Does anyone have link(s) to the proper website(s) to apply for those licenses? Are there temporary licenses available for out-of-state vendors?
Thanks!
I would ask whoever is running the show there... I've done shows where everything like that was done for me, and shows where I had to do it on my own. Generally, when I've had to do it on my own the show promoter was able to provide me with phone #'s, web addy and/or the papers that I needed to fill out.

Good Luck! I'll be there as a student/lookie-loo

Old 2010-02-13, 12:45pm
tweetysweetie

Diane....contact Patty at Glasscraft Expo and direct your question to her....or you can also go to the website and look through the vendors/show section..
http://www.glasscraftexpo.com

Old 2010-02-13, 5:38pm

Shouldn't Donna be making marbles for the March marble show?...

hummmm, the strange thing I think of...lol

Old 2010-02-28, 11:15pm
I speak Murrini!

This show has coincided with my husband's Security Exchange Expo every year the last three years - but not this year. Normally I come out as his show winds up, stay the weekend for GlassCraft, and we fly home together. This year, his show will being going the last week of March...

We just discussed it, though - and I think I'm gonna sneak over to Las Vegas alone! Yay! I'm thinking I'll come in on Saturday the 10th around noon, and leave Sunday afternoon. I really wanted to take a class, but if this is the best I can do, I'll be so happy just to be able to go!

Is there going to be a flame-off on Saturday night? I've missed it every time - but since I'll be solo, for sure I won't miss it this time around!

Also, anyone from So. Cal going? I'm thinking, if I can still get a room, I'll stay at South Point. I'll be checking availability in the a.m.

Holler!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-03-02, 2:49pm
I speak Murrini!

Got my room thing all arrange - yay! Hubby has free Southwest Tickets - more yay! So..........is there gonna be an LE get-together dinner Saturday night? Does anyone know if there will be a flame-off and what date/time it's set for?

(Please don't tell me I killed the thread!)

De

Old 2010-03-02, 2:58pm
JulieV

No, I'm still here! lol
No one has mentioned an LE supper yet. Last couple of years, we just met at the buffet. Should we do that again? Say around 7 pm Saturday night? Do you think that gives everyone time after the show?
I don't know if there's a flame off this year; haven't heard.

Old 2010-03-02, 3:11pm
tweetysweetie

((Julie)) Hi ya budso! That time sounds good, and I can make it to that I think..it would be fun to meet all the LE peeps I haven't met in the last couple years and a bonus to see "again" the ones I have! You know I'm super busy, and since your not doing anything anyway (lol) you be in charge of rounding up everyone...teehee..

De, glad your getting to come and I look forward to meeting you, yes..we can all hang & chat glass...

Old 2010-03-02, 3:44pm
JulieV

Hey Catherine! I'll ask if I can hang a sign about it outside the classrooms; we haven't tried that approach yet. We've had a nice little gang show up the last few years. Let's see how many can make it this year. It doesn't usually last much more than an hour or two at the most. Sometimes we bring trade beads or just show off our latest work. No pressure to trade if ya don't want to! lol

Old 2010-03-03, 11:49am
I speak Murrini!

Weee....I wanna go! Please let me know how plans go for a buffet round-up of LE Peeps! If it's OK, please count me IN! Still hoping someone can advise if the Flame Off is "on" or "off" Hope it's FLAME ON!

Does anyone know if Brent is going this year? I know he's had lots going on with his Dad getting his new heart; I didn't want to PM directly quite yet - maybe he's not even sure! Just thought I'd ask here first...

De

Old 2010-03-13, 1:55am
boro color bender

I'll be there! I've missed the dinner past years and I'm sorry... I will try not to be in an unsocial mood this year. Seems after a few drinks, I'm wrapped up in visiting the folks right around me, don't need food and I miss it... maybe if I have my first beer after dinner, I'll make the buffet... who am I kidding? It's Vegas... I'll have a beer with lunch! (ok ok, maybe even breakfast)

Why is it that I don't drink at home, but when I get around the Vegas crew, I drink all day? You people are a bad influence on me.

I'm so looking forward to seeing everybody and having a blast! We're going to be doing dinner at my favorite Mediterranean restaurant... right next to a hookah lounge. I'm not sure what night and I have to get the name of it from a friend... even if we don't go together, you should all go... the food is fantastic!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-03-13, 6:19am
He can do the origami

I'll have the fesenjān thank you
Old 2010-03-13, 7:00am
Mr Brutus RIP

De and others, when I went a few years ago a bunch of us from LE ate at an Italian resturant at southpoint. We traded beads and it was such a wonderful night! Even my husband had fun!! LOL
I'd love to meet again but I'd getting in on saturday night late so just going to the show sunday am. If anyone is meeting for lunch I'd love to be included. For me no classes, just shopping.
Can't wait!!!
Sue

Old 2010-03-13, 11:46am
JulieV

Yes, that was a blast! I had organized that one, I think. Last couple of years, we've been doing it informally at the buffet; just whoever can make it, drops in. Patty said I could posters up at the registration desk area about it in case some other LE-ers don't see it here.

Old 2010-03-13, 2:00pm
Always smiling, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
We're going to be doing dinner at my favorite Mediterranean restaurant... right next to a hookah lounge. I'm not sure what night and I have to get the name of it from a friend... even if we don't go together, you should all go... the food is fantastic!

Brent, Almaza is not far from Southpoint and a great place to go, never been there for the night life but the food rocks! The smoking area and the restaurant are not seperated, just a heads up in case you can't eat in a smoking environment. http://www.almazalounge.com/

Then one of the BEST is Paymon's over by UNLV, the Hookah lounge and restaurant are seperated! http://paymons.com/med_main.html

BTW does anyone know if the Flame Off is going on this year? Cant seem to find any info on it!

Old 2010-03-13, 3:52pm

I will be there - behind the Soft Flex booth. We will be up near the front of the bead bazaar area, next to the gallery of excellence. Booth # 603

Be sure to stop by and see our newest products and gemstones!

Janel, there is not going to be a Flame Off this year. I think they are planning to bring it back for 2011. However, they will have the live demos at the back of the hall sponsored by Glass Patterns Quarterly / Profitable Glass and Flow Magazine.

See you guys there!

Jenny

Old 2010-03-14, 7:55am

Can anyone come to this LE bash? I will be at the show on Friday and perhaps Saturday, but with friends who are not LE members and I would hate to leave them out in the cold!

Liz

Old 2010-03-14, 8:21am
JulieV

Absolutely! Why not? Of course! Hell YA!

I mean, sure, I don't see why not....

Old 2010-03-14, 8:27am
Professional Troublemaker

Hey Liz -

If you don't tell anyone they're not LE people, no one will ever know! LOL (Unless they're normal.... then we might suspect..... )

I'll be at Glasscraft again this year, sharing a table with Jeri Warhaftig, who'll be teaching. I'll be at her table most of the time, but I'll keep an eye out for LE peeps to find out when and where dinner is.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!!!

Schermo

Old 2010-03-14, 9:39am
JulieV

Hey Ann!
Far as I know, we've talked about 7ish, buffet, Sat. night. Haven't heard otherwise, so I think that's what we're going with.
How's that for being wishy/washy?
Julie

Old 2010-03-14, 10:07am
I speak Murrini!

Oooo, boy! I'm starting to get really excited! Woo Hoooooooooo......

I've FINALLY booked my flight; it's gonna bring me in a little later on Saturday than I'd wanted, but I'll be checked in to the Hotel and dashing to the Show by 2'ish! I've talked with the peeps at Boise Art Glass, and they're gonna create a couple custom pieces for me - I'm SO thrilled! Last year I purchased one of their lovely Nude Figural Marble Stands; being a hard-core collector of vintage Cambridge Nude Statuesque #3011's, these fit right in! They're gonna make me a couple more for my collection...and I'll be picking 'em up!

This is gonna be so great...to meet a bunch of you! I'll be watching for the poster announcing the "get-together" location and time for Saturday night too!

(Oh, and if you're not familiar with the Depression Era #3011's, here's a link to the Cambridge Collector's site; still stalking the antique shops for an undamaged, complete Cigarette Box w/Lid - someday, with luck, I shall have one! http://www.cambridgeglass.org/memberphotos/picnudes.php)

Old 2010-03-14, 12:28pm

I wish I could go.. I went for 3 years in a row and now I think it's officially 3 years I haven't been able to go.

I met so many awesome people there.

I miss some of them bunches too!! LOL

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2010-03-14, 1:09pm

I wish I could come again this year. Last year was so nice, thanks to Ann (Shermo). She took me under her wings and she had her husband drive me to the Southpoint hotel and they brought me back to the Strip.

But I will go to the Gathering in Rochester. I am so lucky to have been given an international scholarship.

Maybe I can make it an annual thing coming over to America for a lampwork event every year.

|
Old 2010-03-16, 5:13am

I hope to see finally put faces to names and meet lots of you. I will bring my friends along. They are glassy people they just fuse not melt, so they will fit in just fine. This will be the first time I have been to this show, but not the first time to Vegas.

Liz

Old 2010-03-19, 10:51am
I speak Murrini!

Wink Cash or Credit Question!

So...I don't really like to travel with lots o' moolah, but wondering if you'd figure vendors give you a better price - or maybe a little break - if you do a cash transaction over a credit card one? Would you say that most GC vendors take credit cards?

I just wanna be ready!

Thanks...
De

Old 2010-03-19, 1:08pm

I'm so excited! Stephanie Dieleman (Stephaniebeads) and I have garnered a booth at Glasscraft so we will be in the Bead Bazaar at table D10! (Next to our wonderful Mary McDuck! We've never been to this show before so any advice for us newbies would be welcome.

Hope you all drop by to say hello!!!

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on

Old 2010-03-19, 6:40pm
JulieV

Kerri! Are you serious?? How on earth did you get in at THIS late date! Must have horseshoes! lol

Old 2010-03-19, 6:56pm
JulieV

De, last time I asked for a wee break, I got a HUGE song & dance about how hard it was to pack ALL that glass up there, blah, blah, blah! So I promptly went over to Arrow Springs and bought from them! No hulabaloo over there; I was treated with respect and the whole transaction was very professional. But then maybe the arrow springs folks weren't smokin' up . . . .
I believe most take credit cards. But there's bank machine all over, so it should be easy to get cash. (unless you're from Canada! lol)
Look forward to meeting you.