Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-04-14, 10:33am

Default What Colors Do You Need?

For those of you who use frit, what colors and sizes do you use most frequently?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-14, 10:45am

I'm in love with olive and coral pinks right now. Vibrant blue / purples; any "coffee" looking mix or animal print.

Old 2010-04-14, 11:53am

That's a great start!

Feel free to make specific requests - vendor (unless the vendor is a proprietary blend of course, like Val Cox, Dragonfly, Glass Diversions, etc...), size, color...

Basically, I want to make sure that I carry what YOU need!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-14, 12:24pm
Formerly Sassygirl

Leslie did you ever get that z99 made for me?

Old 2010-04-14, 2:06pm

I've got most of it ground. Just another hunk to chew off, grind & sort!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-14, 3:19pm
one day at a time

I'm going to need to place another order with soon! I'm getting low on my Cranberry and there are some others I need too.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Somewhere down the line, do you think you could consider offering the Multicolors, both the regular and dark (96 COE) in size #0? If you do, can you please PM and give me the heads up?

thanks!!

Last edited by Lisi; 2010-04-14 at 3:24pm.
Old 2010-04-14, 3:37pm

Sure thing, Lisi! I'll put those on the list!

If you need to stock up I'm having a sale - use this link:
to get 15% off!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-14, 5:45pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Sure thing, Lisi! I'll put those on the list!

If you need to stock up I'm having a sale - use this link:
to get 15% off!
Great!!

How about this one in a size #0 as well, if you can?

While this one doesn't make rainbow colors like Multicolor, I think people have forgotten that this frit is quite interesting. If you cook it good and hot over white, you can get deep plum and sunset orange. Over black, some stone grey and denim blue. It's cool stuff.

I want to try the Multicolors in place of what I normally use raku for, to get a little more color. Oooo ideas cooking away in my head already! I used Multicolor #1 and got raku-like results that I was please with, and I'm sure I can get what I'm after with the smaller size #0.
Old 2010-04-14, 5:56pm

I love Iris Dark Brown! Size 0 added!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-15, 6:34am

Ok, the following have been ordered:

R-106-0 Dark Iris Brown
R-198-0 Multicolor
R-736-0 Dark Multicolor

They should be in within a few days. Let me know what else you guys need!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-15, 7:15am
Who me?

I love high contrast in colors that coordinate, rather than contrast in the same color family. Does that make any sense?
Old 2010-04-15, 8:02am

Quote:
I love high contrast in colors that coordinate, rather than contrast in the same color family. Does that make any sense?
Yes it does. Do you have any in particular that you would like? I can also work up blends for you if there are families in particular that you really like.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-15, 3:26pm

"need" or "want"??

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-04-15, 3:40pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

For me, it's always been the larger sizes. I
like it about the size of pretzel salt or larger.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-04-15, 4:07pm

z99 in something bigger than dust.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-04-15, 5:04pm

Quote:
"need" or "want"??

Both!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-17, 10:56am
Cat Lady

I've been looking around for Double Helix frit for a while, particularly in the latest colors (Ekho, Clio, Terra2). Double Helix doesn't seem to have produced those in frit yet. I don't know whether anybody is making frit from rods to sell?
Old 2010-04-17, 6:53pm

Quote:
I've been looking around for Double Helix frit for a while, particularly in the latest colors (Ekho, Clio, Terra2). Double Helix doesn't seem to have produced those in frit yet. I don't know whether anybody is making frit from rods to sell?
I just placed an order for each of the three and I'll get them fritted for you. I'll post when they come in and are ready.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-17, 8:11pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Raku 104 size 0

Sara

Old 2010-04-18, 4:47am

Added to the new list!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-20, 10:28am

I'm still ordering colors, so let me know....

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-20, 9:01pm
Cat Lady

Quote:
I just placed an order for each of the three and I'll get them fritted for you. I'll post when they come in and are ready.
Wow - you rock! I'm so excited to try these colors in frit.
Old 2010-04-22, 1:47pm
one day at a time

Hi Leslie!

If I'm not too late, here's 4 more I would like to have in size #0

Reddish Amethyst R-12 - it's a distinctly different shade of violet than the other two I had you order before. Lovely!

Fuchsia R-9 - a pinkier pink than the cranberry I love (which I will be getting more)

Light Beige R-161 - I'm thinking this one is very similar to Gaffer's Latte, and the Gaffer is "dusty", which I'm not crazy about. Reichenbach's small frit is so nicely sized and clean.

Old Pink Rose R-150 - I had this one in size #0 years ago and loved it!

As soon as everything is in, I will be placing a big order. But if you can't order these I'll understand!

I haven't forgotten about the bead photos with the beads I make with #0 frit, Leslie...I've just been so busy with Etsy! As soon as I get time to breathe I will be making new beads to show off the frits.
Old 2010-04-22, 5:45pm

These colors are in:

R-106-0 Dark Iris Brown
R-198-0 Multicolor
R-736-0 Dark Multicolor

Lisi - I'll order those other size 0's for you tonight....

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-22, 5:46pm

The Double Helix just came in as well - I'll get that fritted this weekend!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-04-22, 7:17pm
one day at a time

Quote:
These colors are in:

R-106-0 Dark Iris Brown
R-198-0 Multicolor
R-736-0 Dark Multicolor

Lisi - I'll order those other size 0's for you tonight....
You are awesome!!! I will never ever have to worry about buying kilos and 1/2 kilos to get the colors and frit sizes I need!

I'm especially excited about you ordering that light beige, because it looks to be in the same color family as the tobacco colors. So more than likely it will have the look I'm after.

Last edited by Lisi; 2010-04-22 at 7:20pm.
Old 2010-04-25, 2:02pm
Formerly Sassygirl

Leslie on top of my order for z99 I would also love some Coral pink size-1 3 oz thanks.

Old 2010-04-25, 4:41pm

Size 1 pearl white opaque. Size 1 opaque bluish purple. Any transparent furnace glass, size 1, but especially pinks and purples, true corals, yellows. Salmon size 1 opaque. Greedy aren't I?
I just love frits, but I don't like blends.

Old 2010-04-25, 6:44pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Gunmetal Powder. I believe CIM makes gunmetal.

Ebay:
Old 2010-04-25, 7:21pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Gunmetal Powder. I believe CIM makes gunmetal.
Ooooh this one in the size #0 frit!