Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-02-11, 9:45am

Default shocking pink receipe???

I've a request to make a flower in shocking pink......any receipes for this colour? I've tried rubino over white, pale pink "evil purple", and it's not right.
I'd need help!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ebay
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

website New shop on website!

New Etsy shop!
Old 2010-02-11, 9:52am
Will work for glass...

Rubino really is great for achieving pinks, but I usually use it in layers with other transparent colors; a dark, purplish pink can be achieved using rubino topped with transparent light lavender. Or, you can change the color of the base bead, like using opal yellow underneat the pink for a great apricot-looking effect. I would try maybe layering rubino over a light lavendar opaque (lighter than periwinkle, that would be too dark) or even just over white, then use another pink color on top; I use Blush by CiM. I also strongly recommend the tutorial "Think Pink" by Sarah Hornik- you can find it on the Tutorial forum, I think. She has great recommendations for using rubino in a lot of different ways, and also tips on keeping your pinks from turning brown/grey, etc. It's one of my favorites because it really covers the pink color spectrum and how to get the best results from your pink glass. Experiment, have fun. Good luck!
Old 2010-02-11, 9:53am
Will work for glass...

Oh, and another route you could go would be to try one of the silver glasses, which can really give you some great ruby tones. But the results will not be as consistent with regard to achieving the same color every time.
Old 2010-02-11, 10:51am

rocky rubino if you can find some--it's a vetro odd lot--was a nice deep fuscia. lauscha fuscia is a nice pink as well--i think grace @ lauschalady.com might still have some?

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-02-11, 11:33am
Creatrixie

I don't know if you want to use frit at all, but I found that the Val Cox Gold Ruby frit gave fabulous hot pinks...

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-02-11, 11:49am
Astro Cat

some of the bullseye glass is nice too - but just remember the COE is 90 and you can't mix it with any of the moretti/vetrofond/lausha or other 104 COE glasses.
Old 2010-02-11, 3:02pm
Lampworkaholic!

Reichenbach Opal Raspberry, comes in 104 and 96.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-02-11, 3:03pm

thank you all for taking time to help! I will try some of these suggestions and see what I can come up with!
any more suggestions are welcome, there can never be enough pinks!

ebay

website New shop on website!

New Etsy shop!
Old 2010-02-11, 3:13pm
And silence is golden

Check out both Val Cox and ThatfritGirl. Both carry frits that are in the hot pink catagories.
Old 2010-02-11, 10:35pm

You can get a nice bright gold pink by fuming gold over white.

Marilyn