No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-08-25, 9:01pm
Corgi Lover

Smile Should I take this class?

I have an opportunity to take Pati Walton's class. My question is - how advanced should you be in your skills to take a class like hers? I just started making beads this summer and I'm happy with what I have done. I just don't want to spend $400 and realize 5 minutes into the first day that I am not where I need to be to get the most out of the class. Anyone have any experience with her classes? Can a newbie realistically do this? I just set up my minor torch two weeks ago (had a hothead before).

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
Old 2005-08-26, 5:09am
Corgi Lover

Thanks Kimberley - emailing her is a great idea. Hope she answers fast, the class is next weekend!!!
Vicki
Old 2005-08-26, 3:43pm

I've taken classes long beofre I was at the level of the class. I did that because I had the opportunity and would not be able to get near that teacher again. I told the teacher ahead of time not to slow down or wait for me. This is only fair to the other students in the class who are intermediate or advanced and have paid for that level of a class. I learned a lot and am just now able to do some of the things that I saw done 2 years ago. (Having thoracic surgery did slow me down a bit by keeping me off the torch for 6 months but I'm catching up !!) Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-08-26, 4:18pm
Life in the slow lane

Are you taking the one in San Antonio? If so I'll be there and be able to meet you. My friend Margie and I are going to spend Thursday night through Sunday in the area.