Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-06-09, 8:53pm

Default New Logos and updated theme

I spent the day designing new logos and menus for my two main sites. My old sites were too drab, so I perked them up a bit.

Let me know what you think of the logos and the overall look.

http://www.tumbleweedglass.com/
http://www.websitetechnician.com/

I value the artist's eye here and I'm not thin skinned. Thanks in advance.

Steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-06-10, 4:07am

Hi,
I was curious to see your site. I tried twice to open it. Is it me or do you have a glitch?
Mimi
Old 2008-06-10, 9:06am

Try Again Mimi. Let me know if you can get in.

Steve

Old 2008-06-10, 8:55pm

Oh well.

Steve

Last edited by SteveWright; 2008-06-13 at 2:16pm.
Old 2008-06-25, 7:48am
Back from the Dark Side

Steve, I like the look of them. The only suggestion I have is to add pics of the lampwork and jewelry on tumbleweed glass. It looks like a tech site, and as a buyer I want pics right there

Just my opinion, and you know how much they are worth

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2008-06-26, 10:31am

Thanks Lynn,

I'm off to add some pics.

Steve

Old 2008-06-26, 10:38am

I agree with Lynn, I think that will make it REALLY pop!
Old 2008-06-26, 5:34pm
Queen of small things

pics...need pics.

to much reading for a quick browse- not enough to capture my attention to make me stop and read.

I'll check back to see more.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty... I'm gonna drink it through this crazy straw.

In North Georgia? Visit my bead store!

Old 2008-06-28, 7:20am

I was finally able to add some photo of Susie's wirewrap to the home page.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 2008-06-28, 1:37pm
Back from the Dark Side

Much better! Just those 3 pendants make me want to read the page

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2008-06-30, 6:51pm

Steve,

You have a typo in the *first line* of your text on your tech site. I didn't go any further.

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2008-06-30, 8:17pm

Thanks Malcolm,

I throught that I had read everything carefully.

Steve

Old 2008-06-30, 9:42pm
Trying to Hope!

all I see is a very simple catergory with no color or anything to grab me it looks like it didnt load all the way

I agree more pics and color

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2008-07-03, 8:48am
Trying to Hope!

wow it looks great now I love the easy classy layout

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2008-07-03, 8:36pm

Thanks Wendy,

When it did not load all of the way, what browser were you using?

I try to test in different browsers, but my current web editor makes that a bit more difficult.

I've long since abandoned IE for Flock and have never looked back. It is built on the Firefox engine and has great features, but the majority of my hits come from a variety of IE versions.

Steve

Old 2008-07-04, 9:16am
Trying to Hope!

internet explorer is what I use I think its 6.0 not sure if you tell me how to check i will

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2008-07-19, 10:13pm
FireSculptedCouture.com

My sugestion would be to limit the text on your first page. More photos would really help it... I am not a huge fan of all white pages - it is very stark...

JMO

site is not yet available

Old 2008-07-20, 8:12am

Wendy, Go to the Help menu and select About Internet Explorer.

Rachelle, I've been bouncing back and forth with the background color. The stark white was such a relief after my last boring color scheme, but it is starting to look bland.

Steve

Old 2008-07-20, 9:33pm
FireSculptedCouture.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWright View Post
Wendy, Go to the Help menu and select About Internet Explorer.

Rachelle, I've been bouncing back and forth with the background color. The stark white was such a relief after my last boring color scheme, but it is starting to look bland.

Steve
Hi Steve - LOL. I know how you feel... I tend to be drawn to black for some reason! You could use the colors from your logo and bring that down to your headings and such... maybe use some color spaces for content.

I have two client sites I have been working on... Check them out -- they are not glass sites, but interesting none the less! I was given two very "interesting" colors for the PI site http://www.exlawman.com, and am quite happy with the results... the client is please too!

The other is my personal site for our show dogs and still in the works... http://www.BadgerCreekDachshunds.com

Cheers!

Old 2008-07-21, 10:45am

Thanks Rachelle,

That gives me something to work on. The PI site was nice in black, I like that look too.

I'll experiment with using the logo colors and try desaturating or lightening them up for accent items.

I'm going to try to work on it later. I'm in the middle of a couple of big projects and my wife is very sick today, so everything but caring for her is on the back burner.

Steve

Old 2008-07-21, 11:25am
FireSculptedCouture.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWright View Post
I'm in the middle of a couple of big projects and my wife is very sick today, so everything but caring for her is on the back burner.

Steve
Hi Steve,

I hope your wife feels better soon.

Best Regards,

Old 2008-08-20, 10:11am

Rachelle,

I decided that I like the dark pages. I did a blog up this morning for our wirewrap stuff and posted it today.

Check it out and let me know what you think. I suspect that I will modify my entire site to match this scheme.

http://www.tumbleweedglass.com/wirewrappedjewelry/

Steve