Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2006-07-17, 8:15pm
Mary Lockwood

Default Complex creased petal tutorial

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-07-17, 8:17pm
Happy 10 a.m.!

Wow Moth ~ Thanks so much for sharing! I want to run straight to the torch and practice!!

Mega Minor w/propane, tanked oxy and humor
Old 2006-07-17, 8:21pm
Flaming Glass Studios

Default Nice bubbles too

Your floer centers have nice bubbles.

Patti Hensley
Old 2006-07-17, 8:22pm
Flaming Glass Studios

Default flowers

If I could spell it would be nice.

Patti Hensley
Old 2006-07-17, 8:35pm
Looking for Spock's Brain

Mary, thanks so much for posting this!

I can't wait to try it out.

Joyce

Old 2006-07-17, 8:36pm
needs to light the torch.

Wow Mary!
That makes me actually want to make florals!
Great tutorial!!!

Old 2006-07-17, 8:41pm
Entropy increasing....

What's wrong with floer? I think it's belgian.
Old 2006-07-17, 8:50pm

Mary, I think I love you... I've been wondering how that happened in your beads.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2006-07-17, 8:56pm

I never would have thought to layer the petals like that. I crease and use transparent, but not in that order. Cool Mary. Thanks

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-07-17, 8:58pm
Glass my new Obsession

Cool Tutorial!
Old 2006-07-17, 9:02pm

Thank you Mary! You made it look EASY! I will try it!!

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2006-07-17, 9:04pm
Red*Dog*Designs

Great tutorial Mary !

Debi

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot

Old 2006-07-17, 9:07pm
I'm a lilac!

Fantastic tute! Thanks Mary!

Old 2006-07-17, 9:11pm
HourGlass Studio

What an absolutly awsome tutorial Mary - thank you so very much !!!! You rock.

Old 2006-07-17, 9:38pm

Thanks so much, Mary! Can't wait to try this.
Old 2006-07-17, 9:41pm
Bracelet Ho

Wow what an amazing tutorial, Thank you so much!!!

Old 2006-07-17, 9:42pm

Great tutorial Moth.. thanks... I've been waiting a LONG time to learn how to do these...hehehe I won't ever be as good as you but I can dang sure PPP

Old 2006-07-17, 9:46pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

That's one of the coolest, cleanest tuts I have ever read! FIVE STARS!!!!

Old 2006-07-17, 9:53pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Way cool...now...when it cools down here I'm gonna try it! Thanks Mary!

Old 2006-07-17, 9:56pm
Corgi Cult Member

Thanks Mary! I've wondered how you make such fantastic flowers. Can't wait to try!
Kathy
Old 2006-07-17, 9:59pm
Where's the coffee?

Awesome tutorial, Mary! Thank you for sharing it.

Old 2006-07-17, 10:16pm
Moving On

Thank you so much Mary. Now if I could just encase the darn things without wrecking them in the last millisecond!!!--Gail

Old 2006-07-18, 5:22am

Totally beautiful florals! Many thanks Mary for the tutorial. You always are so generous to share with us! I will try to make some florals this coming weekend! Can't wait! Hooah!

Old 2006-07-18, 5:50am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks guys! Hope you enjoy playing around with this. Don't forget, you can use any opaque glass in place of the white for a totally different effect. The final dot of clear can be replaced with nearly any pale transparent to completely change the colors underneath. Really expands your color palette.

Try four layers of dots. Try 2 creases per petal for ruffly looking flowers. Rake out the tips. Try this same creasing technique with all different numbers of petals. This is still just basic creased petals but by adding extra layers it really pumps up the intricacy. You can achieve totally different looking flowers with the same technique...really fun to play with this.

Please share pictures of what you make, I'd love to see them.

~~Mary

Old 2006-07-18, 1:33pm
Floral Obsessed

Nice, Mary! -H.

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons
Old 2006-07-18, 7:25pm

Default Thanks Mary

Missed you while you were on vacation and teaching. What a great tutorial!! I tried one today which got so big that I left the last encasing off. We'll see how it looks in the morning. I had tried one before but it turned out really yukky because the razor got too hot and stuck in a petal -CURSES!!
Old 2006-07-18, 7:52pm
daughter and I

Many thanks Mary, can't wait to try your technique! I sure wish I could have made your class in Asheville. Any chance you are back in the SE anytime soon?

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2006-07-19, 1:17pm

Default yesterday's focal

The scan is poor and even has "fur-farm condiment" in it and I wish I could figure out how to cover the hearts of the encased beads. But the focal turned out ok although I didn't do the last encasement (too big). The petal colors: ink blue opaque (thanks, Moth for the source), ink blue transparent, lavendar opaque.

Encouraged that I can do this on a HH and want to try working farther out in the flame since it's 90 degrees in the garage.

Thanks again, Mary!

Last edited by Vicki B.; 2006-07-19 at 1:22pm.
Old 2006-07-19, 1:20pm
Your Royal Fritness

Thank Mary!

This looks like fun

Thanks for sharing!

Dawn

Old 2006-07-19, 1:24pm

Thank you Mary!!!! i've been dying to know who you do that!!!!!!